Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES display

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:45:41 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Does anyone have any good ideas for displaying alot of games in a small space? I dont have a full room to devote to my display, and would really have to limit it to about one wall space. Thanks!

Apr 6, 2007 at 9:11:12 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
To put them up on a wall, Ikea sells some good shelving that many other users here have exhibited in their collection photos.

If you want to show them labels-out (which I don't recommend because they will fade over time) you can nail your own strips of wood into the wall. I'd hit Home Despot and get some simple square wall moulding and cut it to length of your wall. When you get it home, mark your measurements so that they're exactly the height of a NES cart. It's important to get the tolerance to almost zero, less than 1/16th of an inch, otherwise the game will just fall out and onto the floor This is good to a "runner" or border along the top of shelving, but I'd be hesitant to do a whole wall like this, it takes really stupid exact measurements. But it's easy to swap out games when you get something better you want to see!

-------------------------

Apr 6, 2007 at 4:35:48 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
That was a really good suggestion, and now im tempted to take it one step further. Im actually considering putting in the runners, and then sheetrock it in (allowing for proper dimentions of course) for a really built in look. Thanks for the idea!