Maryland
I think gamevalue has them around 1500 or something

-------------------------

May 25 at 5:35:54 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Dang that is beautiful. @v@

I'm seeing it hit anywhere from 1200 to 1500... but seeing that it's that good of condition, you shouldn't have to worry about the least amount.

I love the term "Dead Mint", might have to borrow that term. lol  

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

May 27 at 3:32:15 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Well, personally I'd contact WATA and see if they'd grade it. I don't think they are doing GB sized boxes yet but they've mention making exceptions to special items. Even at $1,500 or more in value, I don't know if they'd call this exceptional, but if you wanted to send it to Heritage they might. I think it's good PR for them and good profit for you.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

May 27 at 4:35:36 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: rlh

Well, personally I'd contact WATA and see if they'd grade it. I don't think they are doing GB sized boxes yet but they've mention making exceptions to special items. Even at $1,500 or more in value, I don't know if they'd call this exceptional, but if you wanted to send it to Heritage they might. I think it's good PR for them and good profit for you.

Wata is doing gameboy boxes now 

May 28 at 8:28:08 PM
50 Cent (33)
(Curtis Jackson) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec

Wow, I never thought about it actually, even because it's not a sealed copy. What is WATA exactly, all I knew and saw around with the years is VGA https://cgagrading.com/videogamegrader/

So you think there is an audience for a graded already opened copy?

Thanks for the feedback btw, that's much appreciated!

Edited: 05/28/2019 at 08:28 PM by 50 Cent

May 28 at 11:10:56 PM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
ya don't take any low offers. this should go for top dollar. Personally I think WATA or better CGA should be reserved for sealed. this should be enjoyed.

May 28 at 11:31:02 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Archangel3090

ya don't take any low offers. this should go for top dollar. Personally I think WATA or better CGA should be reserved for sealed. this should be enjoyed.

Yeah, I pretty much think the same here but since I'm looking for money at the moment if it can make some extra bucks I might consider the options. But I personnally never saw any interest in possessing a game I can't play tbh

May 29 at 12:15:26 AM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
Originally posted by: 50 Cent

Yeah, I pretty much think the same here but since I'm looking for money at the moment if it can make some extra bucks I might consider the options. But I personnally never saw any interest in possessing a game I can't play tbh

Ya always seemed ridiculous to me. Only reason i ever buy sealed is to open and have minty

May 29 at 2:12:57 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

Good point about not slabbing it but in this condition and the price he’s gonna want I’m sure this person isn’t buying his copy to play let’s be realistic. Cib is more then double the cart price. 

May 29 at 7:40:26 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Def send this to WATA

May 29 at 2:20:49 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec
Thanks for all the infos guys much appreciated! I will look into WATA

May 29 at 2:45:04 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec
You guys have any idea what kind of increase value I can get by grading it?

May 29 at 3:28:36 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

If it comes back a 9.4 or 9.6 its hard to say. Setting a baseline here but you would need to market it to the right collector.

May 29 at 3:33:02 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

If it comes back a 9.4 or 9.6 its hard to say. Setting a baseline here but you would need to market it to the right collector.

Yeah my main concern is: would it have an interest for it? I mean, I don't want to sit on it for 5 years before I sell it because it's a graded copy and not a loose CIB. And also if it will worth the extra bucks, If it's only a $200 more, I'd prefer sell it as it is right now.

May 30 at 6:48:51 AM
Friendsfa26 (0)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Netherlands
personally, i'd sell it as is......
you'd most likely have more people wanting to buy it,
if you get it graded, it's only going to please the lovers of graded games,
and even though i'm not one of them, i could totally see those people only/mainly being interested in sealed games,
not loose graded CIB copies with opened shrinkwrap still around the box.

Collection as of april 29th 2018

- NES Sealed Games Total: 2
- NES NIB/CIB Games Total: 28
- NES Loose Carts Total: 139/366 (incl. label differences)
- NES Manuals Total: 66
- Game Boy Loose Carts Total: 27

May 30 at 8:09:00 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

Yeah my main concern is: would it have an interest for it? I mean, I don't want to sit on it for 5 years before I sell it because it's a graded copy and not a loose CIB. And also if it will worth the extra bucks, If it's only a $200 more, I'd prefer sell it as it is right now.

Sell as is. Wata is awesome but as you said only so many people(me included) would want to grade a Cib copy. But I’m sure whoever buys this will grade it regardless. So it becomes a point will it go for that much more? It’s obviously gem mint. I have one that’s got a single slight flaw I wanna grade but I’m not because it supposedly has a backstory I wanna confirm! 

May 30 at 11:08:44 AM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
The reason why I say get it graded is because with WATA, they'll grade it, put a label on it with a details of all the contents, verify it and when a CIB, rare title is in exceptional state, that grade validates the legitimate quality of the item. I could easily going in the 9.5+ range from the photos you've shown. Getting a CIB game isn't graded, IMHO, if it's a little bit rough (even if still considered in excellent shape.) WATA should be reserved for sealed games or top-condition CIBs. This looks like it's one of the best for an open game.

