Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda's Adventure CDI NFR's Bunch of these are showing up FAKES!!!

Mar 18, 2012 at 7:02:09 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Originally posted by: Blue Ember

Originally posted by: theguy1962

I still haven't messaged the seller since I haven't received mine, but I did receive a message from him.

"One of the other buyers informed me that they thought these were fake if you have any problems let me know I will make it right"

Well thats good to hear at least he is trying to own up to this and will as he said "make it right" if you are not satisfied (which you won't be). I am really unsure of what to do at this point since the seller promptly refunded my money, i've honestly had to deal with much worse crap on ebay and it's really hard at this point to determine all the facts.

He's only owning up to it because theguy1962 called him out on it.
You know he's only refunding people who either asked him questions about it being a copy or people who are threatening to file a claim right?

He used the "get in, get out, get paid" method. He knows these have consistantly been selling for over $100 each, so he listed them as $50 to get a fast BIN sale.
People tend to buy something right away without asking many questions when they see it so cheap.

Keep in mind, he did this sixteen times in only 6 days. So he made $800 and how many refunds is he giving.. 3, 4?
He still made out like a bandit and has a perfect eBay record.

Unless people file a claim with him I can guarantee he will do this again.
Maybe in a few weeks, maybe under a different account, but it'll happen.

Not to mention he lied about the quantity. He was asked how many he has. He said 15 and yet he sold 16.. ? Hard to keep track of when you have a spindle of blank discs to burn...
He would have kept selling them if if weren't for everyone calling him out.

Help your fellow gamers from being scammed by this guy and let eBay know he sold bootlegs.

Report this guy too...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-CDI-CD-I-SUPER-MARIOS-WACKY-...
He's sold 4 CDR copies of this game in March alone.

Originally posted by: punkr13

Dang that sucks guys, but hopefully this guy does the honest thing and let the ppl who bought them know they are fake. Because if he doesn't, he's basically stealing from the others who don't know.

He's only going to offer to refund if they call him out. I've seen this before. They claim ignorance. You don't sell 16 of anything without knowing exactly what you are selling.
You also don't sell something you know you could get an easy $100 on for $50 BIN over and over again. The whole thing is pretty obvious.

This guy went the extra dick step and offered the people he screwed over the option of a partial. So you can basically keep his CDR for only $35! WTF?
I would be seriously angry if I were a buyer. Actually I AM angry and I wasn't even a buyer.
I'd still like to see someone msg the guy this person claimed he bought them from and see what he has to say.

Edited: 03/18/2012 at 07:09 PM by spoonman

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:44:38 PM
Master of Puppets (28)
(Lucas Pelchat) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Not true, I did not contact the seller in any way whatsoever, yet he issued a refund and sent me an email sayingnto keep or destroy the game. Obviously he could've just been reading this thread since my ebay username is similar to my username on here. I will not be leaving negative feedback.

-------------------------
My NA Auction - None at the moment

My BST thread - Currently selling N64/Genesis/Handheld and some others -- http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

My Nintendo Brick on ebay! --Didn't sell

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:23:23 AM
swlovinist (104)
(John Hancock) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
I asked for a refund, and got this response

Dear swlovinist,

Taking some time getting these to everyone.

- shelbynshera

Total crap response. I responded by saying. I want a refund within 24 hrs or I will be filing a claim.

Follow me on YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/swlo...

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:25:56 AM
icarwngs55 (67)
(Michael D) < El Ripper >
United States
I agree this guy seems to be crap and caught. But from his response I would say he is taking time to give all 16 a refund and you are on that list just give him a minute

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:26:37 AM
pit56 (7)

(Pit 56) < Tourian Tourist >
France
i Buy one too, ask me 20$ for internationnal shipping and send in a simple envelope for 4.56$, definitly bad seller ....
i just ask a full refund, will let you answer asap.

here we can see the bad quality printing
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics...

Edited: 03/19/2012 at 07:02 AM by pit56

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:45:56 AM
bigdihor (1)
(Jared ) < Cherub >
Massachusetts
Pretty funny that he bought them from 'dorwenna777' - this is the same exact seller I bought the fake Zelda's Adventure demo off awhile back that I spoke of earlier in the post - http://super-nintendo.com/zelda-c...

dorwenna777 CLAIMED they were legit after I compared his copies to a legit one, I would assume the current person selling them who purchased them off dorwenna777 also was convinced they were legit, it is SLIGHTLY possible he didn't know... but I mean the quality of the printing is just bad and he is apparently a video game collector?

