Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Post Presentation Discussion Caution: Raving fanboys and salty haters within.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:05:54 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I just order everything off amazon and if I don't get it the day of release I go out and pick stuff up at a local store and then return the merchandise to said store once it comes in from amazon. Probably do the same with Zelda U... Amazon (canada) is expecting a delivery date of March 6th so I'll likely buy it at Walmart Friday morning and return my amazon package to Walmart when I get it. I guess you can only do that if the item is available at launch which isn't always the case with Nintendo.

I have a feeling there will be Switches available to buy on the 3rd in store without a preorder, but I could be wrong.

-------------------------
Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Edited: 03/02/2017 at 02:07 AM by Andy_Bogomil

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:14:01 AM
JCE3000GT (4)
(J E) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: NYGiantFan

It's not the price overall. It's what your getting for the $300 dollars. Nintendo spent a bunch of money on thinking people will care about these "joy con" controllers. Obviously it's expensive tech....see the prices.

The portable tablet is a great idea and I truly believe Nintendo wanted the Wii U to have more mobility away from the TV put couldn't make it work at the time.

I can appreciate that Nintendo is trying to be different and doesn't want to directly compete with Sony & Microsoft. There is a place where they can live in the console space and sell 30 million consoles; even more if this console replaces the 3DS.

Yet, Nintendo will not say this. They did not come and out and say here it is....a console that can play all the 1st party console blockbuster titles that we all know and love....and play those great portable DS games. This console if marketed that way could sell 50-60 million....maybe more.

You get the feeling Nintendo isn't ready to eliminate the hand held yet.

All launch lineups are barren...we all admit that. However, we were supposed to be blown away because Nintendo abandoned the Wii U for at least a year...in some cases longer. That time and the "March" release date was supposed to set everything up for an amazing launch and an amazing first year of games.

What we have are "remastered games that could easily be released right now...yet Nintendo is holding them so its appears that "new" content is coming steadily throughout the year. When is fact Splatoon 2 is hardly a squeal, Mario Kart is a few added features, and no mention of Smash Bros on the Switch.

With the Wii U selling so little, they could have had each of the games mentioned above ready at launch for millions of gamers who didn't bother purchasing a Wii U.

I bet my house Mario leaks into 2018. Nintendo's develop teams are notoriously slow and behind schedule.

This console didn't show one game or one new thing that would make a non-Nintendo fan want to purchase this console. The Switch will once again be a Nintendo fan-boy console and as someone mentioned; that group..which I include myself in are dying.

Sure, I'm getting it for Mario and Zelda alone. But I can't recommend it to other non Nintendo diehards, and the same could be said for the Wii U.

Nintendo doubled down on motion controls; when anyone with a brain could have told Nintendo motion controls are dead.

Once again, big 3rd party titles will not be able to run on the Switch. Oh but what about an 6 year old game called Skyrim????? I guarantee you Fallout 4 cannot run on this console.

Another wasted opportunity by Nintendo to make a more powerful console that would have excited 3rd party developers. I will gladly eat crow if this console sales more than 25 million. Look at the data....this failure won't kill Nintendo because they have billions of dollars. But how can you honestly say they have a chance for this console to be a success; unless Nintendo openly admits to killing off the DS and making the Switch their only console.

Wii Sales- 13 million
Wii Sales- 101 million
Gamecube sales- 21 million
Nintendo 64 sales- 32 million
Super NES- 49 million
NES- 61 million

That's called a trend folks....the Wii was a fluke and no one bought any games for it. 80% played Wii Sports for a year and stopped.

I don't usually see eye-to-eye with a NY Giants fan, but, you sir echo my sentiments almost 100%.   

