Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

....Losers Weepers

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:31:41 PM
DragonmasterDan (41)
(Dan Bailey) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Not quite to the same level as a story about Stadium Events or NWC. But I once found Golden Axe Warrior for Master system CIB for 16.00, brought it up and was told it was mispriced and was 30.00. I now regret not buying it, even at the higher price.

-------------------------

My Licensed NES collection. Now at 100%
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...
677/677

My TurboGrafx HuCard Collection at 100%
94/94

My US Virtual Boy CIB Collection at 100%
14/14

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:36:54 PM
Chevys4ever650 (378)
(Pete ) < Kraid Killer >
California
2 years ago there was this craiglists post.
Someone listed 100 nes games 90 with boxes and booklets,asking 100. ( no list of games, no telling which ones they were )
Not evening thinking of making a offer i call him up and im on my way to buy,he lives less then 5 miles away from me.
On my way to buy them and i get a call from him saying his son hurt his knee and he had to leave to the hospital.
Right away i get the vibe he is lying but i didnt want to be rude and he tells me he will call me back once he gets back.
About a hour later i have jjamessnnessness call him up to see if he still has it.
Dude tells james oh i just sold it for 150 sorry.
MF! i was mad as hell for about 2 days. i would have still paid that maybe more but the dude felt like lying instead of making more money

Edited: 02/09/2011 at 08:37 PM by Chevys4ever650

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:09:53 PM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio
A local Craig's list post from a few days ago reads, "Cleaned out my closet and found a few of my old nintendo games there are Kung Fu. Super Mario bros. Stadium events. And donkey kong. That's all I found so far just looking for a quick 10 bucks. Thanks" I was too late. If you got my $10 SE don't tell me. I will hate you for ever.

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:29:54 PM
CompleteSNES (164)
(I'm Naked) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I responded to an ad on craigslist a year ago. It was for 100 snes games no dupes for $200. I called the guy and he read off the titles for me. There were tons of crap games, but many amazing games such as Castlevania Dracula X, Mega Man 7, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, and several $20-$30 games. I told him I would come get them now. He said I would have to wait until the morning but he would give me a call when he woke up. At noon I called him and he said "oh, some lady just came and bought them all." I wish I knew his address so I could burn his house down. Or at least egg it.

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:42:19 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Xerxes

A local Craig's list post from a few days ago reads, "Cleaned out my closet and found a few of my old nintendo games there are Kung Fu. Super Mario bros. Stadium events. And donkey kong. That's all I found so far just looking for a quick 10 bucks. Thanks" I was too late. If you got my $10 SE don't tell me. I will hate you for ever.

don't worry, there was no stadium events. dude is just trolling the other collectors in the area.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:51:36 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
looking through these reminded of an auction i won two summers ago: vice project doom complete for $6.24 shipped. i never got it nor even heard anything from the seller. i looked through the history and saw another feedback or 2 about the guy not responding after an auction ended. I searched his name and city and from whatever I found I decided the dude got busted for drug possession and was in jail, hence he could not send my game.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:31:27 PM
Eb69 (83)
(Danny Buckles) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee

That was most likely a troll post. So really doubt you missed out on anything.

Who is this PPG punk and why is his initials on every 3rd cart I find!?!

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:29:55 PM
atarumoroboshi18 (4)

(Master Lecher) < Little Mac >
Washington
I can imagine someone putting specific words in their Craigslist posts that force other to look at it. Like putting the words such as "Stadium", "events", "world", "championship" and peppering their Craigslist ad with them so that when people do a search, yours come up. Don't put the words together but do something like, "Blah blah blah game is amazing, each town has a different stadium and multiple events that earn you points so that you can win the championship and become king of the world. Brought to you by Nintendo."

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:06:36 AM
KevInCal (5)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Kevin Christensen) < Meka Chicken >
California
i have done many dozens of craigslist deals and basically all of them have worked out well. Not this last time... Guy was selling a big lot of gaming stuff from the 90's including nes, snes systems games yada yada. I did the math and figured I could make $300 profit after selling the stuff on ebay for a couple months. He was asking 300 and I offered 260 which he accepted. He lived an hour and a half away or else I would have paid the full 300. I told him how far I lived and told him I never flake and we agreed on a set time the next day.

So the next day im making the drive and about 40 minutes into the drive I get a call, its him and I figure hes just making sure im still coming...

phone rings . me = "Hello"

he says: are you the guy i talked to about the video games yesterday?