This dorwenna777 is a bad seed in the CD-I "rarities" games, I remember he used to have TONS of auctions, he repaired all regions of CD-I consoles, had loads of legit sealed CD-I games, but his demos... all copies... I wonder if he unloaded all his copies off on certain people in bulk.

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:00:35 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Master of Puppets

Not true, I did not contact the seller in any way whatsoever, yet he issued a refund and sent me an email sayingnto keep or destroy the game. Obviously he could've just been reading this thread since my ebay username is similar to my username on here. I will not be leaving negative feedback.

BINGO!

03/10/2012 10:09:35 PM
Originally posted by: Muthafodder

I asked why they haven't raised the price and gave a link to this thread.
If he didn't know about this thread to begin with he sure did after that!

I wonder where he got the idea to tell you to destroy the disc...
03/17/2012 07:19:47 PM
Originally posted by: icarwngs55

I got a full refund. He is saying keep it because he doesn't want to have to pay return shipping. I am destroying the bitch. JUST SAY NO TO FAKE GAMES!

Also, if he purchased these "years ago" why do they smell of fresh ink from an inkjet printer?

Sure man, my camera is not too great though, but trust me when I say these are all fakes, you can even still smell the inkjet ink smell on the disc (smells kinda like maple syrup) when you open the case like these were just recently done. I already sent the guy a message asking for a refund. Give me a couple minutes and I'll post pics. And somebody add this dude to the hall of shame ebay ID shelbynshera

From his description:
Zelda's Adventure Demonstration Disc Not for Resale, Full Game not timed demo or a handful of levels. 
What you see is what you get any questions feel free to ask, I have been getting tons of questions about this. 
I purchased from an ex-Philips technician from the 90's who had a collection this is what the gentleman told me. 
The discs were purchased years ago from the Philips Tennesee Headquarters and stored for years and forgotten until recently found.

Someone needs to find the burn date on the disc, take a snapshot,  and call him out. If it shows a burn date anything more recent than "years ago" it's obvious he's lying.

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:31:45 PM
Muthafodder (4)
(Mojo Man) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I gave him the link to this thread hoping him having a heads up would prevent this bullshit, or at least make him think twice about it.

I'm pretty sure I filed the first claim and I also told him via eBay contact that I wanted it destroyed.
Was hoping my stern reaction would assist others.

We should report him and the other guy for this and the other counterfeits still being sold.

Also had the idea about the burn date...for the same reasons.

Edited: 03/19/2012 at 04:32 PM by Muthafodder

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:41:15 PM
pit56 (7)

France
The seller refund me integraly, so now i think on the feedback i have to leave.

that will be a good thing to know if it was burn recently or not.

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:51:54 PM
RESET2019 (35)

(Jered McFerron) < Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Man I love this community. Thanks to the guys who purchased and verified these are fakes. You guys rocks!

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:45:20 PM
killerkobra (91)
(dean belmont) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alberta
Ya great work everyone for working together. I just read the entire thread.

I'm not a detective or anything but this line confused me "I purchased from an ex-Philips technician from the 90's who had a collection this is what the gentleman told me. The discs were purchased years ago from the Philips Tennesee Headquarters and stored for years and forgotten until recently found."

I thought he said he bought them from dorwenna777??? Is dorwenna777 a old tech from Phillips? I would hate to be ripped off then lied to!

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:48:10 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
"Great! Thanks for a great deal!"

Looks like someone got hoodwinked and the Seller is OK with it.

What to do? Looks like he'll be getting negative from me...

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:59:16 PM
spoonman (66)
New York

"Great! Thanks for a great deal!"

Looks like someone got hoodwinked and the Seller is OK with it.

What to do? Looks like he'll be getting negative from me...

Yep.. There is no reason to leave him anything other than negative feedback if you have been following this thread.
It's too bad eBay took away the ability to contact the buyers and let them know. Now all you can do is help future buyers with your warning of -FB.
*edit: I guess you can still contact them.

He sould also be a part of the NA Hall of Shame.
Duping 17 buyers in just 6 days should win him a #1 positiion.

Edited: 03/20/2012 at 09:02 PM by spoonman

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:42:54 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
DO NOT cancel your transaction as he's requesting...you can not leave feedback for cancelled transactions, and it will not affect any eBay claim.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:51:36 AM
pit56 (7)

France
i just send my "neutral" feedback (yes it's fake but integral refund in less than 12 hours is a good issue ) if i accept to cancel the transaction my feedback will be deleted ?

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:00:00 AM
StormZenit (0)

(Leo Palmgren) < Cherub >
Sweden
Greetings from Sweden!

