Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

(HDMI Battle) GBA Consolizer vs EON's Gamecube Adapter (W/GBA Player) Has anyone seen a side by side comparison?

Jul 13 at 5:36:02 PM
Otraotaku (31)
(Otra The Otaku) < Lolo Lord >
Indiana
Has anyone by chance seen the output comparison between the two of these devices? I have an EON adapter and im curious if Its worth the Upgrade. All of the videos on Youtube compare it to composite or the RETRON 5 (Bleh!   )

EON Is Launching A Successor To Its Popular GameCube HD ...

-------------------------
Looking for "Cart Only" BOUNTYS! Please feel free to PM with offers & add+ Shipping!
Pocky & Rocky 2 $200,  Pocky Rocky 1 $75, Bronkie The Bronchiasaurus $125, Space MegaForce $125, Super Turrican 2 $100, Zero: Kamakazi Squirrel $115

Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Want List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 16 at 2:40:30 PM
acp (1)

< Little Mac >
Alabama
I don't own one of the Gamecube HDMI solutions, but I'm willing to bet the Consolizer will no doubt be the best way to play Gameboy games. That image is so sharp.

Jul 16 at 2:53:43 PM
ginoscope (20)
(Gino R.) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
I have the eon adapter mark 2 that I use with component cables into my crt. I really like how it looks and I tried the hdmi once and it was nice. I thought about getting the consolizer but it seemed redundant since I already have the gamecube with the gameboy player.

Jul 16 at 3:07:14 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
The GameCube player has noticeable input lag when used with the default game player disc. I'm by no means a videophile and it drove me crazy.

The workaround is to use 3rd party software, which requires a special memory adapter plugged in the memory card slot. Making it work well with the GameCube isn't an integrated solution. The gameboy consolizer looks like a seamless solution

Jul 16 at 3:09:46 PM
ginoscope (20)
(Gino R.) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: phart010

The GameCube player has noticeable input lag when used with the default game player disc. I'm by no means a videophile and it drove me crazy.

The workaround is to use 3rd party software, which requires a special memory adapter plugged in the memory card slot. Making it work well with the GameCube isn't an integrated solution. The gameboy consolizer looks like a seamless solution
You are correct the default software for the gameboy player is horrible.  I use the gameboy interface with the sd card memory card and it is night and day from the official disc.  

Jul 16 at 7:30:33 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Is the consolizer even out yet?

Jul 17 at 2:01:07 AM
MegaMan52 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
I don't have the EON Adapter, but I do have the GameCube's Component cable (I believe both have basically the same picture quality). Perhaps it's different on other TV's/devices, but I haven't gotten any lag when using the GameCube and Game Boy Player on my HDTV. Picture quality, even for original Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, is generally good as long as the screen is not zoomed in on the Game Boy Player's menu or stretched by pressing the L Button.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMan52/

Jul 17 at 3:17:08 PM
phart010 (8)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: MegaMan52

I don't have the EON Adapter, but I do have the GameCube's Component cable (I believe both have basically the same picture quality). Perhaps it's different on other TV's/devices, but I haven't gotten any lag when using the GameCube and Game Boy Player on my HDTV. Picture quality, even for original Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, is generally good as long as the screen is not zoomed in on the Game Boy Player's menu or stretched by pressing the L Button.
The lag is definitely there even if your on a crt. I realized it when I thought my skills were getting rusty and then found that I am actually still good when playing on a gba

Jul 18 at 9:48:33 AM
MegaMan52 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: phart010

Originally posted by: MegaMan52

The lag is definitely there even if your on a crt. I realized it when I thought my skills were getting rusty and then found that I am actually still good when playing on a gba

I've been using the Game Boy Player since 2004 and haven't had any major issues, regardless of TV, type of hookup cable, or controller. I play about as well as when I'm using an original Game Boy and Game Boy Advance SP.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaMan52/

Edited: 07/18/2019 at 09:48 AM by MegaMan52