Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Mega Drive Prototype for super cheap Latest stuff in latest posts (01/20/15)

May 1, 2013 at 10:34:37 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
This thread will keep track of all my somewhat big or cool finds.
Starting today with an awesome PS2 lot and here's how I got it: The german eBay has a section that's basically just like Craigslist you know people put stuff up there you make an offer and go pick it up yourself. I haven't seen this on any other eBay side. Anyways you can find pretty nice deals in that section and what I found was a CIB PS2 system in pretty good shape except for the wire of the controller which has a bit of damage to it. Also in that box was a standard 8MB memory card (I didn't bother pulling all that stuff out but everything is in there. The listing said the system would come with 14 games but when I made him an offer he said he had two more games he didn't listed. That pretty much always means that the game is rated 18+, indexed or banned here in Germany. In this case the games were God of War and Manhunt. Manhunt is a pretty common game in the rest of the world but not here. This game is on the list of banned games which means it is illegal to sell this game in any way and theoratically even talking about this game in public is illegal. Yeah I know we have weird rules here. Sadly Manhunt was the only game that was missing the manual . The other games are complete though and Sly 3 even has the 3D glasses in perfect condition. Only paid 45€ for all of this stuff which is an amazing deal for german standards . At the moment I'm trying to get a deal done for a CIB Steel Battalion but that will be a pain to work out...

-------------------------
Looking for a copy of Sega Rally on the N-Gage

Playstation 3 Collection: 999/1???
Philips Videopac Collection: 67/69
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: C 239/239 - I 126/239 - B 94/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 166/269
Sega Dreamcast PAL Collection: 52/216

Edited: 01/20/2015 at 09:29 AM by Beliskner

May 1, 2013 at 10:50:32 AM
ColdStatic (19)
(Alex Hughes) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
Very nice grabs! I love the PAL box art for Silent Hill 2. And good luck on the CIB Steel Battalion, I got my CIB Steel Battalion off of Craigslist too, I just traded an old airsoft gun I had lying around for it.

Going for a complete US retail PS1 collection!
Always interested in PS1 stuff, commons included. Feel free to PM me any time!

May 1, 2013 at 11:05:02 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Originally posted by: ColdStatic

Very nice grabs! I love the PAL box art for Silent Hill 2. And good luck on the CIB Steel Battalion, I got my CIB Steel Battalion off of Craigslist too, I just traded an old airsoft gun I had lying around for it.

Thx and yeah North America had really bad luck with Silent Hill 2 for several reasons:
1. The box art of the PAL version is a lot better
2. A Making-Of DVD was included with every PAL-copy of the game; no Making-Of DVD in North America
3. The Director's Cut was released here but not in North America

I think Konami doesn't like Americans

Trading an Airsoft gun for a CIB Steel Battalion sounds like a good deal lol that guy must have been really desperate for that gun...

Edited: 05/01/2013 at 11:06 AM by Beliskner

May 1, 2013 at 4:33:42 PM
Logo1285 (14)
(Christopher Loggia) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Sweet!! I never got into Manhunt, personally. For anyone who has played it, worth the time?

May 2, 2013 at 10:28:44 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Originally posted by: Logo1285

Sweet!! I never got into Manhunt, personally. For anyone who has played it, worth the time?
I never played it but everyone I asked in the past basically said the same: It's a pretty average meeh game that's overhyped because of its high grade of violence.
It's a nice piece for a collection for sure though because this game will keep his place in history.

German mail is having problems at the moment striking and stuff. Therefore I got nothing the last few days and like seven packages today lol.Lots of cool stuff in there including a box with ten PS1 games that I won for a single Euro. That auction certainly wasn't popular. The games in there were nothing all that special some uncommon titles and some sports games. Most notable game in there was Rayman which was pretty nice. Best package was definitely a Game Boy lot for 27€ after shipping. Pretty nice especially because of the included manuals which doesn't happen often. Unfortunately the screen of the Game Boy seems to be somewhat broken. The picture just wouldn't come in clear. The contrast just isn't there so you barely see anything. I'm not an expert on Game Boy stuff so if anyone knows how to fix that you're welcome. The Game Genie is complete with all the stuff in there by the way.

May 3, 2013 at 1:43:49 AM
hmgbking (11)
< Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
Oh! I really like the cartridge holder. Can I get any more information on that? I was having a hard time finding something to hold mine perfectly, let alone with the cases.

