Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Hangtab Burgertime and Spyhunter

Aug 22 at 6:36:53 PM
silentshadow56 (5)

< Tourian Tourist >
I have someone that is looking to sell me a burgertime and spyhunter with hangtab, but informed them that the hangtabs on those boxes could be relatively uncommon and in good consience couldn't make them an offer until I did some due diligence. Attached are pictures so the hangtabs are in great shape without being punched and was just looking for some general advice on what you guys would either be willing to pay to add to your collection or what you generally think they're worth.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Aug 22 at 6:48:27 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
2 threads 1 post

To give more than snark:
I'm sure this came up because there is so much chatter about hang tabs lately. Lots of people jumping in now who think they're hot because they may indicate early print run. So far, they seem mainly focused on the 18 black box titles, whether this will spread beyond that is completely up in the air speculation right now. A total gamble, not predictable. I wouldn't go above what the standard price guides currently say, personally, but I tend to play it safe and cheap.

Aug 22 at 6:54:12 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Originally posted by: gunpei

I wouldn't go above what price guides say, 

Except for superior condition, because those prices are averages. What kind of overage you want to do on that is up to you... some serious collectors go 2x for the right piece in the right condition. I somewhat doubt these games are that kind of right piece, though. 

Aug 22 at 6:54:47 PM
silentshadow56 (5)

< Tourian Tourist >

2 threads 1 post

To give more than snark:
I'm sure this came up because there is so much chatter about hang tabs lately. Lots of people jumping in now who think they're hot because they may indicate early print run. So far, they seem mainly focused on the 18 black box titles, whether this will spread beyond that is completely up in the air speculation right now. A total gamble, not predictable. I wouldn't go above what the standard price guides currently say, personally, but I tend to play it safe and cheap.

Just trying to cover my bases and get an answer

I'm only asking because someone offered to sell them to me and I said in good conscience I couldn't make an offer without first investigating as to whether or not they were of significant value. It wouldn't be fair to pay someone $50 and then sell them for $1,000 right in front of their face

Aug 22 at 7:13:17 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Both of those look like the tab is punched at least partially if not totally.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Aug 22 at 8:04:43 PM
silentshadow56 (5)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Both of those look like the tab is punched at least partially if not totally.

To what extent do you think that would affect the value? 

Aug 22 at 8:15:58 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
It's gonna keep them out of that high end bracket.

I don't know what these currently go for but you should be able to get an idea based on eBay sold items. Of they are nice theyll be above average but they won't be crazy bc of the hangtabs.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Aug 22 at 8:37:33 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Originally posted by: silentshadow56

Just trying to cover my bases and get an answer

I'm only asking because someone offered to sell them to me and I said in good conscience I couldn't make an offer without first investigating as to whether or not they were of significant value. It wouldn't be fair to pay someone $50 and then sell them for $1,000 right in front of their face
No dude, I get it. That’s why I gave my opinion regarding your question. My opinion being no, these two games in particular are not really worth more with hangtab boxes, and will not, with hangtab boxes, significantly increase in value any time soon. 

I read the threads I understood what you’re after. It’s just generally frowned on making the same topic in two different forums, for any reason. JFYI, that’s all. 

Edited: 08/22/2019 at 09:16 PM by gunpei

Aug 23 at 12:03:56 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

2 threads 1 post

To give more than snark:

The black boxes have gone especially crazy, but other games that mainly came without hang tabs, a lot of those prices are way higher then standard as well. Kid icarus had that recent crazy sale as one extreme. But anything that generally doesnt have a hang tab will go for a good deal more if it has an unpunched hang tab.

As far as whether these are punched, I'm on a cell phone and darit's dark, so no clue

Edited: 08/23/2019 at 12:05 AM by NESfiend

Aug 23 at 4:45:43 AM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Burgertime is definitely not an easy HT box to come by. Spy hunter is easier, but still not just run of the mill. I can't see the photos for whatever reason, but if they are nice, I see them going for 100+ each pretty easy. At least, that's where I would start. Realistically, it depends who is currently looking. Both could surprise in an auction given the current market.

Should add, Spyhunter has 2 currently completed ebay listings: shit condition for $70, very good condition for $399.

Burgertime has no active or sold listings.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Aug 23 at 9:09:44 AM
silentshadow56 (5)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Maertens29

Burgertime is definitely not an easy HT box to come by. Spy hunter is easier, but still not just run of the mill. I can't see the photos for whatever reason, but if they are nice, I see them going for 100+ each pretty easy. At least, that's where I would start. Realistically, it depends who is currently looking. Both could surprise in an auction given the current market.

Should add, Spyhunter has 2 currently completed ebay listings: shit condition for $70, very good condition for $399.

Burgertime has no active or sold listings.

I completely missed that sold listing of Spy Hunter and reached out to the seller to see if they were actually paid for it. I may make a deal with the seller to purchase for regular price and put them up for auction. If they sell for anything more than double what I paid them I will split the profit 50/50. With something like this that can be such an unknown I feel like it's a great way for me to hedge my bets so to speak, while also ensuring that I don't rob them blind. Plus, can help give a better idea for the future 

Aug 24 at 4:20:23 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
This may not come across as the "nice" thing to do, but I'm very much of the mentality that you should not spend too much time doing the seller's research for them. On most deals, the longer you wait, the less likely it is to pan out. Plus, when you tell them it's worth more than they thought, a lot of people are going to want more than your offer (an offer that is higher than what they originally would have been happy with).

I get that you're trying to be decent and have good collector karma here, but you could always just buy the games at a price they are happy with and then give them more money later if you want to. Unless we are talking about a good friend where there is a lot of trust involved or people in a community like NA, first priority should just be get the games into your possession imo. Then if you want to pay them more for whatever reason, have at it.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair