NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge & GoCollect

May 24 at 4:17:49 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Ok...well...

Is NA going to become a place where you advertise your company? Are you going to turn the site into a membership only sort of thing and charge people? What are the changes you mentioned you'd be making?

-------------------------
My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

May 24 at 4:17:50 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Congrats to Dain..... you made NintendoAge a valuable asset which we all cherish. Looking forward to Jeff's new and innovative ideas, welcome

May 24 at 4:33:38 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
You just bought THE rarest Nintendo item of them all

Edit: Too bad there’s not a physical version of Nintendoage 🤔

Edited: 05/24/2019 at 04:35 PM by phart010

May 24 at 4:41:42 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: phart010

Edit: Too bad there’s not a physical version of Nintendoage 🤔

I literally started (and failed) learning assembly to make a NA cart- was like a FAQ with scrolling text!  

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

May 24 at 4:48:29 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Can a moderator please tell the OP this post belongs in "NintendoAge News"? Sheesh. Learn where to post, noob.

Also, welcome.  

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

May 24 at 4:54:50 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Lol

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 24 at 5:26:03 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Welcome to NintendoAge

If you revamp the entire thing to reflect your comic site PLEASE consider archiving this entire website first.

There is too much publicly shared information that isn't quite archived beyond the actual posts themselves. If you google certain things it just leads you to many, many, many topics here on Nintendoage.

It would take years to rediscover everything that isn't properly archived here on NA.

I know you like to keep and track information yourself, so you might be interested in this tool to download a complete archive for storage anywhere you care to keep it. It retains the link structure so you can browse normally.

https://www.httrack.com/...

May 24 at 5:28:02 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Splain

Oh wow. Very interesting news! I wonder what day-to-day changes we'll see... Glad to hear the site isn't going away.

It's tough to ask the question "how long will I keep doing this?" Especially something like a forum site, where people depend on it, the costs and upkeep are constant, and you can't just take a break. 

I don't feel like I know Dain that well, I haven't interacted with him much, if at all. It's always seemed like I discovered NintendoAge after its real heyday. But I sure do love the site and appreciate his work on it. Best of luck!
I can’t say it better than this.

May 24 at 5:39:31 PM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
Wild!

Congrats Dain and welcome Jeff.

Change can be a good thing. Seems like Jeff prioritizes NES which is great in my eyes, hopefully we get a lot new members contributing new and interesting things.

Onwards and upwards!

May 24 at 5:48:49 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
Suggestion : please prioritize SNES not 2nd, but 1B!!

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

May 24 at 6:34:09 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
As long as the doors stay open I'm happy. This is one of the few places you can come and have a reasonably well paced conversation about extremely obscure video game topics and be able to trust what is said and who is saying it.

May 24 at 7:15:10 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

May 24 at 7:16:29 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
So is anyone planning on telling PlaystationAge and SegaAge about this...? Was curious to read their reactions and there are no threads...!

May 24 at 7:25:01 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

So is anyone planning on telling PlaystationAge and SegaAge about this...? Was curious to read their reactions and there are no threads...!

Lol.

May 24 at 7:35:52 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Meka Chicken >
North Dakota
Originally posted by: MuNKeY

^ It's like Vintage NA vs Modern NA all over again...

Vintage gang 4 lyfe  

WTB  <--- Please sell me a GameCube prototype controller!!!
Originally posted by: Stryphos
Originally posted by: Foochie776

What's an Apple Pippin?
Remember in the Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn threw that piece of fruit and hit him in the head after asking for second breakfast?  Yeah, that's an apple.

May 24 at 7:59:03 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
I never really thought about that someone actually owned this place. What is the benefit of owning this? There aren't ad subscriptions. Do you guys data mine?

May 24 at 8:07:57 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

It’s been a while since I was active over on PlaystationAge but I imagine at this point it’s just Vivi wandering around in the ruins like Burgess Meredith in that Twilight Zone episode.

May 24 at 8:11:55 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: CaliforniaGamingSD

I never really thought about that someone actually owned this place. What is the benefit of owning this? There aren't ad subscriptions. Do you guys data mine?

