Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2016 Weekly Contests Presents: Donkey Kong Jr. Contest ends Sunday, 3/13/16 at 11 PM NA time

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:07:54 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

Thanks guys, It's fun to write these up every week - but knowing other people actually enjoy them is a thrill for me.
bimmy always puts up a dynamite write up to start the contests every week (sometimes even bimmy poetry!) so I always feel like I need to keep his efforts going at the end of the week that he started.

Community writers icons are not given out very often here on NA and are a big honor for anyone who fancies themself a writer - but I'm beyond thrilled to even be nominated.

Besides, so much usually happens during the week that everyone basically writes the stories themselves. 

Check under your username. It's safe to say that the Santa News Updates have been promoted to "iconic" status!

-------------------------
2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:11:57 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Way to go Santa , your a regular Mike Lupica

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:24:24 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Thanks guys, It's fun to write these up every week - but knowing other people actually enjoy them is a thrill for me.
bimmy always puts up a dynamite write up to start the contests every week (sometimes even bimmy poetry!) so I always feel like I need to keep his efforts going at the end of the week that he started.

Community writers icons are not given out very often here on NA and are a big honor for anyone who fancies themself a writer - but I'm beyond thrilled to even be nominated.

Besides, so much usually happens during the week that everyone basically writes the stories themselves. 

Check under your username. It's safe to say that the Santa News Updates have been promoted to "iconic" status!

Hell ya! 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:24:50 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Final update, just in the nick of time

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:51:10 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: zobber

I love this game. 

Nice stuff. 

+1 for mnt dew 

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:56:24 PM
Kawaii_kills (0)
< Cherub >
Florida
🐒🐒 147,700 🐒🐒  photo E9E08C4C-2813-4B01-9DB9-D57DBB1FBAEA.jpg

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:12:36 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York

Holy cow!

I feel like a real writer!
The Santa Weekly News Updates are officially award winning journalism now!

The only people awarded that icon are the few that have written for the ezine and the even fewer that have written important community driven pieces that help Nintendoage. It's a HUGE honor. 

Thank you to everyone.
I'm seriously on Cloud 9 right now!

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:38:52 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Did one more run for fun even though I missed the deadline and got 149,800. Thought, "Aww man, I might have been close to the top ten if I did this earlier!" Nope!!! You guys are frickin good!

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:42:11 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
You deserve it Santa! The updates are the best!

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:15:33 AM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

Holy cow!

The only people awarded that icon are the few that have written for the ezine and the even fewer that have written important community driven pieces that help Nintendoage. It's a HUGE honor. 

Thank you to everyone.

Congratulations, Santa!  I seriously love the weekly news updates and I always look forward to reading them on Saturday nights after work.  I'm glad my humorous intros (or at least I think they are, hehe) have been an inspiration toward your writing and I hope they continue to help fuel that inspiration.  I really wanted to do something for Donkey Kong Jr, but I was bone dry out of ideas last week.  I'm going to ave to come up with some bimmy poetry here in the coming weeks   You definitely put a lot of thought and effort into the updates and your knack for writing shines every single week.  Keep up the awesome work and I think I speak for everyone that we look forward to even more weekly updates in the future.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:50:39 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

Holy cow!

Thank you to everyone.

Your Santa News Updates are an important part of the contests that are enjoyed by everyone that reads them, so you definitely deserve that award! Keep up the great work!

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:29:34 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Congrats Santa on your award! I'm honored to be just a small part of it this week.

On that note I'm kinda relieved to have placed 15th this week, hahaha! I think I did pretty well for only one try. Some really impressive DKJR scores here!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:58:25 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Another awesome turnout this week. Great scores everybody!

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:02:20 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Yes Santa thanks for your fun, informative and entertaining news updates. It gives those of us mediocre gamers something to look forward to in contrast to our continuously declining ranks on the leaderboard

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 14, 2016 at 6:44:45 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia

1st.  bertsampson   [25pts.]  Super Mario Bros. [4th]   Tetris [4th]    Kung Fu [3rd]
2nd.  skinnygrinny   [21pts.]  Super Mario Bros. [2nd]  Tetris [39th]  Kung Fu [4th]
3rd.  TWarwick07    [20pts.]  Super Mario Bros. [6th]   Tetris [16th]  Kung Fu [1st]
4th.  Brock Landers [17pts.]  Super Mario Bros. [5th]   Tetris [13th]  Kung Fu [5th]
5th.  erizisto           [15pts.]  Super Mario Bros. [1st]   Tetris [8th]    Kung Fu [DNF]
bert is a damn machine.  I can't touch him, so I'm chasing skinny

...or at least trying to get more points than him one time

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 03/14/2016 at 06:45 PM by Brock Landers