Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Game Contents Open a sealed game recently? Going to? Post the contents here!

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:39:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Alright, hard copy is fully updated (been a while since I saw the thread, didn't realize anything was here), but would like to get a few more added before updating. I'd like to at least get the same number of games a second time before submitting it, although I do plan to update the GameFAQs list around the new year regardless.

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:06:10 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta

Hey duder, whatever happened to that supposed New Year's update? Hmmm? Haaaaah...? Oh well, here's another one:

American Gladiators
- Cartridge (NES-3A-USA)
- Box (NES-3A-USA)
- Manual (NES-3A-USA)
- GameTek Software Registration Card (GAM-NES-US-1)
- Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA-1)
- Gray Epilepsy Warning Sheet (NES-DOC-USA)
- Flat Black Dust Sleeve

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:46:38 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
There was one new addition. Not worth the effort for one new addition. If people would submit more, I would have more to add, and thus a reason to update

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:27:44 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
Alberta
One new addition? Whacha talkin' about, Willis? The Gamefaq list hasn't been updated in over a year. Granted, there haven't been as many submissions as in previous years, what with everyone going ape-shit over price-gouging and speculation nowadays, but there has certainly been more submissions than just a single one, and it doesn't serve anybody to have the only truly up-to-date list sitting all alone on your hard drive. And by the by, I'm sure you are aware that the more frequently you update the list, the more likely people are to continue offering submissions; it's all about the visibility, man!

Just sayin'...

I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:31:31 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Dr. Morbis

One new addition? Whacha talkin' about, Willis? The Gamefaq list hasn't been updated in over a year. Granted, there haven't been as many submissions as in previous years, what with everyone going ape-shit over price-gouging and speculation nowadays, but there has certainly been more submissions than just a single one, and it doesn't serve anybody to have the only truly up-to-date list sitting all alone on your hard drive. And by the by, I'm sure you are aware that the more frequently you update the list, the more likely people are to continue offering submissions; it's all about the visibility, man!

Just sayin'...

No, seriously, I got like one submission all year.  Maybe two at most.  Definitely not worth the work at this point.  It seems so many people are focussed on the dollars and cents of this hobby that they no longer want to sacrifice for the good of the community.  But oh well, at least you're still picking up the occasional game.

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:12:30 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
It's a shame really. I'm trying to give things educated guesses on what's packed in with what but if not for this list you have I would have never know that Cowboy Kid or Castilian come with posters. Nintendo Power packins and warning docs prove to be the hardest to Guage authenticity too...it seems almost every NES game has one...

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:34:18 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
Alberta

Um, am I on crazy pills? There are like nine new games listed since your last update (Feb 07/13) in this thread alone, eight of which are brand new titles not yet listed on your most recently published list. I've posted four myself since September, so I know I'm not crazy. I just can't figure out where you're coming from with this "only one new addition" crap. I know nine titles isn't exactly stellar, but it's a lot better than one, and it's still better to post small updates once a year (or whatever) than to post no updates at all for eons until everyone just assumes that the project is dead. You know how it goes with vicious circles and self-fulfiling prophesies...

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:48:56 AM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
I think that list should also have "possible" contents too, or unconfirmed, especially for the more rare games. You can just put an "*" next to games that are unconfirmed.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:43:38 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Basil, perhaps I was exaggerating a bit, but when you're the only one posting in the thread, it really does seem like that.

And pegboy, I have made exactly one exception on the list (Stadium Events) and have noted it as such. It was a judgement call that went with much deliberation, but the fact that it matched other Bandai releases from the era coupled with the lack of actual copies to list made it doable, and the owner was 99% sure that the contents were original based off of what he was told by the guy he got it from (it was a local find for the guy). I'm just not comfortable with making that exception for every title though, especially later releases that had many more items packed in. Listing contents that are not confirmed goes against everything the project was started for in the first place, so outside of the one exception I do not forsee anything ever being listed as "unconfirmed."

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:47:16 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
Alberta
And another one...

Jeopardy! Junior Edition
- Cartridge (NES-J2-USA)
- Box (NES-J2-USA)
- Manual (NES-J2-USA)
- GameTek Advert/Poster (GAM-NES-US-1)
- GameTek Registration Card (GAM-NES-US)
- Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-QU-USA)
- Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:27:25 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Didn't you get Platoon as well Basil? Why leave us in suspense?

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:46:08 PM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Opened these they are already on the list, just confirming they had the same contents.

Abadox: The Deadly Inner War
     - Cartridge (NES-A3-USA)
     - Box (NES-A3-USA)
     - Manual (NES-A3-USA)
     - California Games Poster (MIL-NES-US)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-PT-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Astyanax
     - Cartridge (NES-YX-USA)
     - Box (NES-YX-USA)
     - Manual (NES-YX-USA)
     - Jaleco Questionnaire (JAL-NES-US)
     - Jaleco Poster/Advert (JAL-NES-US-1)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-AA-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust SLeeve

Caltron 6-in-1
     - Cartridge
     - Box
     - Manual
     - Questionnaire
     - Caltron Industries Dust Sleeve

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:56:46 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
i have opened plok and hook japan releases are they on the list?

or we are tracking nes only at this time?

Edited: 11/13/2014 at 09:57 PM by alekx

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:57:23 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Basil, perhaps I was exaggerating a bit, but when you're the only one posting in the thread, it really does seem like that.

