Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

e-Zine: August price guide

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:17:39 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Please use this space to share your thoughts!

-------------------------

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:33:14 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Did anyone else notice that he constantly changes the order of the Donkey Kongs and the placement of RBI Baseballs/RC Pro-Ams? Why must he make it hard on me?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:51:20 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Dan, you have a bit of an error...Big Nose Freaks Out (non-Aladdin) is the rare one...Big Nose the Caveman is the common one...at least that's what the 50-to-1 ratio I get when I'm out game hunting tells me...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:53:45 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Kevin - it's final now. When I generalized the naming across the whole list, it changed the order of the excel auto-alpha. All three of my separate files that I use to compile this had a different order, and some of the prices were seriously out of whack.

Wiz: I did have the correct game in mind - BNtC wasn't an A in his guide. BNFO apparently used to be a rare in Etler's time, at least regionally to him, in fact many of Camerica's later releases were until that factory sealed find with all of the Aladdins. There were a ton of BNFO's uncovered and they're still appearing on eBay much more routinely. I'm showing 25 in the last three months, mostly sealed, but also in various stages of CIB, and I'm sure there are a ton more waiting in the wings. Compare to the 4-6 we see of some CD/BG games. Keep in mind, my guide is using entirely eBay data.