"ya?"

oh cus someone just came and bought them..

3 second pause "DUDE... im. on. my WAY right now!"

ya thats why I called

"DUDE, remember i live an hour and a half away?! YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED EARLIER!!!"

so i wasted 10 dollars in gas and 5 dollar bridge toll and over an hour of my time and risked a speeding ticket cus the damn highway patrol are out in force lately... what an asshole. i was going to be right on time too, not late at all...

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.

Edited: 02/15/2011 at 04:05 AM by KevInCal

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:54:49 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: KevInCal

i have done many dozens of craigslist deals and basically all of them have worked out well. Not this last time... Guy was selling a big lot of gaming stuff from the 90's including nes, snes systems games yada yada. I did the math and figured I could make $400 profit after selling the stuff on ebay for a couple months. He was asking 300 and I offered 260 which he accepted. He lived an hour and a half away or else I would have paid the full 300. I told him how far I lived and told him I never flake and we agreed on a set time the next day.

So the next day im making the drive and about 40 minutes into the drive I get a call, its him and I figure hes just making sure im still coming...

phone rings . me = "Hello"

he says: are you the guy i talked to about the video games yesterday?

"ya?"

oh cus someone just came and bought them..

3 second pause "DUDE... im. on. my WAY right now!"

ya thats why I called

"DUDE, remember i live an hour and a half away?! YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED EARLIER!!!"

so i wasted 10 dollars in gas and 5 dollar bridge toll and over an hour of my time and risked a speeding ticket cus the damn highway patrol are out in force lately... what an asshole. i was going to be right on time too, not late at all...

lol similiar scenario for me.  A huge lot in oklahoma with like 47 N64 systems few of them boxed. One grape system CIB. a few nes's, snes, 100 SNES games, half boxed. All for 300. I call the guy. Set up the time and take off work the next day cause i told him id give him 350. He said call him when i left the next day. He said another guy wanted it but since id give him more he would sell it to me the next day. That night he texts me back and says nevermind a guy is loading it up as we speak. I was like WTF...i took off work already and you said it was mine. He said the guy just showed up and didnt call till he was at his driveway. He drove an hour so he cant tell him no. I WAS LIKE WHAT??? You tell him you sold it, and he should have called before he left. That lot was a steal.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:25:08 PM
Max Velocity (38)
< Kraid Killer >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: laserman81

I have the best/worst Losers Weepers ever. Look up NWC on Wikipedia and note the last sale. In September 2009 I lived in Wichita, KS. I traveled quite a bit with my job so I frequently searched CL outside of my local area. One afternoon I was browsing and ended up on Minneapolis CL. I did my usual "Nintendo" search and found a garage sale ad. You all know the kind of ad I am talking about. This was an ad for a 4 family garage sale with the usual 10 paragraphs in 1 run-on sentence. After I managed to make my way through the ad I came upon the 3 words we all want to see, Nintendo World Championship buried in this horrible mess.The ad also said there were lots of video games so I casually messaged the ad's author and asked about the NWC cart. I asked if the person that had the cart would sell it before the garage sale started (about 1 week in the future if my memory is correct) and after several runaround emails I told the poster I could actually pick the cart up the morning of the garage sale and I was told they would go next door in the morning and "save" the cart for me. I had the next day off (the day of the garage sale)and had to be in KC the day after that. So, like any hardcore NES fan/collector, I left the afternoon before the sale was to begin and headed to Minneapolis, only a 10 hour drive, why not? I arrived in town about 9:00 PM and decided to drive by the sale address. There was no activity and nothing special about the house so I went to my hotel room about 1 mile away. I could not sleep all night knowing what I was about to discover in the morning. Well morning came and I arrived at the address at about 7:00 AM. The ad said they would open at 8:00 AM and NO EARLY BIRDS but I could not help myself. When the first garage opened, I was right there and the first person to browse. The guy actually had a shitload of NES/SNES/SEGA/... games so I casually asked about the NWC cart. He said, "Oh yeah, that game. My neighbor had that and some guys came by last night and offered $20 just to look through her stuff and she let them. One guy found the game and gave her $2000 cash for it, I saw the money and could not believe it." I stood there in shock and horror and as I broke down and told the guy why I was there. He told me he had no clue any NES game was worth that amount even though his garage was full of games from every system and he had a 1-UP mushroom tattoo on his wrist.I was amazed and horrified at the same time so I did what any of us would do, search the rest of the sale and try to salvage the trip. I managed to find about $300 worth of good games for $80 so the trip was not completely wasted. If any of you here were the lucky bastard that sniped me, I would love to know. I will FOE you, poke needles in your voodoo doll and curse your name forever. Just kidding, congratulations on your awesome find if you are on here. I really would like to know if someone on here got this so I can congratulate you and discuss this fateful night, you sorry bastard!!!