A someone who works in marketing BTW, I found that Switch launch trailer a bit crummy.  My biggest problems with the Switch have already been addressed so I'll just use bullet points below for easy reading for everyone else piggy-backing on your post if you don't mind.  
  • Too expensive to not have a real controller or even ANY pack-in game.  The joy-con controller things look kind of dumb in my opinion and I cannot see myself using them ever so I need the ludicrously expensive $70 controller ($60 is too much for the PS4/XB1 too!)...why is this not packed in?  No game, fine.  But not having a controller for what they are peddling as a home console is suspect at best.  I happen to love the pro controller for the Wii U and would probably love this one even more since it has the XBOX analog stick layout which everyone knows is superior.     I do not like handhelds any more due to my arthritis in my hands so the joy-cons won't be much use for me.  
  • Which is it Nintendo, a home console or a handheld?  Make up your god damned mind and pick ONE.  I vote this be marketed as a handheld and kill off the 3DS.  I like how well the Switch tablet looks but as a home console, meh.  
  • No wireless headset capability native?  FAIL!
  • So it has Mario and Zelda and some miscellaneous remakes...what the hell else does it have or will it have?  A turn-based RPG from Squeenix?  (Note: I do like a few of the titles annouced, but, only enough to count on one hand with at least 1 finger unaccounted for)
  • I love Skyrim, hell I own 6 different copies of it multi-platform, but I cannot imagine it will run smooth enough on the Switch to warrant buying my 7th copy.  Hardware won't be that powerful which is disappointing.  I was really pulling for Nintendo to properly compete at least with the base PS4 and XBOX One.  
  • Renting one game a month?  While I am not a Sony fan they and Microsoft do their stuff right by offering multiple games every month to either play or own permanently.  I love being able to own XBOX 360 games permanently when they are offered on GWG on XBOX Live.  
  • Even if you only play the annual or popular multi-platform games on your PS4 or XBOX One the Switch still needs to be relevant with much more 3rd party epic games.  

I swear, it is like Nintendo is purposely sabotaging themselves by not at least TRYING to bring in the casual gamer or even trying to intice the PS4 or XBOX One owner to buy in to this.  They are throwing away potential revenue and that is a no-no.  The PS4 and XBOX One are $250 and offer a ton more value out of the box, what's wrong with Nintendo trying to compete at the minimum with a $250 price tag?  

I was a Nintendo die-hard fan from 1984 through 1996 or so, when the N64 came out.  I thought Nintendo made a mistake then to use that dumb controller design and stick with cartridges even with the benefits of no loading time.  It wasn't a bad system hardware wise and there were some good games, but back then it just seemed irrelevant due to lack of 3rd party support compared to the PSX.  So once the next generation came around I thought it would be a good idea to open it up and so I bought a Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, and XBOX in that order.  And you know what?  As great of hardware and controller the GameCube had I just felt it wasn't as good as the other three overall taking in to consideration everything--including not having a DVD drive and media.  The following generation was an easy choice for me.  I had already jumped off the Nintendo train after being disappointed repeatedly and bought an XBOX 360 and only XBOX 360.  I didn't buy a PS3 mainly because Sony was starting to become annoying once they stopped doing backwards compatibility in that generation.  I bought a Wii like everyone and their mother because of the hype.  It was a great thing to have ... for nine months almost exactly.  I still have games I've never even bothered to play after buying them.  Hell everything is back in the original box/plastic/etc and I could almost pass it off as brand new.  Just look at my game totals for each system below from the past few generations and cut them in half (sports games, etc) and you'll get a good representation of what systems are decent (Ignore PS3, don't own the console yet).  

Microsoft XBOX: 65
Microsoft XBOX 360: 195
Microsoft XBOX One: 26
Nintendo 64: 13
Nintendo DS: 36
Nintendo GameCube: 20
Nintendo Wii: 25
Sony PlayStation 1: 111
Sony PlayStation 2: 178
Sony PlayStation 3: 6
Sony PSP: 12

I guess my long winded response will end with, I had strong expectations that Nintendo were finally going to be a true competitor and sadly it appears to be going the route of the Wii U.  Maybe Nintendo will pull a Sony and Microsoft and update the hardware mid-cycle to be competitive along with correct a few mistakes that they are making at launch like the PS4/XB1 had.  I'll hold my final judgement for maybe another calendar year, but after that if I don't see any improvement I'll once again pass on Nintendo this generation.  

Edited: 03/02/2017 at 03:22 AM by JCE3000GT

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:29:38 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: DoxieQules187

Why the hell are people tasting the cartridges? Whats wrong with people? http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/14784140/nintendo-switch-car...
That's got to be the dumbest thibg I've ever heard...

“A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card,” the spokesperson said, adding that Nintendo recommends keeping Switch cartridges away from children “to avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion.” The representative also noted that denatonium benzoate is non-toxic.

