NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zeldas Big Box, special edition, etc. Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:17:11 PM
Joe (0)

< Cherub >
Brazil

Hello NintendoAge!

I'm posting this to know if these kind of edition was released somewhere else besides Brazil. It's actually an official release by Gradiente, which was the licensed Nintendo distributor at the time.

Both games came with a box sized 12,6 inches (32cm) in width and 8,6 inches (22cm) in height. A "player's guide" was included, but it was not a full player's guide, it just helped you in the first steps in the game. Guides, manuals, papers, etc: in brazilian portuguese. The game itself: in english, the very same relesead in USA.

The Ocarina of Time cartridge was gray, can't remember the exact version, but Ganon's blood was green.

The Majora's Mask cartridge was gold, the label was plain (not the hologram one), and came with the Expansion Pak.

The retailer's price at release: around US$ 100 each game, calculating the country's inflation, would cost US$ 180 nowadays.

I swear I believed they released these two games in big boxes in the USA, but couldn't find any info, eBay, pictures, nothing. Maybe someone can comfirm...? Well, pictures bellow, sorry for the quality.

Comparison with a SNES box to see the size:

Ocarina package (I forgot to put the cart there, lol):

Majora's Mask (forgot the cart also, but it's in the end, lol):
[note it's pictured the Jumper Pak, because the actual Expansion Pak
is installed in my N64 console]

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:21:15 PM
Ipsylos (25)

(Nintendrone ) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Nope, never heard of them until now and never have seen them on ebay.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:21:20 PM
cyan_phoenix (15)

(Cyan Phoenix) < Meka Chicken >
New South Wales
I've never seen these boxes before. I doubt it would have been released anywhere else. They look cool!

-------------------------

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:24:07 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Wow, I'm not even an N64 or Zelda collector but those damn things look freakin' awesome. If I was a NTSC collector I'd still want them. Thanks for sharing, I never saw these before and love the comparison next to that micro sized thing next to it. What is that, a SNES game? So small I can't even tell!

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:27:54 PM
uiengineer (220)
(jeff .) < King Solomon >
Illinois

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:38:21 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
You have something very valuable, hold onto them for now!

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:27:19 PM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
I've never seen those big boxes before. Definitely weren't released here in Europe.

My WTB thread
Buying Zelda CIB NES/SNES/N64 games in mint conditions! (Both NTSC and PAL)

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:56:13 PM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Crap, now we have ANOTHER box format to buy protectors for! How many of these do you think were produced? Was it just the Zelda titles or other ones on the N64?

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:09:21 PM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Mind= Blown

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:04:38 AM
Joe (0)

< Cherub >
Brazil
Originally posted by: Yelir

Crap, now we have ANOTHER box format to buy protectors for! How many of these do you think were produced? Was it just the Zelda titles or other ones on the N64?

As far as I know, only these two came in large boxes. And, believe it or not, they are quite common, but in VERY HIGH demand, everybody wants it, but nobody wants to sell them. The prices are high, and you can't see them for sale everyday, but I can assure you Gradiente produced tons, Majora's is the most common. The thing is: Zelda fans are hardcore-fans, even if I get rid of my small collection, I don't think I would sell them. I know they are common because in late 1998/early 1999, EVERY single owner of a N64 I knew, had Ocarina big box, and in 2000, they bought Majora's, which for a long time was avaliable only in big box format.

With much effort I manage to locate a finalized auction, this one didn't came with Expansion Pak, as the seller says, and I'm not seeing some documents, but its good to see the actual prices, sold for around US$ 100, not bad for brazilian standards (everything is ridiculous expensive here, much more than Europe). http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-229381780-zelda-major...

May 24, 2014 at 12:36:23 PM
skapunx (20)
(Giancarlo Iannucci) < El Ripper >
Connecticut
i want those....... like now

always looking to buy CIB/ boxes / manuals for n64 

current wtb/wttf thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 24, 2014 at 12:39:58 PM
qtoyoda (36)
(SMAAASH! ) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
Those boxes are awesome. Didnt know those existed!

Currently playing: Massive Final Fantasy Marathon - FF2 (4) just broke into the Tower of Babil
Recently Completed: Windwaker HD, Child of Light
Favorite Games of All Time: Earthbound, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger

Looking for Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Season (Box, Manual and Inserts!) & Zelda Collectors Edition

May 24, 2014 at 5:52:56 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Dat necro bump...but glad someone bumped it...I never knew about these and it's nice knowing theres more Zelda stuff out there.

Why didn't America get big box versions

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

May 24, 2014 at 6:44:11 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Damn necroposts getting me all excited...

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.