Broke down as in admitting why you were there, or broke down sobbing uncontrollably? Cause could imagine that happening! hehehe.... Seriously though that sucks so bad. But you have to admit it was an awesome snipe. At least we know it has a good home in a hardcore NES collector's room somewhere. A day to forever remember and curse.

SNES - 660

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:12:47 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
The only thing I did was reveal why I was there. It would have been a very embarrassing moment of I had cried being that I am 6'2" and 250 pounds.

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:58:30 PM
firebrand (45)
(Alex ) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee

I would've cried.

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:42:25 PM
KevInCal (5)
(Kevin Christensen) < Meka Chicken >
California
well just had to post this here. Had me cracking up.

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:00:21 PM
removed04092017 (0)
< Bowser >
Other
If I knew there was a NWC 10 hours away and the person had no idea, I'd of started driving, go there, gave them $200 for the lot and left. Why tell them anything? Frickk.... sorry to hear it though. Ever find out who it was? Maybe next time, though. And as for the stadium events, I'd bet on that one somebody was fooled, be happy it wasn't you!

Edited: 02/15/2011 at 11:01 PM by removed04092017

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:08:40 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: 3GenGames

If I knew there was a NWC 10 hours away and the person had no idea, I'd of started driving, go there, gave them $200 for the lot and left. Why tell them anything? Frickk.... sorry to hear it though. Ever find out who it was? Maybe next time, though. And as for the stadium events, I'd bet on that one somebody was fooled, be happy it wasn't you!

The only person I talked to was the neighbor of the person that had the NWC. Oddly enough, this guy had a ton of video games for sale too as this was a multi-family (4 house) garage sale. When I realized the treasure I had been there to buy was gone, I searched through his stash of games so the trip would not be a total loss. I still have not found out who got it but I am sure they are on here laughing their ass off.....sorry bastard.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:24:57 PM
genesisdon't (66)
(Omicron Theta) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
About three years ago, I arrived at the Swap Shop late on a Thursday. I normally park on the east side and work my way to the west. The entire east side was full(the owner at times eff with the location of the vendors and the parking).On the norm I would wait a bit to get a space , but this day I decided to park on the west side... and work my way to the east. I found a couple of things along the way. Then i got to a regular vendor that I knew. I see a couple of playstation titles (Parasite eve resident evil and said ok things are starting to look good. She said all the games were 10 bucks. As I started to do my El cheapo scowl, I see the gynormous cloth shopping bag filled to the rim (like Brim) with all the hot buttered, cheese slathered, rained on by bacon playstation shit! Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle ,Final fantasy VII(all the hot Square shit!), Valkyrie Profile,all the hot Capcom games/fighters action games(Strider 2, all the Mega Men, and Tronbone included) bust a groove 1 and 2, Parappa and Un Jammer Lammy all the Working Designs shit! all the Atlus Shit, all the Enix shit (yall know I don't normally curse so you know I am hurting); basically every Playstation one game of decent and crazy value was in the bag )! I go... "Mami! Whats up with these games!" She said The guy already paid her 150.00 for it and is going to get the other $50 bucks from the atm! I felt like crap! Had I got my ass there early like I originally intended to, The bounty would have been mine. The up side was on Sunday of the same week when I scored a complete Neo Geo Aes with an extra joystick 6 games a cib Dreamcast with all the fighting ish (games complete) and a complete loose Saturn (with a smidge of fighting goodies)for $70 bucks! (Sorry guys! I know this is losers weepers, but I had to mention that to re-etch the memory of loosing out on that vanglorious Playstation haul out of my head!). Oh yeah! everything mint : ( !!!!!!