So they add a chemical to dissuade children from putting it in their mouths and choking on it. That does not explain the adult fascination with the taste. Also why has this not been dne with SD cards? I'm also curious as to the substance solubility in rubbing alcohol. It would be an easy way to remove it.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:35:06 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

I preordered my console and games from Amazon and I'm still waiting for it to say that it shipped and I have yet to be charged for it. It said "expected to ship March 1" and "expected delivery March 3". I really, really hope this ships out on Thursday because I'm counting on it to arrive on Friday. If not then I mean it's not the end of the world but then why am I paying for Amazon Prime if they can't deliver it on time? Anyway, here's hoping it ships tomorrow...
I once preordered Mario Galaxy from Amazon.com for the preorder coin promotion. Not only did Amazon not ship the coin, but my game arrived over two weeks past launch. Some people online were done with the game before I ever got mine. I decided at that moment that while Amazon preorders were great for books and DVDs, I would never preorder a game from there again. Mostly I use Game Stop and occasionally Best Buy. Best Buy it seems has already shipped people's loot including my Pro controller. The rest of it I am picking up at Gamestop's midnight launch party.

Good luck. I hope they ship your stuff in a timely manner.  

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:46:25 AM
goldenpp72 (77)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: JCE3000GT

Originally posted by: NYGiantFan

It's not the price overall. It's what your getting for the $300 dollars. Nintendo spent a bunch of money on thinking people will care about these "joy con" controllers. Obviously it's expensive tech....see the prices.

The portable tablet is a great idea and I truly believe Nintendo wanted the Wii U to have more mobility away from the TV put couldn't make it work at the time.

I can appreciate that Nintendo is trying to be different and doesn't want to directly compete with Sony & Microsoft. There is a place where they can live in the console space and sell 30 million consoles; even more if this console replaces the 3DS.

Yet, Nintendo will not say this. They did not come and out and say here it is....a console that can play all the 1st party console blockbuster titles that we all know and love....and play those great portable DS games. This console if marketed that way could sell 50-60 million....maybe more.

You get the feeling Nintendo isn't ready to eliminate the hand held yet.

All launch lineups are barren...we all admit that. However, we were supposed to be blown away because Nintendo abandoned the Wii U for at least a year...in some cases longer. That time and the "March" release date was supposed to set everything up for an amazing launch and an amazing first year of games.

What we have are "remastered games that could easily be released right now...yet Nintendo is holding them so its appears that "new" content is coming steadily throughout the year. When is fact Splatoon 2 is hardly a squeal, Mario Kart is a few added features, and no mention of Smash Bros on the Switch.

With the Wii U selling so little, they could have had each of the games mentioned above ready at launch for millions of gamers who didn't bother purchasing a Wii U.

I bet my house Mario leaks into 2018. Nintendo's develop teams are notoriously slow and behind schedule.

This console didn't show one game or one new thing that would make a non-Nintendo fan want to purchase this console. The Switch will once again be a Nintendo fan-boy console and as someone mentioned; that group..which I include myself in are dying.

Sure, I'm getting it for Mario and Zelda alone. But I can't recommend it to other non Nintendo diehards, and the same could be said for the Wii U.

Nintendo doubled down on motion controls; when anyone with a brain could have told Nintendo motion controls are dead.

Once again, big 3rd party titles will not be able to run on the Switch. Oh but what about an 6 year old game called Skyrim????? I guarantee you Fallout 4 cannot run on this console.

Another wasted opportunity by Nintendo to make a more powerful console that would have excited 3rd party developers. I will gladly eat crow if this console sales more than 25 million. Look at the data....this failure won't kill Nintendo because they have billions of dollars. But how can you honestly say they have a chance for this console to be a success; unless Nintendo openly admits to killing off the DS and making the Switch their only console.

Wii Sales- 13 million
Wii Sales- 101 million
Gamecube sales- 21 million
Nintendo 64 sales- 32 million
Super NES- 49 million
NES- 61 million

That's called a trend folks....the Wii was a fluke and no one bought any games for it. 80% played Wii Sports for a year and stopped.

I don't usually see eye-to-eye with a NY Giants fan, but, you sir echo my sentiments almost 100%.   