If it is just the casing of the screen, you will just need to take off the old one and buy a new one. Pretty simple, as it is just a glue type that holds it on. If it is the actual screen that is scratched underneath, it will need to be opened up (You will need a tri and phillips screwdriver). Good deal in my opinion

May 3, 2013 at 8:06:29 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Originally posted by: hmgbking

Oh! I really like the cartridge holder. Can I get any more information on that? I was having a hard time finding something to hold mine perfectly, let alone with the cases.

If it is just the casing of the screen, you will just need to take off the old one and buy a new one. Pretty simple, as it is just a glue type that holds it on. If it is the actual screen that is scratched underneath, it will need to be opened up (You will need a tri and phillips screwdriver). Good deal in my opinion
Sorry to disappoint you but that isn't a cartridge holder but a carrying/storage case for the original GameBoy. Of you put the cartridges in there like I did you won't be able to close the case anymore. You can stack 2x3 games in the left row where the empty cases are. That's how that thing is designed because games in cases fit perfectly when stacked and lose cartridges just fly around. Of course you can just keep the case open for display purposes. That way you can put about 8 or 9 games in a row.

I will see about the screen thanks for the information . Still a good deal indeed the CIB Game Genie alone easily goes for 15€ over here.

May 5, 2013 at 4:06:48 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Scored really big on a PS1 lot yesterday. I thought a picture is not enough so I made a small video showing the stuff. I already put everything in my shelf so no picture.

If you don't want to see the video here's a list of all the games I got besides the system and a bunch of controllers etc.
By the way I only paid 25€ for the whole lot.

Azure Dreams
Chocobo Racing
Die Hard Trilogy
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics (NTSC exclusive so this is hard to find over here)
Gran Turismo
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Jurassic Park: Warpath
Omega Assault
Parasite Eve (another game that had no PAL release this goes for 50€+ over here)
Strikers 1945 II
Suikoden
Vagrant Story
Vandal Hearts
Wipeout 3
Wipeout 3 Special Edition

This whole bundle is probably worth 200€+ so I'm really happy with this. My PS1 collection definitely looks a lot better now with all these unique and rarer titles

May 5, 2013 at 7:52:05 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
Nice score! Suikoden is one of my favorite games.

May 7, 2013 at 5:00:32 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Originally posted by: KingofGames

Nice score! Suikoden is one of my favorite games.

I heard a lot good stuff about that game recently so I might check it out soon .

So I was at the Craigslist like part of eBay again and scored once again. The title of the ad just said: Atari stuff. But the picture showed more than just an Atari 2600. I took a closer look and couldn't believe my eyes. Under a bunch of cables lied a goddamn COLECOVISION!!! I got incredibly excited because you never ever find a Colecovision over here. That system was infact released in Germany but that was as late as summer 1983 right when the big crash happened. The system was expensive as hell so nobody bought it. Finding a Colecovision over here is incredibly hard. The last time a system was up on eBay was over a month ago and it sold for about 200€!!!
So I messaged the guy and offered him 50€ for everything (it also included games and other stuff just look at the picture). He said I could have it for 60€ and I immediately agreed and picked it up the same day (actually that was only 5 hours ago xD). When I picked the stuff up me and the guy were talking a bit and he said he was really surprised about all the offers he got (I think five in two hours that was lol). We all offered about the same price but luckily I was the first to message him so I won .
He said he found the stuff in the attic of his parents house (he just moved out) and they wanted to throw it away! I was shocked but thankful that the guy saved it.
Now here's a picture of all the stuff that came with the deal (I know it's dark so if you have questions feel free to ask; the Atari console is behind the wheel)

The wheel is basically brand new. When I opened the styrofoam packaging and tried to pull the wheel out of there I saw that the cable was still connected/glued to the styrofoam. The previous owner obviously never even took it out there. The games are really nothing special. After all there aren't many valuable games for the system. The only real uncommon one is Tutankham. Quite a few classics in the bundle like Donkey Kong so I'm of to a good start

May 10, 2013 at 6:56:57 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
No Colecovision fans here?
Well alright then. I got myself an AV modded Atari 2600 and two of these awesome display shelf thingys. Those little shelves were originally made to hold PS1, N64 and Dreamcast systems but the small Atari fits perfectly as well . The other one I have displays my Pikachu N64 but I don't have any games for it yet so no picture yet . This my entire Atari collection by the way. There is room for yuite a few more games so I'm all set .

