Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Actiplaque" and Glue on NES/Genesis Games

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:42:31 PM
snes_collector (86)
(Jordan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Not sure if it is just my location in the world/storage habits/condition/combination of all but I'm noticing more and more NES and Genesis games glue are showing through their labels. The LJN NES labels of course, but plenty of red label Genesis games are showing. Not just these however, and not every game. Not a big deal to me in reality as this is bound to happen as the glue gets older but it seems many games are starting to show. Anyone else noticing more games in the wild having this and/or games in their collection showing? This is just another thing that's gonna push the mint premium market as the market gets more mature I'm sure.

-------------------------

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:54:10 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Those Acclaim/LJN white labels are notorious. Thrilla's Surfari is almost impossible to find mint cart only.

Batman Return of the Joker is another, the yellow lets the glue show through on a lot of them.

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:56:37 PM
snes_collector (86)
(Jordan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Agreed, I've never came across a mint Thrilla's Surfari. That one seems to be the worst of any of the Acclaim/LJN titles, although they all are pretty bad. Seems like the later releases for both systems (NES/Genesis) suffer way more than earlier releases. I'm sure cheaper components were used later on

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:40:33 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Ugh, Thrilla's Surfari. I bet you could open a sealed copy and the cart would still look like the titular character's asshole. This one is always way worse than the other late Acclaim/LJN titles
Another one that's often riddled with Actiplaque has to be Mickey's Safari in Letterland. Numberland, on the other hand, was not made by Hi Tech and the label is often as good as any other game. Dunno why they decided to switch back to Made in Japan labels like that

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:41:37 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
Switzerland
Also, some of my LJN/Acclaim labels aren't too bad IMO. My Bartman and my Roger Clemens both have pretty decent labels (especially the latter)

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:43:58 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Vectrex28

Also, some of my LJN/Acclaim labels aren't too bad IMO. My Bartman and my Roger Clemens both have pretty decent labels (especially the latter)
I think earlier copies of Roger Clemens are Japan-produced with a plastic-coated label.

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:26:10 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
I've found it an interesting side thing to find the nicest looking LJN/Acclaim labels I possibly can

May the force be with you.

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:28:13 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Batman Return of the Joker is another, the yellow lets the glue show through on a lot of them.

I've seen people use that as a repro for Gimmick! and justify it by saying "it had a really bad label anyway."  THEY ALL DO!

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:05:50 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
Switzerland
Originally posted by: CZroe

Originally posted by: Vectrex28

I think earlier copies of Roger Clemens are Japan-produced with a plastic-coated label.

That would be Krusty's Fun House, as my copy is  Made in Japan. My Clemens is made in the USA, and I've never seen a Japanese Clemens