A someone who works in marketing BTW, I found that Switch launch trailer a bit crummy.  My biggest problems with the Switch have already been addressed so I'll just use bullet points below for easy reading for everyone else piggy-backing on your post if you don't mind.  
  • Too expensive to not have a real controller or even ANY pack-in game.  The joy-con controller things look kind of dumb in my opinion and I cannot see myself using them ever so I need the ludicrously expensive $70 controller ($60 is too much for the PS4/XB1 too!)...why is this not packed in?  No game, fine.  But not having a controller for what they are peddling as a home console is suspect at best.  I happen to love the pro controller for the Wii U and would probably love this one even more since it has the XBOX analog stick layout which everyone knows is superior.     I do not like handhelds any more due to my arthritis in my hands so the joy-cons won't be much use for me.  
  • Which is it Nintendo, a home console or a handheld?  Make up your god damned mind and pick ONE.  I vote this be marketed as a handheld and kill off the 3DS.  I like how well the Switch tablet looks but as a home console, meh.  
  • No wireless headset capability native?  FAIL!
  • So it has Mario and Zelda and some miscellaneous remakes...what the hell else does it have or will it have?  A turn-based RPG from Squeenix?  (Note: I do like a few of the titles annouced, but, only enough to count on one hand with at least 1 finger unaccounted for)
  • I love Skyrim, hell I own 6 different copies of it multi-platform, but I cannot imagine it will run smooth enough on the Switch to warrant buying my 7th copy.  Hardware won't be that powerful which is disappointing.  I was really pulling for Nintendo to properly compete at least with the base PS4 and XBOX One.  
  • Renting one game a month?  While I am not a Sony fan they and Microsoft do their stuff right by offering multiple games every month to either play or own permanently.  I love being able to own XBOX 360 games permanently when they are offered on GWG on XBOX Live.  
  • Even if you only play the annual or popular multi-platform games on your PS4 or XBOX One the Switch still needs to be relevant with much more 3rd party epic games.  

I swear, it is like Nintendo is purposely sabotaging themselves by not at least TRYING to bring in the casual gamer or even trying to intice the PS4 or XBOX One owner to buy in to this.  They are throwing away potential revenue and that is a no-no.  The PS4 and XBOX One are $250 and offer a ton more value out of the box, what's wrong with Nintendo trying to compete at the minimum with a $250 price tag?  

I was a Nintendo die-hard fan from 1984 through 1996 or so, when the N64 came out.  I thought Nintendo made a mistake then to use that dumb controller design and stick with cartridges even with the benefits of no loading time.  It wasn't a bad system hardware wise and there were some good games, but back then it just seemed irrelevant due to lack of 3rd party support compared to the PSX.  So once the next generation came around I thought it would be a good idea to open it up and so I bought a Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, and XBOX in that order.  And you know what?  As great of hardware and controller the GameCube had I just felt it wasn't as good as the other three overall taking in to consideration everything--including not having a DVD drive and media.  The following generation was an easy choice for me.  I had already jumped off the Nintendo train after being disappointed repeatedly and bought an XBOX 360 and only XBOX 360.  I didn't buy a PS3 mainly because Sony was starting to become annoying once they stopped doing backwards compatibility in that generation.  I bought a Wii like everyone and their mother because of the hype.  It was a great thing to have ... for nine months almost exactly.  I still have games I've never even bothered to play after buying them.  Hell everything is back in the original box/plastic/etc and I could almost pass it off as brand new.  Just look at my game totals for each system below from the past few generations and cut them in half (sports games, etc) and you'll get a good representation of what systems are decent (Ignore PS3, don't own the console yet).  

Microsoft XBOX: 65
Microsoft XBOX 360: 195
Microsoft XBOX One: 26
Nintendo 64: 13
Nintendo DS: 36
Nintendo GameCube: 20
Nintendo Wii: 25
Sony PlayStation 1: 111
Sony PlayStation 2: 178
Sony PlayStation 3: 6
Sony PSP: 12

I guess my long winded response will end with, I had strong expectations that Nintendo were finally going to be a true competitor and sadly it appears to be going the route of the Wii U.  Maybe Nintendo will pull a Sony and Microsoft and update the hardware mid-cycle to be competitive along with correct a few mistakes that they are making at launch like the PS4/XB1 had.  I'll hold my final judgement for maybe another calendar year, but after that if I don't see any improvement I'll once again pass on Nintendo this generation.  