Edited: 02/18/2011 at 01:27 PM by genesisdon't

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:16:25 PM
uiengineer (220)
(jeff .) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: genesisdon't

About three years ago, I arrived at the Swap Shop late on a Thursday. I normally park on the east side and work my way to the west. The entire east side was full(the owner at times eff with the location of the vendors and the parking).On the norm I would wait a bit to get a space , but this day I decided to park on the west side... and work my way to the east. I found a couple of things along the way. Then i got to a regular vendor that I knew. I see a couple of playstation titles (Parasite eve resident evil and said ok things are starting to look good. She said all the games were 10 bucks. As I started to do my El cheapo scowl, I see the gynormous cloth shopping bag filled to the rim (like Brim) with all the hot buttered, cheese slathered, rained on by bacon playstation shit! Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle ,Final fantasy VII(all the hot Square shit!), Valkyrie Profile,all the hot Capcom games/fighters action games(Strider 2, all the Mega Men, and Tronbone included) bust a groove 1 and 2, Parappa and Un Jammer Lammy all the Working Designs shit! all the Atlus Shit, all the Enix shit (yall know I don't normally curse so you know I am hurting); basically every Playstation one game of decent and crazy value was in the bag )! I go... "Mami! Whats up with these games!" She said The guy already paid her 150.00 for it and is going to get the other $50 bucks from the atm! I felt like crap! Had I got my ass there early like I originally intended to, The bounty would have been mine. The up side was on Sunday of the same week when I scored a complete Neo Geo Aes with an extra joystick 6 games a cib Dreamcast with all the fighting ish (games complete) and a complete loose Saturn (with a smidge of fighting goodies)for $70 bucks! (Sorry guys! I know this is losers weepers, but I had to mention that to re-etch the memory of loosing out on that vanglorious Playstation haul out of my head!). Oh yeah! everything mint : ( !!!!!!

that is an epic loss.  not to gloat, but i got a lot similar to that off of CL for $125.  i posted it in the finders keepers section if you want to see a picture of all the games.

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:55:48 AM
Spazilton (2)

(Christopher Hamilton) < Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Back in 2003 I lost out on an ebay auction on a NES Proto Earthbound by 1 bid at the last second. Someone sniped my sniping

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:19:50 PM
Derek (57)
(Derek S) < Little Mac >
Ontario

Cherry Coke.

Edited: 02/24/2011 at 05:24 PM by Derek

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:26:49 PM
Derek (57)
(Derek S) < Little Mac >
Ontario
That's a wild story about NWC. One day I hope just to see it in person...

Cherry Coke.

Edited: 02/24/2011 at 05:27 PM by Derek

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:16:29 PM
Jono1874 (22)
(Mega Man) < Meka Chicken >
California
A couple months back I saw a Craigslist ad for a $30 boxed Toploader. I called the guy immediately. He wanted to do the transaction outside the local shopping center. I agreed and when the time came I went to the spot we had designated. When I got there, I called him up and was told that he was on his way, and that it would take twenty minutes for him to arrive. so I waited, and waited....and waited...and waited. after about and hour and a half I called him and asked where he was. He mentioned that rather than sell it to me, he was gonna sell it on eBay for much more and hung up on me. Prick.

Another time I noticed a garage sale on the way to taking this girl to breakfast. I made a note of it and went on my way. later that morning I returned to the garage sale and asked it they had any "old school nintendo games". The guy goes "yeah I just sold a whole box full of Sega, and Nintendo games about 40 minutes ago".  Out of curiosity I asked the guy about the boxes size. He gestures indicating that the box was medium sized,  probably big enough to fit a 24" TV in it. He sold it for $10.

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Jono...

Edited: 02/25/2011 at 12:25 PM by Jono1874

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:41:35 PM
nesman (82)
(Ima Nesman) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Saw an ad this week for 200 Nintendo Powers mags from 1988-2002. Price=FREE. I emailed 3 hours after it was posted. They were already gone.

Always looking for NES boxes and manuals.  I have boxes and manuals to trade.  I will also trade my extra games for your NES boxes and manuals.  Shoot me a message!

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:51:51 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
@laserman81: That guy actually had another garage sale last summer. He lives about a mile from me. He told me the story about the NWC. He still had a bunch of random video game stuff he was selling, but he wanted top $$ for everything.

Supposedly he had another NWC that he was going to sell, but he wouldn't show it to anyone. He was only going to take everyone's name and e-mail that was interested and contact everyone at the end of the weekend.

I went there 3 different times to see if he would give any better deals on what he had and try to get him to prove he actually had another NWC. No dice, and he never contacted me. I think it was BS and he figured since I asked so many questions I would see through it.

Anyway, sucks that you missed out on the first one!

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:01:23 PM
shipwrekd (192)
(charlie brown) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
almost sounds like a way to get a bunch of people to his sale

Don't worry about my grammer I have a redneck waiver...
I never find nuttin'