I too was concerned seeing more copies turning up for sale from the same seller. Got mine today and felt that this needed to be checked up. Thank god I found this site and thank you guys for starting a thread like this. And I can inform you that two others (me included) have been notified about this and will claim a refund. I do not know if I will leave negative feedback. If i get my refund and everything works out smooth then I will probably just leave neutral feedback and write that the copy were fake.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:26:42 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
I emailed Labilist on eBay the other day and let him know

"Thanks a bunch for the info. Just got this home today and an more obvious fake is hard to find.. To bad though
I mailed the seller for my money back.

Thanks!
- labilist

We should figure out who still doesn't know and contact them as well.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:42:59 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: spoonman

Originally posted by: Master of Puppets

BINGO!

03/10/2012 10:09:35 PM

I asked why they haven't raised the price and gave a link to this thread.
If he didn't know about this thread to begin with he sure did after that!

I wonder where he got the idea to tell you to destroy the disc...
03/17/2012 07:19:47 PM
Originally posted by: icarwngs55

I got a full refund. He is saying keep it because he doesn't want to have to pay return shipping. I am destroying the bitch. JUST SAY NO TO FAKE GAMES!

Also, if he purchased these "years ago" why do they smell of fresh ink from an inkjet printer?

Sure man, my camera is not too great though, but trust me when I say these are all fakes, you can even still smell the inkjet ink smell on the disc (smells kinda like maple syrup) when you open the case like these were just recently done. I already sent the guy a message asking for a refund. Give me a couple minutes and I'll post pics. And somebody add this dude to the hall of shame ebay ID shelbynshera

From his description:
Zelda's Adventure Demonstration Disc Not for Resale, Full Game not timed demo or a handful of levels. 
What you see is what you get any questions feel free to ask, I have been getting tons of questions about this. 
I purchased from an ex-Philips technician from the 90's who had a collection this is what the gentleman told me. 
The discs were purchased years ago from the Philips Tennesee Headquarters and stored for years and forgotten until recently found.

Someone needs to find the burn date on the disc, take a snapshot,  and call him out. If it shows a burn date anything more recent than "years ago" it's obvious he's lying.

Pretty obvious the guy is caught with his thumb up his ass and trying to make the people who know happy.

As said before, he sold 16, so if he hands back refunds for half, he's still made out well.

He knows what he did, and he's just trying to make it look like an honest mistake.

Mar 21, 2012 at 4:21:00 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
Just a thought... Could Darwena and this particular user be the same person? In any case, glad you all caught on and got the appropriate refunds!

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:53:15 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Originally posted by: pit56

i just send my "neutral" feedback (yes it's fake but integral refund in less than 12 hours is a good issue ) if i accept to cancel the transaction my feedback will be deleted ?
Most likely, if you cancel after leaving less than favorable feedback the Seller can petition to have it removed.

Again...DON'T cancel your transactions.

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:13:58 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Someone else left positive feedback...effing pissed about these fakes being in the wild and the Seller hasn't appeared to correct ALL of it.

I contacted "rompopi"

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:26:48 PM
spoonman (66)
New York

Someone else left positive feedback...effing pissed about these fakes being in the wild and the Seller hasn't appeared to correct ALL of it.

I contacted "rompopi"
Yeah, That's all you can do at this point is leave him -FB and contact people who leave him +FB.
At least he's going to have a tarnished record.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:40:44 PM
Blue Ember (59)
(Jesse Thorn) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: StormZenit

Greetings from Sweden!

I too was concerned seeing more copies turning up for sale from the same seller. Got mine today and felt that this needed to be checked up. Thank god I found this site and thank you guys for starting a thread like this. And I can inform you that two others (me included) have been notified about this and will claim a refund. I do not know if I will leave negative feedback. If i get my refund and everything works out smooth then I will probably just leave neutral feedback and write that the copy were fake.
I'm really glad this thread has helped some people out. When I got mine and immediately realized they were fakes I felt really bad that I might have pointed some good people/friends in the wrong direction, but I realize now with the help of all of you awesome folks here on NA that we really came together to stomp out another attempt to sabotage our most excellent hobby. Thankfully the damage was minimal to us NA members due to everyone getting refunds. Hopefully our efforts have helped several non NA members and more to come get refunds as well. Special thanks goes to spoonman for getting so angry about this ordeal not even having bought one of these himself, just wanting to help out fellow collectors and being genuinely upset about any of us getting screwed by someone with fake games That is what this hobby is about!!

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:43:29 PM
Blue Ember (59)
(Jesse Thorn) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

I contacted "rompopi"

Good job contacting people on these man, i'm sure he will appreciate it...after he gets over the fact that it is a fake of course. 

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:46:51 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
My mind is blown as to why there is only one negative thus far...you guys are giving WAY too much credit.