Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Double-Barreled Games sales thread Super Back to the Future II LE info!

LOCKED TOPIC

May 13, 2012 at 11:50:52 PM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
(Dan Gillette) < Crack Trooper >
Wisconsin
Website Launched

My webstore has officially launched!  It's still a little rough around the edges, and I need to get better photos and descriptions for all of the items, but it is fully functional and ready to take orders!  As a special bonus for all NA members I have a coupon code for you all.  Just enter "NintendoAge10" when you check out for 10% off all NES reproductions! 

You can even pre-order Super Back to the Future II through the store!  Hope to see you all there!

http://www.doublebarreledgames.com

Intro

Okay everyone, the time has finaly come to open up shop!  I am now taking orders for NES reproductions and custom commisions.  Below you will find a list of the carts that I currently have artwork for.  I'll add new stuff to the list as fast as my artist can have them made up.  Please send requests for what you'd like to see next!  I want to meet the needs of the community as best as I can.  If you don't care about artwork, or plan to use your own then I can make you pretty much anything right now!  All reproductions are made to order, if I have the proper donor cart and any extra required hardware turnaround time should only be a day or two.  If I need to special order anything to complete your order then it will depend on how fast my suppliers can get me the parts needed.  It is usually a week or less.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

All cartridges and pins are professionally cleaned and while I do use donor carts, no games were harmed in the production of your reproduction.  All original game roms are carefully desoldered and will be included inside of the game cartridge that you receive, allowing for their complete restoration! 

I also do hardware repair and modifications.  I've done pin replacements on the NES, modchip installations, av mods, laser replacements, and misc repairs.  Contact me if you would like to discuss one of these options and I'll see what I can do to get your console back up and running or add new functionality to it.

I take pride in my work, and if you are not satisfied or have any problems with your order I will take care of you.  I do high quality and clean work that I stand behind 100%.

Ordering:

To place an order with me please head on over to www.doublebarreledgames.com..." target="_blank">www.doublebarreledgames.com... and place your order there.  Nintendo Age members can use the coupon "NintendoAge10" to take 10% off of all NES reproductions. 

If you want to use an alternate form of payment please email me at [email protected] and we can work out an arrangement.

Contact Information:

Email: [email protected]
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/DoubleBarreledGa...
Twitter:  @DblBrrldGames

Currently Available NES Reproductions with Artwork (Free Shipping to the US and Canada available):

Super Mario Bros. 2j (The Lost Levels)

Untitled

Earth Bound Zero (available uncensored upon request)

Untitled

Somari

Untitled

Moai-kun

Untitled

Sweet Home

Untitled

Recca

Untitled

Over Horizon

Untitled

Mortal Kombat III

Untitled

Final Fantasy II

Untitled

The Legend of Zelda: Outlands

Untitled

Ys

Untitled

Samurai Pizza Cats

Untitled

The New Ghostbusters 2

Untitled

Currently Pending Artwork:

Limited edition artwork for Super Back to the Future II and others.

Misc. Items for Sale:

I have a few softmodded Wii's available (console only), so if you need a replacement for your broken Wii or you just want a nice softmodded console let me know.  If you want any homebrew apps or whatnot preinstalled pm me and we can discuss details.

I have one that is in perfect working order, but has some cosmetic scratches and is missing the covers over the gamecube ports/card slots.

I have another unit that looks like it's never been touched and is pristine, but it is not compatible with composite cables (not that you'd want to use them) so you will have to hook it up over component.

If you're interested or have any questions please send me a PM or make me an offer.

Upcoming items:

These are items that are currently being worked on.  They are not ready for sale just yet, but if a particular item strikes your fancy and you want to call dibs or you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

I have a few original Xbox's that are being refurbished, if I can get my hands on an Action Reply I can softmod them as well.

I have an Atari 2600 6-switcher and an Atari 2600 Jr in good working order.  The plan is to mod them both for composite output (rf, yuk), possibly more.  I'd honestly love to restore the old model and put the planned built in speakers in it.  I think that would be an awesome mod!

I have a Sega Saturn in good working order.  It's av port is missing the black insert, but it works fine and I was planning on installing s-video and rca jacks on it anyways.  If there was interest I would gladly install a mod chip in for a modest fee.

I have a Sega Master System with a planned av and s-video mod as well.  It's in good shape and has several games and accessories.  I may keep this one unless there is serious interest, its a pretty neat machine and I don't have one. 

I have several Sega Genesis's (Genesi?) I'm tinkering with as well.  My plan is to swap out the crappy video encoder that Sega used and drop in a high quality replacement to get nice crisp s-video output.  Probably look into an audio mod as well to give crisper cleaner sound.

Preorder information for Super Back to the Future II:

Okay folks it's time to release my first SNES reproduction!  I present to you Super Back to the Future II!

Here's how it's going to work.  I'm going to produce two versions of this game, a regular edition and a limited numbered edition.  The current plan is to produce 15 of the limited edition, which will include an exlusive art label, box, manual, and maybe a poster or other such goodies.  These will all be hand numbered by yours truly and will never be made again (though it is possible I will make anothe special edition in 2015, though it will be different).  Once these are gone I'm destroying all of the files used to create them.  When I say limited I mean limited!  I'm hoping to auction these off (limit one) here on NA, as to be honest, I have no idea how much to ask for one. 