May 13, 2013 at 9:09:05 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Just received a massive package full of boxes. All these boxes are completely empty. No inlays no manuals no nothing. Some of these are in pretty bad condition and I probably paid more than they're worth but finding boxes only is very hard over here and I actually have most of these games without the boxes so I had to take the chance on it. For now I'll just take the inlays of my worthless boxed games like Chessmaster and put them in these new ones. But I'll order replacement inlays soon. Finding manuals for these games is another story....

May 15, 2013 at 8:43:30 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Look what I found in the mail today hihi. These games were all bought seperately and for cheap

May 15, 2013 at 9:05:55 AM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Very nice man!

May 15, 2013 at 9:46:45 AM
rexorz (45)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Sexy ducktales

My FT/FS Thread  UPDATED DAILY!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

May 16, 2013 at 4:49:44 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
I have the same german DuckTales 2! Missing the manual, though

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

May 17, 2013 at 6:32:08 PM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

I have the same german DuckTales 2! Missing the manual, though
Ouch finding the manual only will be hard as dick. Good luck finding that.

So about five hours ago an add popped up at that eBay craigslist part for eight PS2 games. All for 12€. I already had five of the games but they were to good to pass on them so I snatched that deal and actually picked it up right away because only a few minutes later somebody who lived nearby put up a N64 + controller + Super Mario 64 for only 8€ and he was about to move to another place so I basically had to pick it up that same day or early tomorrow. Decided to pick both these deals up this evening. When I arrived at the first place to pick up the PS2 games I was greeted by an overly cute girl (she was 22 or sumting) and I basically fell in love right away haha. Her last name was "Niedlich" which just happens to be the german word for cute. I should have tried to get a conversation going but I'm just bad at that shit . But I still know where she lives . Here are the games I picked up. I won't take a picture of the N64 because you all know how they look ^^.

May 18, 2013 at 12:18:16 AM
ColdStatic (19)
(Alex Hughes) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
I should have tried to get a conversation going but I'm just bad at that shit . But I still know where she lives .

Going for a complete US retail PS1 collection!
Always interested in PS1 stuff, commons included. Feel free to PM me any time!

May 23, 2013 at 11:28:40 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Wow scored some nice deals yesterday in the evining. Like last week I took a little trip through Berlin to pick up two deals I had going on that craisglist part of eBay. First deal was for five Mega Drive games for 10,50€ . One of the boxed games is missing the manual and the Altered Beast cart has some writing on the label but I don't care all that much since I'll switch it out for a CIB copy eventually.

Afterwards I met up with another guy that had quite a lot games/lots for sale. He had an incredible lot of 14 mint CIB N64 all of which were very good titles including Mario Party 1-3, Mario Kart, Paper Mario and some other cool games. Unfortunately he knew they were worth quite a bit. He offered a very reasonable price for that lot but I was running low on money. I might come back to him at some point so we'll see. He also had 12 lose games I bought of him for 35€. Not the best deal ever but the Mario Party was worth it.

So I got the games and asked him if he could show me the Sega Master System and the original XBox lots he also had posted for OK prices. He was willing to sell some of the XBox games individually but I ended up not buying the ones I wanted (Fable 1, Halo 1 and some other game). Then I took a look at the Master System lot and I almost didn't buy it because I didn't really know anything about the value of the games. He originally wanted 25€ for the lot but ended up giving me the system and the games for 18€ because the hook-up cables were missing. I wasn't really sure if it was a good deal until I looked up the value of one of the games....

Sadly all these games except for one don't have the manuals and Home Alone is not the one with the manual. Still this is an incredibly rare game. A few weeks ago a complete copy sold for about 90$ and there were only very few other copys on sale during the last months with prices that go well over 100$. Turned out to be a steal in the end

May 29, 2013 at 7:51:09 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
A few days ago I found an eBay listing for 5 Sega Master System games. The title just said Sega Master System 2 5 games. I thought to only see games and the first couple pictures showed five not so interesting games but the last picture showed the system, the cables and controllers and the description said Master System 2 + 5 games. A weird listing overall but I just bid on it thinking that most people would just skip it because it didn't look like there was a system included. I managed to win the lot for only 12€ after shipping. If I sell one of the controllers I pretty much get all the other stuff for free
Lesson learned: Always list your stuff correctly haha

