Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Mario Kart it's 7 vs 1

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:27:47 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I thought Mario Kart Wii had some cheap AI. The AI in the original Super Mario Kart is ridiculous. There is basically one rival that is guaranteed to come in at least second place every race, and the other six karts are just there to cockblock you so the rival can win. They do nothing but drive slowly right in front of you, with no regards for their own performance.

I'm currently trying to get the gold on 100cc star cup.

It looks like the rival is determined at the start of each race. In one game, Yoshi was clearly my rival, being on my ass the entire time I was in first. I managed to get a red shell, so I dropped to second place on the final lap and blasted him, dropping him to fourth while I took first, essentially taking him out of the running. The next race, Yoshi was just a drone, while Mario took his place riding my ass the entire race.

-------------------------
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Edited: 09/03/2011 at 01:33 PM by Zing

Sep 3, 2011 at 2:13:59 PM
JawKnee (10)
(Johnnie Barton) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Brunswick
yah I play as yoshy , and I get luigi on my ass the whole time , and he gets star after star after star even when its been more then 3/4 of a lap since the pick up and he already used a star , the game can be and is cheap , I agree

Sep 3, 2011 at 2:33:42 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
I used to try and knock back whoever was in second after the first race to get the person in third to become my 'rival'. I always hated how they speed up after you finish the race as I always tried to get the biggest time gap between first and second...if you watch the map after you win all of a sudden they jump up to super mega hyper terror speed.

Sep 3, 2011 at 6:37:55 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Can't say I ever had that 7on1 problem. The one that cheats by far worse than any is the DS one on 150cc. Puts AI in 1st 2sec ahead, you in 2nd, and all of the characters behind and #1 all only beat on you, don't even use the blue shell unless somehow you can eek out front. The SNES one they beat on each other, it's not all against you. You are right though that each driver has a rival cart that is set and you battle them more than anything for first.

Sep 3, 2011 at 11:52:51 PM
tekfox212800 (37)
(Stephen Pierson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
The one thing about that always seems to happen to me is that Luigi gets infinite star mode, and mario ALWAYS has a shell.

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:04:58 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Usually when I play Koopa and DK Jr. ride my ass the whole time. I play as Mario. This game rules, I'm gonna go play now.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Sep 4, 2011 at 7:42:13 AM
Berserker (41)
(< • • ll Andrew O. ll • • >) < Kraid Killer >
New Hampshire
Super Mario Kart isn't that bad.
Get first place in the Mario Kart 64 track Toad's Turnpike in Mirror Mode. THEN you're a man.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:36:30 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
^That's considered hard?

Try winning a race in Mario Kart Wii. Now THAT is hard. But not a good hard, that game is just plain unfair with it's rubber-banding.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:45:13 PM
Cabanon (53)
(Louis Duquet) < Lolo Lord >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Berserker

Super Mario Kart isn't that bad.
Get first place in the Mario Kart 64 track Toad's Turnpike in Mirror Mode. THEN you're a man.

dude, that was easy back then lol. today, not so much. i have not played MK64 in a huge while, it would take forever to re-learn everything.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:05:01 PM
Zing (23)
Ontario
I have a 1 star rank in Mario Kart Wii.

I have been playing Super Mario Kart for the past few days and I have improved quite a bit. I an working on 150cc now. It is easy to come in second place, but hard to get the gold. The final scores are ridiculous. The top two players have 30+ and third place is sitting with 10 or less.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:48:31 AM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
(Richard Smith) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
Go for God Mode: Play F-Zero on Gamecube on the hardest difficulty, beat it, and then level up and gain the ability to come in 1st on any track in any racing game ever. At least, that's how I hear it works.

I need the following Xbox games CIB preferred, pm me and I'll throw money at you!
Stubbs the Zombie, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Psychonauts, Sniperelite, Conker Live and Reloaded, Madden '09, Barbie Horse Adventures

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:04:17 PM
Zing (23)
Ontario
My skills have vastly improved in the past two days. I can now get gold in 150cc. I haven't attempted special cup yet, but the others are relatively easy now.