Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

my continued postal rant priority mail

May 4, 2007 at 12:36:47 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I dont mind when I pay for shipping and it shows up within 2 or 3 days and it was mailed by parcel or any other form of shipping. Thing that is starting to get me upset is the auctions that charge for priority mail then take a week to mail item out. If you dont mail out right away is there any point to priority mail..Im getting sick of items showing up 2 weeks after payment with so called priority mail. Last couple items I won could of arrived by horse and buggy faster than I got it..What got me on this rant is I won something from Ohio which the town is only a hundred miles away or less and package hasnt arrived paid Over the weekend. I mailed a game out to Cananda Monday and they got it today. grrrrrr

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

May 4, 2007 at 12:48:04 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
I know exactly what you mean man. I can't stand it when people do that, or when you have to remind them 10 times that you haven't received your package yet before they finally remember to send it out.

By the way, where are you from? I'm in Akron, Ohio, and I visit Youngstown often.

May 4, 2007 at 2:47:14 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
All too common, my friends. I especially hate (in addition to what you have described above) and on top of that when you do get it, it comes in a plain unpadded envelope with three or more games all piled up on top of each other! For the price paid, you should get at least a bubble mailer (or even a box) and some padding in between the games! I recieved a package with four games piled up, the envelope torn, and a piece of the game broken off and presumably exiting the hole in the envelope!

May 4, 2007 at 3:53:25 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Scary how familiar that last post is... I have 3 negatives on eBay all from people I bought NES items from who mailed them in plain envelopes with no padding and the games of course got destroyed and when I asked for refund I got negative bombed!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 4, 2007 at 6:16:11 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I can't stand it when you purchase Priority Mail, they wait a week to ship, then they ship Media Mail. Takes a month to get your items.

In fact, this just happened to me. I'm supposed to be receiving 2 CIB games of which I still need the boxes (Swamp Thing and Cool World) from the same seller. It's been a month now, and she just emailed me indicating the package was returned. Apparently, she sent them media mail and they were "denied" due to what was in the package (it was inspected). So now, by the time she sends them Parcel, It will have been close to 1.5 months. Why not just send Parcel and be done with it? The difference in shipping from her location to mine couldn't be more than $1, and considering I paid almost $40 for those two games, it's stupid to send them that way even from a seller's standpoint (if they get destroyed, a SNAD claim gets filed, and you lose).

-Dain

May 4, 2007 at 8:18:11 AM
BootGod (16)
(Mark Lacey) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Apparently, she sent them media mail and they were "denied" due to what was in the package (it was inspected)

A little off-topic, but are NES games not considered eligible for media mail? I've never seen anywhere specifically saying you can't and I receive games like that all the time.

May 4, 2007 at 8:29:38 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
They aren't eligible for media mail according to postal guidelines. It is books, books on tape, cd, cassettes, DVD, VHS, sheet music or magazines with no advertisement (if it has ads it isn't allowed to be sent media). I became friends with a lady at my post office and she would let me send anything I wanted medai for a while and saved me hundreds of $$$ when I was selling alot. From my experience media usually isn't that much slower than parcel. I often times had it arrive to the buyer in 3-4 days tops. But if they inspect a package and it has games, they will indeed send it back to you and you will have to pay shipping prices again.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

May 4, 2007 at 8:37:53 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
At least you guys have the option for media mail!

May 4, 2007 at 11:05:50 AM
michiganfan2 (123)
(Mike Pitsch) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
I was told that any games that were CD based were OK by media mail, but that anything cartridge based were not allowed. I also had one person tell me that magizines were OK for Media Mail but the next time I went in the Postmaster informend that magazines were "bound printed matter" and were not OK for Media Mail. Kinda confusing.

May 4, 2007 at 12:14:53 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
At my post office they encourage me to ship them Media Mail if it's cheaper, but most of the time first class is cheaper.

May 4, 2007 at 1:47:52 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
It depends on what post office you ask. I have heard many post offices tell me that video game cartridges are OK to ship media mail, but others say that they are not allowed. The way I see it, cartridges are DEFINITELY a legitimate media format, and should be accepted for media mail.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

May 4, 2007 at 2:17:35 PM
udisi (88)
< King Solomon >
United States
I really don't have a big problem with people shipping priority a week late. Most ebayers don't do it for a job and can only make the postoffice on the weekend or on a set schedule. As long as when it gets sent priority I'm cool.

I get pissed when I pay for priority and get parcel post or media mail. That to me is false advertising. I don't care if you charge $10 for priority mail. I know you'll make a few bucks on it and can take that into my bid consideration. If I pay $10 for priority though and get it parcel post, I'm pissed. I also am not a big fan of media mail. It's the ony USPS servive I've had take weeks. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not.

The envelope thing also pisses me off. If the seller dosen't usually sell games, I'm a little bit more forgiving, but anyone who sells games, knows better. I sometimes may use a bubble envelope on a single CD game, but most of the time I send in a priority box. Priority box with DC for a single game is usually only 4.55-5.85 and that's well within most people's stated shipping.

May 4, 2007 at 5:34:57 PM
BootGod (16)
(Mark Lacey) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: burnambill333

It depends on what post office you ask. I have heard many post offices tell me that video game cartridges are OK to ship media mail, but others say that they are not allowed. The way I see it, cartridges are DEFINITELY a legitimate media format, and should be accepted for media mail.

My thoughts exactly!