Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda: OoS boots to white screen.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:28:48 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I recently found a copy of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons that gets stuck on a white screen after the boot screen. I've cleaned the contacts several times to make sure it wasn't just a case of dirt. The boot screen on my GBA/Gameboy Player throws up the Nintendo logo, so I know the systems are communicating with the cart. I did a quick Google search, but I didn't see any information beyond "clean the pins." Anyone have any idea what's going on with this cart?

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:21:01 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
Open it up and look for any corrosion on the board. I had this happen to the oracle of ages cart... Opened it and there was some corrosion on the board, which I cleaned up. Game worked fine after that.

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:26:00 AM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Originally posted by: dewisp02

Open it up and look for any corrosion on the board. I had this happen to the oracle of ages cart... Opened it and there was some corrosion on the board, which I cleaned up. Game worked fine after that.

Funny that the same thing happened to my oracle of ages cart too. Opened it and had to clean it and no problems since.

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:27:15 PM
greybox (57)

(Tomas Grahn) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
It happened to me once with another game even though it was as clean as a whistle. After reflowing the ROM chip it worked like new again.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:25:43 PM
Thacrudd (1)
< Cherub >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: greybox

It happened to me once with another game even though it was as clean as a whistle. After reflowing the ROM chip it worked like new again.

How did you reflow the chip on a GBC game?

See my retail store! -> http://www.controlfreakvideogames.com

I'm looking for OFFICIAL Nintendo Power Player's Guides! Will gladly trade for them.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:56:56 PM
greybox (57)

(Tomas Grahn) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
Originally posted by: Thacrudd

Heat up each ROM pin and add a little solder. Be careful not to add too much or you'll risk creating a solder bridge.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:12:30 PM
Thacrudd (1)
< Cherub >
Tennessee

Originally posted by: Thacrudd

Heat up each ROM pin and add a little solder. Be careful not to add too much or you'll risk creating a solder bridge.

sweet. I didn't know if you were using a reflow station/IR head or an iron. Some people have even used heat guns on them o_O

See my retail store! -> http://www.controlfreakvideogames.com

I'm looking for OFFICIAL Nintendo Power Player's Guides! Will gladly trade for them.