Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

It's starting... get out your penny jars :)

Oct 26, 2006 at 7:48:42 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Well, it happens every year around this time -- there's so much great stuff to buy, as people start to put away money for the holidays. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but today seems to have been the opening rounds of this phenominon. Right now, IMO, it's a great time to get some good deals on tough-to-find games -- don't wait until December (or even mid-November), as that's when prices sky-rocket, all the way through to February (people have holiday money they're itching to spend). For example, I just picked up a Pesterminator for $10 (to replace my sun-faded copy). Not a super deal, but not bad either.

Right now there's a NWC 1990, a bunch of test equipment, tons of sealed games (such as a Cheetahmen II), several black version Color Dreams games, some pretty rare CIB games, etc. In the next month, we'll see several of the rarer games up frequently: Panesians, Cheetahmen II, Caltron 6-in-1, Stadium Events, and if we're lucky, a Myriad 6-in-1 (or two!).

I personally plan on re-vamping my saved searches over the next few days to make sure I don't miss anything.

-Dain

Edited: 10/26/2006 at 07:49 AM by Dain

Oct 26, 2006 at 8:04:59 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I know, I picked the hardest time of the year to try and save money. There are always so many deals this time of the year. I hope I can stay strong and not spend much $$$. I need to sale all my spare ebay junk and get some extra cash that I can play around with.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:33:11 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I saw all the sealed games put up yesterday there seems to be a flood of them recently..

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:28:58 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
im kind of bummed there werent any good rarites up on 10 cent listing day

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:33:06 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: wrldstrman

I saw all the sealed games put up yesterday there seems to be a flood of them recently..

I find its often feast or famine.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:33:55 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: wrldstrman

im kind of bummed there werent any good rarites up on 10 cent listing day

with non-ridiculous prices, anyways

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!