Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every N64 Game in a Year? (2013) Thanks for playing - hopefully the 2014 torch-carrier doesn't suck as badly as the 2013 one! - 138/296 (47.0%)

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:10:58 PM
NESticles (10)
(Matt Damon ) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Just beat WCW vs. nWo Revenge

-------------------------
"Where am I? There's no Hulkamaniacs here!!!" - Hulk Hogan in the Dungeon of Doom

Link to my WTB Thread: http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo... Looking for Genesis Games!!

Edited: 08/31/2013 at 04:12 PM by NESticles

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:04:54 PM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
NESticles, it looks like someone got to that game first. 3 Other WCW games are still available.

As for this list, there's so many good games left and this thread has really slowed down.

I have one addition though. I've conquered Cruis'n Exotica:

The other two Cruis'n games went fast. Odd that this one didn't as it's just more of the same.

EDIT: There's a mistake on the list. You have Golden Nugget listed on both the beaten and unbeatable.

Edited: 09/06/2013 at 05:05 PM by cheaterdragon1

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:34:57 PM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Looney Tunes Duck Dodgers is done.

Definitely a fun little platformer. The humour was there just like the show, and it featured many Looney Tunes characters. The graphics, music, and sound effects all looked/sounded great. I would definitely recommend this game to someone looking for another excellent N64 platformer to play.

I completed the main story, got the credits, and have 97% of the atoms. The 3 remaining atoms are on Elmer's ship, which is parked in the hangar of the third level. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do to get them and I can't find anything online that helps. Somebody really needs to write a walkthrough or do a Let's Play of this game or something.

Edit: I did some major dicking around and got the 3 remaining after an hour or so. Those tricky developers... 100% complete game now.

Edited: 09/21/2013 at 10:10 AM by cheaterdragon1

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:05:56 PM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Defeated the story mode of Dual Heroes using Kumo on normal difficulty:

The game was bloody awful, I highly doubt I'll ever play it again.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:57:36 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
^Way to take first place, man!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:33:00 AM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Krunch

^Way to take first place, man!

I would like to be excited about that, but I feel like I'm the only one who still cares about this thread. There was so much interest for the first 2 months and then it all vanished. Still good games left on the list too.

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:18:31 PM
theDru2000 (8)
(Dru Rivas) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
I REALLY have to play my N64...... Darn you recently discovering my old PSP...

I might pick off some of those hidden gems and mediocre ones, since there's a shop near me that has a huge selection of n64 games.

"I can't argue against anything you're saying. But then again, I don't have to, 'cause you're 12 years old. Look, let's face it, you're probably a much more intelligent person than I am. In fact, I guarantee it. But even smart kids stick they're finger in electrical sockets sometimes. It takes time to figure things out. It's been proven by history. All mankind makes mistakes. It's our job to try to protect you from making the dangerous ones, if we can."

Captain Sharp, Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Edited: 10/09/2013 at 09:19 PM by theDru2000

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:51:46 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I beat Battletanx, battletanx global assault, and space invaders over the past few weeks.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:55:03 PM
rokushadows (111)
(J M) < El Ripper >
United States
Surprised this one is still up, but Snowboard Kids is finished.

Get instant notifications for new eBay listings - http://www.auctionalert.io/...

PM me for a free forever account with full site access.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:09:53 AM
y2ross (54)
(A R) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
My girlfriend and I just completed Mario Party 2 a week ago.

"Old video games couldn't be won, they got harder and faster until you died.  Just like real life"

Help me pay for my wedding, check out my FO/FS thread HERE

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:55:10 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Heh, a few good submissions. MP2 is pretty long so extra kudos on that.

Can we beat them all by the end of the year? Probably not! But we can try to get as close as we can...I'll maybe go through the list and play a bit of N64 this week myself.

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:59:30 AM
y2ross (54)
(A R) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: Krunch

Heh, a few good submissions. MP2 is pretty long so extra kudos on that.

I work on the road and am gone for weeks at a time.  She did most of it on her own. She's the bestest!

"Old video games couldn't be won, they got harder and faster until you died.  Just like real life"

Help me pay for my wedding, check out my FO/FS thread HERE

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:03:33 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
You can scratch off WCW Mayhem for me

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:14:20 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
And another two-pointer for the fat man...knock off WWF Attitude for me Better game than I remembered, probably because it pales in comparison to the THQ games, but it's still pretty decent overall.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Dec 26, 2013 at 12:17:29 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Hmm...no wonder progress hasn't been made...almost a month later and no update on the two games I beat...and that's even after I PM'd Krunch...not sure if Krunch plans to do it again, or if someone else is gonna pick it up, but these threads need to stay active if they're going to have a hope of succeeding.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:25:22 PM
dataz722 (58)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Delaware
I would be in for trying to help out next year.

My WTB - mostly N64 stuff

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:44:11 PM
giadrosich (3)
(Brynna Giadrosich) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I wouldn't mind keeping a thread updated if it needs it. I've got the time for it.

N64 Collection: Google DOCS 79/300 Loose Cart N64 Collection

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:01:47 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
The thing with N64 is that there's so many longer games. With the NES, a person could do three or four games (or even more) with minimal effort. Can't really do that too often on the N64 though. Thing is, the more active the thread is in general, the more people will play. Progress reports, asking for help, etc...anything that keeps the thread active. Sometimes people talking about a game will intrigue me enough to try the game out. It's all about keeping it active. I would do it, but my hiatuses every few months makes me a less than ideal candidate (it's why I quit running the NES thread after the first two years). I would say get it prepared for tomorrow night though...if Krunch doesn't start it, feel free to do it yourself

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:03:02 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: dataz722

I would be in for trying to help out next year.

There's no sign ups or anything.  Just post in the thread whenever you beat a game.  Only restriction is that all game progress must be done in the calendar year, starting at midnight NA time on January 1. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:30:35 AM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Hey guys, sorry I have been away from my computer and from NA since mid-Dec and forgot about this thread. Someone else should take the torch for this year, I just don't have the time energy and desire but it has been fun! Like wiz said if the thread is left inactive or without a good leader the games just won't get done.

I guess if anyone wants to take it, make a thread...and I'll be sure to join in with a few subs. I already asked cheaterdragon if he wants it (since he was the most active, and scored the most pts.) but I don't think he wants it.

Whoever makes it, feel free to copy parts of the template I used at your discretion.