All these games are complete by the way

May 31, 2013 at 10:23:43 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Small PS1 score today. Picked up a lot with console, two controllers, two Memory Cards and six games. Paid 20€ for the whole thing and Warcraft 2 alone is worth around 20€ so this was a good find. After selling the console and one of the games I already had I should break even
Sorry for the bad picture I don't know what happened

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:05:12 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
So I was checking the eBay part with the small ads a few days ago and forgot to limit the search to my area. So i stumbled across a NES lot and wasn't impressed at first but then I spotted a pretty rare game and messaged the seller. He originally wanted 80€ for the whole thing but he was willing to ship it for 80€ as well which was cool. Shouldn't be too hard to spot the cool find

So you obviously have the system there with the cables and two controllers which I'll sell to get some of my money back and then you have a NES Advantage which is awesome. You rarely find those over here. And then the games which are pretty cool. Super Mario/Duck Hunt is actually pretty hard to find over here because this wasn't the standard pack-in game like in NA. Only got released with very few system bundles so fairly hard to come by one of these. Mario Bros. 2 and 3 will go on eBay because I already have those. Snake Rattle 'n Roll and George Foreman's are standard you find those everywhere for cheap but I didn't have those yet. Also a Classic Series copy of Tennis. Pretty rare release but not much more valuable than the standard released version.
At last the big guy of the lot Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2. PAL version makes it a little less valuable but it's still worth at least 40-50€. Ibought the first game CIB only one day before so that's quite a coincidence

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:41:53 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
So I messaged some guy who posted a pretty nice Gamcube lot for 80€ earlier this week and didn't hear anything from him for two days and was already thinking of other stuff but he messaged me back and we made a nice deal for 75€. I was really surprised to get a message back because of the quality stuff he had there. It felt kinda uncomfortable at first because he insisted that I pay cash (which is what you normally do when you pick up stuff) plus he lived in one of the not so safe parts of Berlin (still better than US slums (no offense )) and he was living together with three other dudes. Of course my concerns were totally unreasonable. The guy was very nice and even told me that a lot of people offered him 30€+ for just one of the games. As a sane person I would check all the games now on value after people start offering 30€+ for just one of the 16 games but he was a fair dude and didn't backed out. Really happy

This is the system with all the cables, two memory cards (3rd party) and three controllers one of which is the original one. The two BigBen controllers don't work probably so I might try to fix them. All the games in this picture will hop on eBay in one big bundle together with the system. I don't have some of these games but if I can easily get a game for the PS2 as well I just get rid of the Gamecube copy. I just keep exclusives or games that are on other consoles but make a good addition to the collection until I eventually pick it up for the PS2.

And here are the games I'll keep...

Obviously Zelda: Wind Waker Limited Edition was the game everybody wanted. Wind Waker is fully complete and in very good condition. So is Twilight Princess which still has the bill in the case. He bought the game christmas 2006 only two weeks after the release. Always cool to find bills in games . Pikmin is obviously cool because I didn't have it yet. Jedi Outcast and Rebel Strike are cool additions to the collection. Rebel Strike will be replaced with a black label copy. Chrystal Chronicles cool because it's Final Fantasy. NHL Hitz 2003 is actually a pretty uncommon game. Not really worth much but still cool. It was released for the PS2 as well but that one is uncommon AND expensive (for a sports title) so I will hang on to this one. Wave Race is just another cool exclusive for the collection.

Oh by the way I just doubled my Gamecube collection with this deal

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:15:57 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
I'm really getting into the Master System recently. Got another cool lot of eBay for only 33€. The system box is ruined but the system is complete with the cables and an extra controller. The games are all in really nice condition only Sonic and Donald Duck are missing manuals. Sonic Chaos is a PAL exclusive I believe and is fairly common over here but still that one plus Moonwalker and Wonder Boy 3 are worth the price I paid for everything

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:18:56 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
Shipped for 60€ I got myself loads of Pokemon games and some other cool games. The games on the right are ones I already have. The silver in the siplog bag has a dead save battery but I'm not too concerned about that .
Finally got a Pokemon Crystal for the collection and Battletoads/Double Dragon is a decently rare game. Once I sold all the doubles I should have all my money back and have both the systems and the six games to the left for free. Maybe I'll even make some money in the progress