Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

* Sky Kid * NES Pre-Release Date what is this? Not a Prototype (I don't think) but interesting NES Game

LOCKED TOPIC

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:24:40 PM
MattInParadise (2)

(Matt Lewis) < Crack Trooper >
United States
So this is the last of the really odd NES Games. This version of Sky Kid is dated on the label "July/16/1987" which was a few months before the actual release of the game in the US. If you look at the image of the screen shot I took, it says "TM And 1986 NAMCO...", not sure if this is like a last version that went out to big wigs or what the case was, but I'm wonding if anyone else has or has seen a copy like this. 

I know they did send out promotional copies to Magazines and things like that, but I'm just not too sure. 

The other thing that seems odd about this game is the chips. It looks like they have the UV light window like the other prototype EPROMS have. This might just be ignorance on my end, but I thought I'd bring it up. The text on the board reads: 

"NES-SNROM-02
1987 Nintendo"

From what I read, that means these should be Read Only, not re-programmable. Anyway, I figured I just ask since I know you guys probably all know right off the top of your heads. 

Also curious about this game in general. Rarity, value, all that good stuff. Thanks again for all your help guys and gals. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:01:30 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Hate to disappoint you, but it's also a prototype. Congrats once again! As for pricing, I can go back and see what I paid for my copy of Sky Kid and Blaster Master. Both are somewha common by prototype standards, but I would but their value at around $125 for Sky Kid and $200 or so for Blaster Master.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:02:14 PM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Yup, spot on.

Locking this to move discussion into one thread.

-------------------------