NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Small Scores Thread / Mail Day Arrivals - part 2

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:42:53 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: BazookaJoe

Mail Day! Whoot! Got this one for a smoking deal on the bay! 

Why are you holding the game at knifepoint?  

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:22:07 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Originally posted by: BazookaJoe

Mail Day! Whoot! Got this one for a smoking deal on the bay! 

Why are you holding the game at knifepoint?  

It prevents Shadow man from throwing that skull at me! 

My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:01:35 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Adding another Mail Day! Back to back. I can't complain!

​

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:47:05 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Heard a tip that some Target stores are fire-saling their WiiU titles, so I stopped by the Target near my workplace to check it out. The video game clearance endcap shelves didn't have any WiiU titles, but mixed in among the dozens of excess Madden '17s I pulled out these discounted gems:

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Edited: 12/07/2017 at 01:49 PM by teh lurv

Dec 7, 2017 at 5:42:27 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Quick Mail Day! One of my childhood favorites of all time!

​

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:19:02 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
I ordered 3 games from gamestop the other day and they came today. Contra, rampage, and and ninja garden. Got them in the mail today and everything was fine except the contra was actually contra force, which apparently is a little more expensive than contra, but the bag is labeled contra.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Edited: 12/07/2017 at 06:23 PM by dragonwarrior83

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:42:14 PM
PekoponGB (16)
(Brian ) < El Ripper >
British Columbia

Sword of Mana: I've been interested in this game ever since I recently heard about it, as it's a complete overhaul of the original Game Boy Seiken Densetsu, which if any game needed a complete do-over, it would be that one. Hopefully this version is better than the original.

Mario Kart Super Circuit: Bought this on ebay for a total of $30.00. It originally had stickers all over it, but I was able to clear them off, and got a really nice copy for a low price!   I bought the player's choice copy so the cartridge would have the glossy label rather than the crummy tissue paper labels Nintendo used early in the GBA life cycle.

"Do Not Give Energy to the Life Core!"

Edited: 12/08/2017 at 07:43 PM by PekoponGB

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:40:48 PM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
Picked up this lot today.

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:03:57 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

I ordered 3 games from gamestop the other day and they came today. Contra, rampage, and and ninja garden. Got them in the mail today and everything was fine except the contra was actually contra force, which apparently is a little more expensive than contra, but the bag is labeled contra.

"a little more expensive"

hahahahaha.

Luck is on your side! It's a shame if you were hoping to pop in Contra though. Force is... well, I know some people love it but to me it's a glitchy slowed-down mess.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:00:41 AM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
Georgia
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

"a little more expensive"

hahahahaha.

Luck is on your side! It's a shame if you were hoping to pop in Contra though. Force is... well, I know some people love it but to me it's a glitchy slowed-down mess.

I got one of eBay cheap so no big deal, I could probably not buy another game for the rest of my life and never finish what I already have lol. Now that I know how to throw up pics I'll have to start posting my weekly scores.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:05:10 AM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
Georgia
8 bit xmas 2017, get em while you can

Edited: 12/09/2017 at 07:06 AM by dragonwarrior83

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:46:10 PM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
Picked up this Gameboy for $5 not working, took me a whole 30 seconds to clean the battery contacts and voila its alive.

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
My Trades

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:53:56 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
^^^ Nice pickup! Great price too!

​

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:01:49 PM
Applehead (9)
(Carey Frazier) < Crack Trooper >
South Carolina
Picked up a complete Golden Sun the lost age for $5 at Salvation Army.

Edited: 01/06/2018 at 02:03 PM by Applehead

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:05:25 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Yesterday afternoon I stumbled upon a second SNES Classic while I was shopping at my local Target. It is perfect timing: A friend's birthday is coming up and I remembered her being pretty enthused about the Classic when I mentioned how I found a SNES classic over Black Friday.

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:51:58 PM
StudyHallPanic#@! (6)
(Jason M Hill) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
Picked up a really nice N64 lot off facebook today for $100. What I was expecting:

CIB console with atomic purple controller and the box is super minty and shiny and has most of the baggies. It also came with 5 common games I didn't have plus copies of Smash and Mario Kart 64 that I did have.

My plan was to sell the the Smash, Mario Kart and console for as much as possible to get the console box for cheap or free.

What I wasn't expecting:

The Smash and Mario Kart were super minty and I definitely upgraded.

Ram upgrade inside the system.

Both controllers had OEM memory cards inside.

3 N64 manuals: Smash, Nascar and Mickey Mouse Kart type game.

Randomly inside the box was 2 NES manuals: Spot and Star Trek, both of which I needed and a poster that came with an NES console.

OEM RCA cables for a NES brand new and unopened.

I've already sold the console, Smash and Kart for 90. Essentially I got the minty console box, 5 common games, upgrades to my Smash and Kart, 5 manuals, NES poster and brand new NES RCA cables for $10. Turned out to be a pretty sweet deal. Im still on the fence for selling the NES cables...I have a super minty boxed NES on the way and may use them for that.

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:29:35 PM
Lando452 (9)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
Picked up this SNES lot for $20, some labels are not the best but all games work, Road runner cart back half is broken, but other than that pleased to have found Super Metroid and Mario all-stars

NO CART LEFT BEHIND
My collection.
My Trades

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:56:43 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Thrift store finds from last past week. Local stores have been bone-dry for interesting video game stuff, so I'll take what I can get. I paid about $25 in total. The NHL '98 cart is interesting; the Savers I bought it at dumped about 200 SNES/N64 sports games out on the shelves all at once. I'd like to know the story behind that; were they dumping donations that built up in the warehouse over the past year or did someone just offload a ton of sports games to the store?

Also this week I received my half of a trade I did with Phart010. He threw some vintage Nintendo card packs, thanks man!

Edited: 01/28/2018 at 11:58 AM by teh lurv

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:50:27 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I found a Game.com handheld for $10 mixed in with those edutainment handhelds that clutter up the children's section of my local Savers. Aside from a little battery corrosion, the handheld was like new and had the pack-in cart inserted in it.

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:36:13 AM
Laseki (75)
(mooga moon) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Not really a new grab, but I've had this sealed for years and never really thought about it, apparently it's valuable?

All I do is speedrun Megaman X games honestly.
http://www.twitch.tv/laseki...
https://twitter.com/LasekiSP...
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lase...

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:34:13 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I picked up two boxes I needed today for $20.

Air Fortress and Incredible Crash Dummies. Super excited about both, and to have a local store that has no problem separating CIBs when I don't need the cart or manuals.  

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:08:16 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
I know I am pretty cool  

May the force be with you.

Edited: 03/01/2018 at 09:12 PM by Foochie776

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:22:51 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: Foochie776

I know I am pretty cool  

Easter is coming up too. Better use that kit!

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:27:04 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

I know I am pretty cool  

My fiancee makes the same joke  

May the force be with you.

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:31:35 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Originally posted by: Mega Tank

I know I am pretty cool  

My fiancee makes the same joke  

Send the Easter kit to me and I will mail it back after Easter. Repeat next year.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e