Erm, i'm almost positive the attach rate for the Wii was almost as good as the 360, actually, between the Wii, PS3 and 360, they were the most balanced a gen has ever been both in terms of HW and software. The Wii was no slouch even if it ranked third there, the Wii U on the other hand, is something like 10 times worse than Wii in this area. The Wii likely has the most software ever sold for Nintendo, even higher than the DS.

My list of games and hardware i'd like to find
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

My topic for selling and trading games
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:24:16 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I'm pumped about Zelda, but after reading the large post quoted above I can't help but be completely deflated about the Switch itself because I pretty much agree 100%. I still think the portability will help it do better than the Wii U, but it has a lot of glaring issues as mentioned above. IF Mario gets delayed that would be a disaster. The footage looked pretty sparse, although I know it's still a while until the end of the year. 

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Edited: 03/02/2017 at 07:25 AM by Andy_Bogomil

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:33:10 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

I preordered my console and games from Amazon and I'm still waiting for it to say that it shipped and I have yet to be charged for it. It said "expected to ship March 1" and "expected delivery March 3". I really, really hope this ships out on Thursday because I'm counting on it to arrive on Friday. If not then I mean it's not the end of the world but then why am I paying for Amazon Prime if they can't deliver it on time? Anyway, here's hoping it ships tomorrow...
I once preordered Mario Galaxy from Amazon.com for the preorder coin promotion. Not only did Amazon not ship the coin, but my game arrived over two weeks past launch. Some people online were done with the game before I ever got mine. I decided at that moment that while Amazon preorders were great for books and DVDs, I would never preorder a game from there again. Mostly I use Game Stop and occasionally Best Buy. Best Buy it seems has already shipped people's loot including my Pro controller. The rest of it I am picking up at Gamestop's midnight launch party.

Good luck. I hope they ship your stuff in a timely manner.  
Thanks, I certainly hope they do too. This already happened once when I preordered the Last Guardian on PS4. It came a whole week after it was supposed to arrive, which was on release day. I signed up for a month of Prime just for the Prime discount, free shipping and release day delivery for this game and they still didn't deliver it on time, so I am a bit worried that they still haven't charged me and still haven't shipped it. I contacted Amazon customer service after the incident and they really had nothing to say other than "we're sorry". If this happens again, not only will they get an earful from me, but I will probably cease to preorder anything from them. I only chose Amazon for my preorder this time because it was the only place I could get a preorder. It was gone from everywhere else when I checked and I just happened to look at the exact right timeon Amazon's page.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:13:11 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I didn't get a notification about it, but as of this morning I see my Amazon order is now in "Shipping now" status and it says it should arrive tomorrow. I was getting worried for a bit but I won't feel great about it until it actually ships.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:15:57 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Amazon has gotten a lot better with shipping on time the last few years.

Im still holding out for a Christmas miracle that my stuff arrives tomorrow.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:19:56 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: empire

Amazon has gotten a lot better with shipping on time the last few years.

Im still holding out for a Christmas miracle that my stuff arrives tomorrow.
Same here. I have Switch and Bomberman pre ordered from Amazon and Breath of the WIld Master edition and Pro Controller pre ordered from Gamestop since i missed em on Amazon so here's hoping they all show at once!   Amazon shows shipped and arriving by 8pm tomorrow. 

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:24:46 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Well both my Best Buy order for the Pro Controller and my Amazon order of the console and games just shipped and money was taken out of my account! I can finally breathe again!  

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:35:38 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia

Well both my Best Buy order for the Pro Controller and my Amazon order of the console and games just shipped and money was taken out of my account! I can finally breathe again!  

You can finally relax your bumhole now.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:20:51 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Anyone with a gamestop order have their shipped yet?

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:26:30 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Nope. Still sitting. Haven't even been charged yet. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:13:48 PM
TuSecsy (14)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
my zelda/pro controller order from gamestop shipped out monday for friday delivery, charged then too. don't have a system w/ them though.

p.s. if you dont see this as a runaway success at this point, akin to the wii, there are 2 options.

