Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Need some advice on removing some type of permanent ink?

Jun 22 at 5:19:59 PM
Sxsgaming (5)

< Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
I've been trying to remove some type of marker off my PC-FX, and I'm not sure what to try next, so far I've tried rubbing alcohol and a dry erase marker, and neither have worked. I'll include a picture of the marker

Edited: 06/22/2019 at 05:21 PM by Sxsgaming

Jun 22 at 5:33:06 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Sxsgaming

I've been trying to remove some type of marker off my PC-FX, and I'm not sure what to try next, so far I've tried rubbing alcohol and a dry erase marker, and neither have worked. I'll include a picture of the marker
Hmm. I know what 8BitGuy would try next: Baking soda. It often works because it’s somewhat abrasive.

Then again, if you want to risk a mild abrasive, a Magic Eraser will often deal with it with no noticible effect on the texture. Despite warnings, I usually end up using them on stubborn marks and I have yet to see them damage the texture, though you could theoretically wear it down by going nuts with the stuff. Like, so “nuts” that any reasonable person would have given up due to lack of results long before getting that far. I wouldn’t use one on anything clear or mirrored/shiny though and I wouldn’t use one on someone else’s stuff unless they OK’d it.

Jun 22 at 5:35:32 PM
Sxsgaming (5)

< Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
okay, I'll give the baking soda a try first, thanks for the info

Jun 22 at 6:05:18 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Before that, try brake fluid. Someone stated that hear and it's a one-trick pony that works miracles on permanent marker. The catch is, if it's not permanent marker ink, it won't work well. If it is, then you have a good shot getting all or most of it off.

Oh, and it's cheap too. I've seen bottles of the stuff at Dollar General.

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jun 22 at 6:11:05 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Use that search function!!!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Jun 22 at 6:47:27 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: rlh

Before that, try brake fluid. Someone stated that hear and it's a one-trick pony that works miracles on permanent marker. The catch is, if it's not permanent marker ink, it won't work well. If it is, then you have a good shot getting all or most of it off.

Oh, and it's cheap too. I've seen bottles of the stuff at Dollar General.
Yeah. That stuff will eat through just about any paint! Never thought to use it on plastics though. I usually use it to clean up motorcycle parts.  

Jun 22 at 9:03:08 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Originally posted by: zi

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=8&thr...

Use that search function!!!

but then how do we get our post quotas?!