And pegboy, I have made exactly one exception on the list (Stadium Events) and have noted it as such. It was a judgement call that went with much deliberation, but the fact that it matched other Bandai releases from the era coupled with the lack of actual copies to list made it doable, and the owner was 99% sure that the contents were original based off of what he was told by the guy he got it from (it was a local find for the guy). I'm just not comfortable with making that exception for every title though, especially later releases that had many more items packed in. Listing contents that are not confirmed goes against everything the project was started for in the first place, so outside of the one exception I do not forsee anything ever being listed as "unconfirmed."

Agreed. I believe Dino Peak came with the same packin ad that Sierra Madrock? for SNES had since it had Dino Peak featured in the ad. Although it would say TAI-NES-6, or TAI-FT-US instead of what it says on SNES. I've never seen one but I strongly believe it should exist.

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:39:27 AM
batteriesnotincluded (19)
(Devil S. Advocate) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Two giant cups of coffee later and I finished reading this thread. This is why I joined NA. It's unfortunate that such an ambitious project has apparently been abandoned. Say it ain't so! After reading the thread I then counted the gamefaqs list and there are over 200 unique titles that were opened and the contents recorded. Closer to 300 with variants included. Come on people, something like this can't be left for dead. Where you at Wiz? Maybe you need an inspirational quote:

Jesus: The bible wasn't built in a day.

There see? Jesus didn't give up.

I'm not a high roller in the sealed NES world but, would you believe it? The only game I have sealed for the NES is Dr. Mario and its not on the list! Anyone else want to contribute? A project like this is what collecting is all about. Dain opened 70 games!!!! 70!!!! Kid Dracula, I lost count! The Wiz opened Panic Restaurant!! Are you kidding me?!?! Metal Storm, Mega Man 6, Caltron, Duck Tales 2!!?! A lot of the hard work has already been done.

I loved how people were calling these members crazy while this was happening. No shit! It's fucking insane! So what!

I'll open my copy of Dr. Mario for the betterment of Nintendokind. Yeah it's not that big of a sacrifice, I'm aware, but hey, it's all I got.

May 2, 2015 at 4:37:04 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
Alberta
It may have been "abandoned," but I still post my sealed openings in this thread for the sake of posterity. To wit:

Skate or Die 2
- Cartridge (NES-E4-USA)
- Box (NES-E4-USA)
- Manual (NES-E4-USA*)
- Yellow Projection TV Warning Sheet (NES-RPTV-USA)
- Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA)
- Flat Black Dust Sleeve

May 2, 2015 at 5:31:54 PM
ASchmelzle (57)
< Tourian Tourist >
Texas
Mostly a lurker but I wanted to drop in on this thread and say thank you for aggregating this information. I'm aiming to collect 100% complete CIBs and this work has been extremely helpful.

I opened a High Speed and I can confirm that the contents matched what was on the website exactly. I will likely open a Startropics and a Princess Tomato in the near future as well. Unfortunately I don't have any sealed games to open that aren't already listed but whenever I open anything else I will definitely update this thread.

My guess is that 100% complete + mint will be a more popular way to collect in the future so I anticipate that this work will be valuable to collectors for a long time. Thanks again.

May 14, 2015 at 9:42:10 AM
noquarter (16)

< Little Mac >
Maryland
Probably won't be getting too many sealed games, but did gewt this:

Fist of the North Star
- Cartridge (NES-HQ-USA)
- Box (NES-HQ-USA)
- Manual (NES-HQ-USA*)
- Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:38:35 PM
Kid Dracula (92)
(AP ) < Lolo Lord >
Nova Scotia
Ah... remember when this thread was stickied? It shall never die even if it's as bland an entry as Hoops. Oh well upgrade for me.

Hoops

Cart (NES-2B-USA)
Instructions (NES-2B-USA)
Box (NES-2B-USA)
Nintendo Power Ad (PMG-US)
Jaleco Mini Flyer (JAL-2B-US)
Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Baggie/Styrofoam

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:12:05 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Oooh! New submissions! YAY!

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:01:50 AM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
This thread should be stickied. It has very important information for collector's. I will contributing to this topic in due time. It's just a slow process.

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here

Dec 2, 2015 at 1:11:36 PM
Kid Dracula (92)
(AP ) < Lolo Lord >
Nova Scotia
Nice one Mike, that'd be great!

Slight variation here with a different Nintendo power insert. Funny note- I am about 600 CIBs into a set and I JUST found Silent Service.

Silent Service

Cart (NES-IV-USA)
Instructions (NES-IV-USA)
Box (NES-IV-USA)
Nintendo Power Ad (PMG-MW-USA)
Ultra Games mini ad (ULT-NES-US)
Ultra Games mail away Secrets (ULT-NES-US)
Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Baggie/Styrofoam

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:46:55 PM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
Sorry to hear that. That's one game that should never be found.

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:54:07 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Kid Dracula

Funny note- I am about 600 CIBs into a set and I JUST found Silent Service.

I didn't get a US SMB/DH until I was around 620 or so games.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:55:09 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: austin532

Sorry to hear that. That's one game that should never be found.

What?  Silent Service is an AWESOME game!  It's just that most people don't seem to know how to play it.  PROTIP: It requires both controllers to be used for optimal gameplay.