1.  you're completely blind with your head in the sand
2.  you're jealous cuz you missed the preorder and its sold out everywhere

zelda already rating one of the best games of all time, just wait until kart/splatoon/mario and all the indies start dropping.  going forward there will be 2 systems worth owning, pc & switch.  xbox and ps exclusives are a joke and they feel like ancient relics at this point, nice DVD player!

Edited: 03/02/2017 at 04:17 PM by TuSecsy

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:35:52 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
About the bitter tasting game cards:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/1...

Update (March 2): In a statement emailed to Polygon, a Nintendo representative confirmed the theory that Switch cartridges are coated in a material that's meant to dissuade people from putting the units in their mouths.

"A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card," the spokesperson said, adding that Nintendo recommends keeping Switch cartridges away from children "to avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion." The representative also noted that denatonium benzoate is non-toxic.

So what is denatonium benzoate, anyway? We did some research.

Denatonium is the most bitter chemical compound known to humanity. It is widely used as an aversive agent, an additive that discourages ingestion by making a substance taste so bad that you'll immediately want to spit it out.

DENATONIUM BENZOATE IS ABOUT 1,000 TIMES MORE BITTER THAN QUININE
Here's how an episode of Chemistry World's Chemistry in its Element podcast described denatonium: "If you have something that may be consumed but shouldn't be, you add some denatonium benzoate and even small quantities of it will put people off."

Aversive agents are often added to products that are poisonous to humans, like antifreeze, paint and household solvents, to discourage consumption. Denatonium is commonly used to denature ethyl alcohol -- that's where it gets its name -- so it cannot be used as drinking alcohol. It is also used in special kinds of nail polish, to prevent people from biting their nails.

If you find quinine disgusting, denatonium benzoate is about 1,000 times more bitter, according to Chemistry World. That means that just a tiny amount is necessary for this purpose. Denatonium benzoate concentrations of only 20-50 parts per million -- that's 0.002 percent to 0.005 percent -- get the job done as an aversive agent, according to a 1992 report from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:40:08 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia

Why the hell are people tasting the cartridges? Whats wrong with people? http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/14784140/nintendo-switch-car...

“A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card,” the spokesperson said, adding that Nintendo recommends keeping Switch cartridges away from children “to avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion.” The representative also noted that denatonium benzoate is non-toxic.

So they add a chemical to dissuade children from putting it in their mouths and choking on it. That does not explain the adult fascination with the taste. Also why has this not been dne with SD cards? I'm also curious as to the substance solubility in rubbing alcohol. It would be an easy way to remove it.

Nintendo has probably had at least a few reports over the years of children swallowing DS cards, so this would be their response.

Edited: 03/02/2017 at 04:40 PM by Ichinisan

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:58:30 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

Mine was shipped a few hours ago, but the payment is still on hold/pending. Have tracking number showing it is in transit.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:08:21 PM
meta-mark (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Skorp

Mine was shipped a few hours ago, but the payment is still on hold/pending. Have tracking number showing it is in transit.

I just got the update that my pro controller from GameStop shipped. Expected delivery, March 6th  

Good thing I bought everything else from Amazon and Best Buy

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:16:44 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Mine was finally shipped too

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:28:53 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States

Mine was finally shipped too
Same here. 3/6. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:29:58 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

"A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card," the spokesperson said, adding that Nintendo recommends keeping Switch cartridges away from children "to avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion." The representative also noted that denatonium benzoate is non-toxic.

Nintendo has probably had at least a few reports over the years of children swallowing DS cards, so this would be their response.

children are more likely to be playing with game cards than SD cards. I think it makes sense. As for adults giving it a taste, curiosity is a bitch

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:34:00 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Bert

Originally posted by: Ichinisan

children are more likely to be playing with game cards than SD cards. I think it makes sense. As for adults giving it a taste, curiosity is a bitch

Its so stupid! Cuz now its like a thing! They made it taste bad, quick, everyone go shove em in your mouth!

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:40:45 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
It won't be long until some dip shit actually swallows one lol

I've been thinking of opening up a new switch thread just for actual console discussion since this one is from a few months ago and has gotten pretty bloated-any objections?

www.videogamesage.com...

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:42:00 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

It won't be long until some dip shit actually swallows one lol

I've been thinking of opening up a new switch thread just for actual console discussion since this one is from a few months ago and has gotten pretty bloated-any objections?

Make a switch collectors thread like the Wii U one!