NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

European Gamers Question

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:42:38 PM
8bitdre (2)
(Dre Lite) < Crack Trooper >
Denmark
Hey Hey!

I started collecting NES games again recently and was wondering, when watching Game Chasers, Flea Market Madness and so on, it seems that retro games are thrown at the American collectors left, right and center! (I know bigger country, more games). But is this the case in the rest of the world (spec. Europe) or is it like here in Denmark, where you can pay retail or over price on domestic websites and wonder the streets finding nothing, nada, zip! Over the past three months, going to Flea markets, charity/goodwill shops and so on, I have found a NES game only once!

Good luck finding your games!

-------------------------
Interested in cheap NES games (NTSC exclusives) - Not interested in high priced postage to europe.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:53:02 AM
samaron (38)
(Frank Erik Togstad) < Eggplant Wizard >
Norway
Unfortunatley, there isn't a big marked for these things in Europe. I experience the same problem here in Norway. There are no flea markeds here, so the only place I can look is in second hand shops. Usually they don't take older computers and games in simply because no one buys it. The best way I get great deals (usually free of charge) is to spread the word around that I'm interested in it. I've gotten a lot of cool and rare stuff that way. As mentioned, I usually get it for free, and I get the same answer every time: "I didn't think anyone would want these old things".

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:00:00 PM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
There is a huge market over here. I collect my stuff from flea markets, pawn shops, retro game fairs, 2nd hand sites like craiglist etc etc. But maybe it`s bacause it`s so crowded over here woth people?

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:42:47 PM
DuarteDF (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Portugal
I had the same problem back in Portugal and now it's the same since I'm living in Sweden. You have to be really lucky to find stuff in the wild. I bought 99% of my collection online...

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:28:26 PM
8bitdre (2)
Denmark
Originally posted by: samaron

Unfortunatley, there isn't a big marked for these things in Europe. I experience the same problem here in Norway. There are no flea markeds here, so the only place I can look is in second hand shops. Usually they don't take older computers and games in simply because no one buys it. The best way I get great deals (usually free of charge) is to spread the word around that I'm interested in it. I've gotten a lot of cool and rare stuff that way. As mentioned, I usually get it for free, and I get the same answer every time: "I didn't think anyone would want these old things".

You know, it never crossed my mind to ask around?! I've been going it alone for too long! Facebook status Update coming up!

Cheers!

Interested in cheap NES games (NTSC exclusives) - Not interested in high priced postage to europe.

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:29:45 PM
8bitdre (2)
Denmark
Originally posted by: Dennis

There is a huge market over here. I collect my stuff from flea markets, pawn shops, retro game fairs, 2nd hand sites like craiglist etc etc. But maybe it`s bacause it`s so crowded over here woth people?

Lucky dude! I'll have to remember that next time im in Amsterdam!

Cheers!

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:31:12 PM
8bitdre (2)
Denmark
Originally posted by: DuarteDF

I had the same problem back in Portugal and now it's the same since I'm living in Sweden. You have to be really lucky to find stuff in the wild. I bought 99% of my collection online...

It's the scandinavien cross we must Bear!

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:54:10 PM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: 8bitdre

Originally posted by: Dennis

Lucky dude! I'll have to remember that next time im in Amsterdam!

Cheers!

Well Amsterdam flea markets can be good but you have to be there super early because of there are many capers around   Over here there`s flea markets every weekend all over the country. Most of the time it`s common or fair stuff but sometimes it`s jackpot. Also people cleaning out their attic can be a real treat

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:11:15 PM
8bitdre (2)
Denmark
Asked around at work, and one guy told me he had the system and some games at his parents house, he will bring Them back next time hé visits!
Score!
Thanks for the tip!
Its always the most obvious answer!

Cheers!

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:38:37 AM
J.B.H (5)
(Jonatan Bjerke Hermansson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
You need lots of patience friend to find something in the "wild" in scandinavia.
I recently found a lot of 14 CIB SCN games in Denmark so i drove from Sweden all the way to Nakskov to pick them up. But it was worth it. Some of the games where Jetsons, Bucky O' Hare, Lion King etc. and i only paid about 300 Euro for everything.

Just have patience and check sites like DBA (denblaavis) which is the Danish version of Craigslist and keep searching fleamarkets etc.
I wish you good luck with your gamechasing!

Edited: 09/16/2012 at 10:39 AM by J.B.H

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:30:14 AM
8bitdre (2)
Denmark
Originally posted by: J.B-Sweden

You need lots of patience friend to find something in the "wild" in scandinavia.
I recently found a lot of 14 CIB SCN games in Denmark so i drove from Sweden all the way to Nakskov to pick them up. But it was worth it. Some of the games where Jetsons, Bucky O' Hare, Lion King etc. and i only paid about 300 Euro for everything.

Just have patience and check sites like DBA (denblaavis) which is the Danish version of Craigslist and keep searching fleamarkets etc.
I wish you good luck with your gamechasing!

Don't you worry, they are checked, frequently, however fast swedish s.o.b's always get there before, and im left with overpriced scraps!
Now that your not to far away, if you get any doubles (carts, complete or manual) give a holla! Im always up for a good deal! 
Just keep me in mind! Tak

Cheers!