If I wanted to sell it, I'd have it graded. You may also want to shoot them an email and ask them how do you get an item in a Heritage auction. That could help too.

May 30 at 2:37:38 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec

The reason why I say get it graded is because with WATA, they'll grade it, put a label on it with a details of all the contents, verify it and when a CIB, rare title is in exceptional state, that grade validates the legitimate quality of the item. I could easily going in the 9.5+ range from the photos you've shown. Getting a CIB game isn't graded, IMHO, if it's a little bit rough (even if still considered in excellent shape.) WATA should be reserved for sealed games or top-condition CIBs. This looks like it's one of the best for an open game.

If I wanted to sell it, I'd have it graded. You may also want to shoot them an email and ask them how do you get an item in a Heritage auction. That could help too.

Interesting infos here, thanks for the detailed answer. One question, what is the Heritage auction exactly?

May 30 at 2:42:13 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec
Originally posted by: romiked2689

Sell as is. Wata is awesome but as you said only so many people(me included) would want to grade a Cib copy. But I’m sure whoever buys this will grade it regardless. So it becomes a point will it go for that much more? It’s obviously gem mint. I have one that’s got a single slight flaw I wanna grade but I’m not because it supposedly has a backstory I wanna confirm! 

Originally posted by: Friendsfa26

personally, i'd sell it as is......
you'd most likely have more people wanting to buy it,
if you get it graded, it's only going to please the lovers of graded games,
and even though i'm not one of them, i could totally see those people only/mainly being interested in sealed games,
not loose graded CIB copies with opened shrinkwrap still around the box.

Yeah I'm leaning toward selling it as is as I'm a bit afraid of who would be interested in buying a graded cib copy. Anyway from what rlh said in the previous post seems interesting, I'll consider the options.

May 30 at 5:08:52 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
I've only casually followed the news a out wata about heritage but the simple, tl;dr is that wata is a new grading service that strictly grades games, and is a company that does what they do out of a passion for games.

Recently (past 6 months or so) they worked out a deal where they can get premium titles listed with there service. I honestly don'r know much about Heritage but think eBay with considerably more prestige. Also, I think they schedule auctions, advertise them and then thet head to the auction block but with a shorter time frame-- like a real, live auction. (Ok, so I guess it's less like eBay and more like going to one in person.). Previous game sales through Heritage have done well, I think. I'm honestly not the best to give specifics since I've only casually paid attention to any news related to heritage. That said, premium copies of rare games seem to do better as CIB and graded. You copy seems to fit the bill.

I don't mind being corrected there are some guys on here who deal in graded games. Hopefully our discussion will bump this up enough and they might see it and contribute. People do like CIB games because they can open and touch the materials. That's fine, but IMHO, if that's what you want to do, find a copy in "good" condition and handle it all you want. If a game is in premium shape, though, why pay more for the additional quality if you're just going to touch it, handle it and degrade the condition? Just my perspective and why I recommend getting it graded.

May 30 at 5:28:26 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec

I've only casually followed the news a out wata about heritage but the simple, tl;dr is that wata is a new grading service that strictly grades games, and is a company that does what they do out of a passion for games.

Recently (past 6 months or so) they worked out a deal where they can get premium titles listed with there service. I honestly don'r know much about Heritage but think eBay with considerably more prestige. Also, I think they schedule auctions, advertise them and then thet head to the auction block but with a shorter time frame-- like a real, live auction. (Ok, so I guess it's less like eBay and more like going to one in person.). Previous game sales through Heritage have done well, I think. I'm honestly not the best to give specifics since I've only casually paid attention to any news related to heritage. That said, premium copies of rare games seem to do better as CIB and graded. You copy seems to fit the bill.

I don't mind being corrected there are some guys on here who deal in graded games. Hopefully our discussion will bump this up enough and they might see it and contribute. People do like CIB games because they can open and touch the materials. That's fine, but IMHO, if that's what you want to do, find a copy in "good" condition and handle it all you want. If a game is in premium shape, though, why pay more for the additional quality if you're just going to touch it, handle it and degrade the condition? Just my perspective and why I recommend getting it graded.

Thank you so much for the detailed infos here that help a lot, I will definitely contact WATA and consider the options. Thanks!

Jun 03 at 6:52:09 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

didnt want to quote all the pics but wanted to pass along a recent ended auction
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-...

Edited: 06/03/2019 at 07:01 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Jun 03 at 12:04:21 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ hot damn

Jun 03 at 8:01:59 PM
50 Cent (33)
Quebec

didnt want to quote all the pics but wanted to pass along a recent ended auction
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shantae-...

Thanks there but my question was more about a graded copy, not a loose CIB