In addion to this edition I am also going to open up preorders for the standard edition.  Preorders will be open for 14 days (until June 13th) and will run $50 a copy (no limit), after which time, assuming that I get enough interest, I will collect payments and place a large order for all of the required components to produce these cartridges.  Once all of the components have arrived I will assemble all of them and once complete ship out all of these orders at once.  After this first batch goes out I will suspend all future shipments of this game for 30 days, so everyone who preorders gets one whole month to rub it in everyone elses face.    (And I get time to recover and judge future demand so I can maintain proper levels of stock).

Below is a list of everyone who is signed up for a pre-order copy.  Please let me know if you want one and I'll add your name to the list.
  1. gwyndion
  2. goldendark007
  3. Lou D
  4. Mr.Nintendo
  5. SamSpade
  6. technicalfoul
  7. Shogun
  8. skapunx
  9. 0xero0
  10. lumberjoof
  11. TheClassicVideoGamer
  12. Mack702
  13. Basil_on_my_Pizza
  14. DeLorean45

Here's a peek at the upcoming LE of Super Back to the Future II.  These aren't final copies, but they are pretty damn near.  I hope you enjoy them!

backtothefuturele2

SBTTF2_DBG

The LE copies of Super Back to the Future II are now available for pre-order on my website!  Hurry over before they're all taken!

-------------------------

Edited: 06/20/2012 at 11:17 PM by Holy Sorcerer

May 14, 2012 at 12:03:06 AM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Recca is an amazing shmup

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

May 14, 2012 at 12:06:07 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: jimpoleshuk

Yes it is!  Over Horizon is fun too.  It's not very difficult, but the weapon edit functions are fun.

May 14, 2012 at 12:11:14 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
Edited OP to indicate that shipping is free.

May 14, 2012 at 12:18:59 AM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
pm sent.

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

May 14, 2012 at 12:29:27 AM
Shogun (53)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
always supporting new repro makers. PM sent.

May 14, 2012 at 12:32:39 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Free bump.

As label artist, I promise to continue my best on some of those labels, which most art will be be exclusive here (like the Super Mario Bros. 2j label for example, everybody just loved it in the other thread. )

So please:

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

May 14, 2012 at 12:35:06 AM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Holy Sorcerer

Originally posted by: jimpoleshuk

Yes it is!  Over Horizon is fun too.  It's not very difficult, but the weapon edit functions are fun.

ya, put me down for an Over Horizon, I'll check on fundage

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

May 14, 2012 at 12:42:46 AM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
what is somari gameplay like ?

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

May 14, 2012 at 12:48:59 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Mr.Nintendo

what is somari gameplay like ?

It's a Sonic clone, so kinda like Sonic.

Here's a video of it in action.

May 14, 2012 at 12:51:17 AM
Shogun (53)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Free bump.

As label artist, I promise to continue my best on some of those labels, which most art will be be exclusive here (like the Super Mario Bros. 2j label for example, everybody just loved it in the other thread. )

So please:

The labels on these are fantastic.

May 14, 2012 at 1:05:18 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
A big thanks to my artist BDL for making me these fantastic labels! I hope you enjoy your copy of SMB2j!

May 14, 2012 at 1:35:57 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
In case anyone was wanting to see my wiring job. Here's a pic.

DSC_0002

May 14, 2012 at 6:19:13 AM
EvilEyeball (24)
(Liam Turner) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia

In case anyone was wanting to see my wiring job. Here's Epic. DSC_0002

FIXED

-- Currently Collecting --
Canadian Loose 24/64
First Party NES Accessories: Need only Hands Free Controller

May 14, 2012 at 8:58:19 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: EvilEyeball

In case anyone was wanting to see my wiring job. Here's Epic. DSC_0002

FIXED

Thank you. 

May 14, 2012 at 10:58:05 AM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Allright. I've been looking foward to seeing what all games you were going to sell. PM sent.

Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.

May 14, 2012 at 11:31:27 AM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
If there are any other game requests please let me know and I'll put in a request for a label to go with it.

May 14, 2012 at 5:00:57 PM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
I'm quite pleased at the response that I've gotten so far. In fact, I have to run out now to get some more supplies. A good problem to have I think.

Thank you everyone!

May 14, 2012 at 5:04:49 PM
GameBoyGeek (48)
(Matthew Ham) < Meka Chicken >
United States
As soon as NEW ghostbusters 2 is ready I'm totally up for one.

May 14, 2012 at 5:30:17 PM
onemeanspleen (83)
(collin ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Those look pretty solid. I look forward to giving you my monies in a few days.

May 14, 2012 at 5:32:14 PM
RetroNESNerd (77)
(Justin S) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
These look great. As soon as I get some cash I will be ordering Sweet Home and Recca and Maybe EB Zero. Splatter House seems to be a popular repro title maybe look into doing a run on that.

May 14, 2012 at 8:48:57 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon

If there are any other game requests please let me know and I'll put in a request for a label to go with it.

How about Samurai Pizza Cats? Moon Crystal is a kick ass game. Or Riki Kunio. Quite possibly the funnest multiplayer game ever created.

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 14, 2012 at 8:58:14 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Good luck on your business

Pm sent

Edited: 05/14/2012 at 08:59 PM by pats1717

May 14, 2012 at 9:33:50 PM
Holy Sorcerer (30)
Wisconsin
I will look into all of those requests. Thanks guys!

Also, super secret edit to OP.

May 14, 2012 at 9:35:03 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: 0xero0

How about Samurai Pizza Cats? Moon Crystal is a kick ass game. Or Riki Kunio. Quite possibly the funnest multiplayer game ever created.
Moon Crystal and Samurai Pizza Cats would be legit.