If I had to guess the database code is probably handy for Jeff to port over to gocollect in some way to help build out the video game section of his site.   And for visibility if his platform I guess.    Total speculation mind you

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

May 24 at 9:27:31 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

As long as the doors stay open I'm happy. This is one of the few places you can come and have a reasonably well paced conversation about extremely obscure video game topics and be able to trust what is said and who is saying it.

Very well put buddy. The friends I've made here over the years are the best

May the force be with you.

May 24 at 10:04:50 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
What the hell is going on here! I spend the day at work and and something like this happens. Don't you think you're getting a little too familiar here (J)Eff? Oh what the hell...

May 24 at 10:08:01 PM
OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Hi, here are my requests for immediate changes I'd like to make to the site:

1. Tiered subscription packages. I wanna have to PAY to shit post and quota bump!
2. Ads between each post in a thread, preferably for some kind of dangerous "health" supliment.
3. 3-monthly rotating redesign of the site, so that every couple of months I can't figure out how to read my PMs anymore.
4. Just sell, like, ALL my data. Seriously, go nuts.

Ha ha ha, all in good fun... For now!  

***Help me finish my N64 set!!!***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...
***I will pay good money for YOUR shovelware sports games!!!***

May 24 at 10:11:28 PM
ap123 (65)
(Andrew P) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Can a moderator please tell the OP this post belongs in "NintendoAge News"? Sheesh. Learn where to post, noob.

Also, welcome.  
I was thinking "Site Suggestions and Feedback", but "Nintendoage News" is actually a much better fit. Can a mod please lock this thread or move it to the correct category?  

May 25 at 12:09:15 AM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Although the reception seems to be positive overall, I do not feel that way.

When something of this nature is purchased, it is done so that a profit can be made. That wasn't the intention of NA under Dain but it will be with a "corporation" at the helm. Dain ran this site and collected because he loved it. GoCollect bought his collection to sell off and profit(with the exception of some hold back pieces as status symbols), and most likely will try to profit from this site, all while doing so under the guise of advancing the collecting hobby.

The hobby doesn't need advancement in that way. It doesn't need tools for archiving and pricing out collections. That can be done on ones own. Check the market yourself on ebay and make a spreadsheet of your collection. To make a tool that can accurately price items of this nature is almost impossible. There are so many intricacies to collecting. Carts, Manuals, Boxes, Inserts, Sealed, Open but new, Used, and most difficult to track is Varying degrees of condition, but the list goes on. I don't find any of the tools now to be remotely accurate. I don't see one coming in the near future and I don't buy the fact that this site or Dain's collection was picked up for that purpose.

Also, I understand that Dain had to keep things under wraps, this is a big change of hands. What I don't understand is why we had the information fed to us through a shit post like this, from someone we know nothing of, giving us a half-hearted introduction. Why couldn't the evil overlord himself respectfully pass the torch? I would much rather hear it from him and I'm sure I don't just speak for myself. Members, Doners, and Subscribers of a site that they have helped shape and loved throughout the years at least deserve that. Dain deserves that. A labor of love such as NA should have definitely had a proper passing of the torch. I feel like this was botched or forced by the new owner. If it was the wishes of Dain to handle it in this manner, then so be it. It's how he wanted to do it and I don't knock him for it.

Don't get me wrong, I send my congratulations to Dain. Peoples lives change and he decided to let it all go because it's that time for him and the price was right. So congrats Dain!

What worries me the most is that I know this site will be exploited. It will not stay this way for too much longer. It may not be major changes right away, but it will change. A large sum of money was spent and that means that the buyer will be looking for a return. That return will come at the cost of heart. This site will lose a lot of it and I don't look forward to that. Am I being a little extreme? Maybe. But this place will change in some way and I don't think we are going to like it.

I hope that I'm wrong.

Edited: 05/25/2019 at 12:12 AM by Darth Vader

May 25 at 1:25:29 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 05/25/2019 at 01:25 AM by skinnygrinny

May 25 at 1:31:28 AM
User123 (61)

< Lolo Lord >
Nevada
Welp, it was fun while it lasted....