Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Welcome to YOUR New Servers! Thank you everyone for making this happen!

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:07:02 PM
blarky (37)
(b0rk b0rk) < Lolo Lord >
Texas

Am I the only one here who is not happy with the speed? I seem to always be waiting on nintendoagemedia.com to load the images. Sorry not hating, just giving my opinion.

edit- also right now nintendoage.com seems to be /really/ slow.

-------------------------

Edited: 03/29/2011 at 11:08 PM by blarky

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:11:28 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
I promise you're not the only one, I bet Dain is working on it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:48:07 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I noticed it was slow too, but I figured it was just usually maintenance. Figure it will take a week or two before everything is perfect...

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:28:43 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Dain

... We'll also be tuning the engine the site runs on as well as the connectivity to our database to ensure a lickity-split experience. This will take a few weeks, so please be patient...

Tuning takes time guys, please be patient. The *only* way to tune is under heavy load, so it literally takes some slowness to create speed -- hope that makes sense.

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:55:01 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia

... We'll also be tuning the engine the site runs on as well as the connectivity to our database to ensure a lickity-split experience. This will take a few weeks, so please be patient...

Tuning takes time guys, please be patient. The *only* way to tune is under heavy load, so it literally takes some slowness to create speed -- hope that makes sense.

Put a count-down timer above the forums ending midday.  Guaranteed to cause a heavy load!

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:30:14 AM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
^Pi Crew representin'! I'm surprised you didn't have flaming bags of shit on your doorway after that one.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:15:11 AM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: wjc132

Also check and make sure its not something as simple as you have that stuff disabled.
Go to > My Home > Profile > Forum Settings and make sure Block user signatures and Block user avatars are set to No. Maybe they got set to yes somehow.

Nope, that didn't work.  Neither did switching on compatibility view.  It's just not avatars and sigs.  The formatting is all screwed up as well.  Right now the Reply and Preview buttons are hardly visible for me.  I can't be the only one having this issue.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:36:44 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
This sounds like your browser has loaded the new CSS files. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:58:52 PM
likestoplayinpuddles (61)
(DKing DRules) < Meka Chicken >
United States
i'm not having issues w slow loading or anything like that. i got an issue w older and new posts being limited to characters. mainly lists get chopped off by at least 50% - 75% of what they were. while the formatting conforms to the post editing the font in signatures to the post itself n not the signature. i dont know how else to explain what i have experienced. this only happened within the last 10 hours.

i.e. if u look at the link in my sign. there was a significant amount more of text in both the sale / trade / wanted posts. which are posts 1 n 2. i tried to paste the text back in but it just doesn't save like it was formatted before i hit the save button.

should i just create a new thread?

i reposted my lists here.

Edited: 03/31/2011 at 02:00 AM by likestoplayinpuddles

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:05:03 PM
Zachary Watts (2)

(Zachary Watts) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
Getting a done but with errors on page notification on the site now when I scroll over it that says JavaScript void. Is this a known problem with the site right now are is it something on my end. This is preventing me from being able to update my collection.

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:34:35 AM
ImmortalGreat1 (30)

< Crack Trooper >
Canada

Awesome update. Everything is running smooth.

One thing I noticed, though, is that the emoticons are going down one line every time you use them. So, if I use them on this line, they'll somehow show up one line below. At least that's what is happening in private messages, and I've noticed it with many users.

Edited: 04/04/2011 at 08:36 AM by ImmortalGreat1

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:52:53 PM
Max Velocity (38)
< Kraid Killer >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: ImmortalGreat1

One thing I noticed, though, is that the emoticons are going down one line every time you use them. So, if I use them on this line, they'll somehow show up one line below. At least that's what is happening in private messages, and I've noticed it with many users.

X2. I also noticed this about the emoticons.

SNES - 660

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:15:12 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: likestoplayinpuddles

i'm not having issues w slow loading or anything like that. i got an issue w older and new posts being limited to characters. mainly lists get chopped off by at least 50% - 75% of what they were. while the formatting conforms to the post editing the font in signatures to the post itself n not the signature. i dont know how else to explain what i have experienced. this only happened within the last 10 hours.

i.e. if u look at the link in my sign. there was a significant amount more of text in both the sale / trade / wanted posts. which are posts 1 n 2. i tried to paste the text back in but it just doesn't save like it was formatted before i hit the save button.

should i just create a new thread?

i reposted my lists here.

This should be resolved now -- PM me directly if you notice this anywhere else.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:17:16 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Zachary Watts

Getting a done but with errors on page notification on the site now when I scroll over it that says JavaScript void. Is this a known problem with the site right now are is it something on my end. This is preventing me from being able to update my collection.

I was able to page through your collections -- can you PM the exact page so I can troubleshoot further?

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:27:48 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: ImmortalGreat1

I think this should be fixed now.