NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

FS: HOT SLOTS NES 100% Authentic SUPER RARE One of the rarest NES games

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 14 at 9:02:39 AM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
There's nothing wrong with pointing out very questionable details about the listing. If anything, it is a service to potential interested parties in the community to be aware of these and be cautious rather than potentially making a mistake.

Oct 14 at 9:10:50 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
the higher the price tag the higher the scrutiny. I'm not going to jump on because he's been appropriately blasted - BUT assuming this is legit and the dude just did the best he could and it's not up to NA standards - what do you all recommend he do?

I'd recommend set up a new eBay listing with photos of the cart with a paper including his username/date (for both Ebay listing and for the concurrent private listing here).

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Oct 14 at 9:15:43 AM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
I don't think pointing out things that are concerning are a bad thing either. It's a $1,200 game, that's a lot of money and trust to put into a video game. But there are better ways to go about voicing your concerns than what Luther has done. I'm glad people asked about the hidden screw and getting the board out because honestly I didn't know there was a 5th screw. Also, yeah maybe the background differences weren't the best choice, but straight up claiming that those photos "are not mine" and that they're photos from something else is not the same as having a concern. And then all of the "his friend's game" comments are exactly why I didn't even want to originally post this saying it was a friend of mine selling the game. People jump to conclusions without actually asking questions.

Oct 14 at 9:19:25 AM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
It's worth noting, 4 pictures (which have huge issues, as pointed out) and 0 description for $1200 is sketchy as fuck looking. Looks like you googled images and threw it on eBay hoping to scam someone. That's what your listing *looks* like.

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Edited: 10/14/2019 at 09:19 AM by Maertens29

Oct 14 at 9:24:24 AM
Barewooley (12)

< Crack Trooper >
If you were taking 4 pictures of an item to list, they would have the same background. I doubt you'll produce what other members are asking. You're defensive because you got caught.

Oct 14 at 9:27:18 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Rashy Skins

I don't think pointing out things that are concerning are a bad thing either. It's a $1,200 game, that's a lot of money and trust to put into a video game. But there are better ways to go about voicing your concerns than what Luther has done. I'm glad people asked about the hidden screw and getting the board out because honestly I didn't know there was a 5th screw. Also, yeah maybe the background differences weren't the best choice, but straight up claiming that those photos "are not mine" and that they're photos from something else is not the same as having a concern. And then all of the "his friend's game" comments are exactly why I didn't even want to originally post this saying it was a friend of mine selling the game. People jump to conclusions without actually asking questions.
That's because 9 times out of 10 high $$ listings with this many red flags are bogus.  The responsibility is on the seller to prove their item and sale is legit, and in this case the seller didn't do an adequate job of that. 

Oct 14 at 10:17:08 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Rashy Skins

I'm glad people asked about the hidden screw and getting the board out because honestly I didn't know there was a 5th screw. 
You didn't know about the screw under the label, but your friend for some reason told you how he got the board out before you made this thread?

Oct 14 at 10:25:02 AM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I interpreted that he asked the question about the screw based on the feedback here and was informed of the methodology. He does say he told his friend to change the listing condition.

Oct 14 at 10:43:54 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Rashy - you gotta take some ownership and lighten up on the "criticism". You're vouching for your friend, have you actually held the game, tested it, seen the board?

Understand you are throwing up a FS item of 4-digits with some questionable pictures and story - then getting hella defensive over legit concerns.

I'm sure there would be a ton of interest on here - I agree it would be best to work with your friend to take fresh pics with your username on a piece of paper with a date or something.

Oct 14 at 10:47:12 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

I interpreted that he asked the question about the screw based on the feedback here and was informed of the methodology. 
Doner24 asked the question, and two minutes later the OP responded. Unless the friend was in the room (in which case, why not just say "hey, I got the owner right here with me, ask him anything"), I find it highly unlikely he got the answer that fast.

Oct 14 at 11:23:39 AM
Sxsgaming (5)

< Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
The fact there's only 4 pictures and 2 of them are of a different background is an instant red flag for me as a buyer. They should at least be all on the same background, with the date and username, and at minimum for a 4 digit price, pics of the board on the same background, and the cart running on a top loader.

Oct 14 at 11:50:08 AM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Let's stop beating around the bush. Everyone knew this was fake as soon as we saw 100% authentic in the title. L@@K! Sooper R@R3$$$!!!

Oct 14 at 12:16:14 PM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
I can confirm that the board can be removed & replaced without removing the screw beneath the label. Op just upload new pictures with date, same background and call it a day.

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Oct 14 at 2:07:43 PM
spacedragon (4)

< Crack Trooper >
France
I wouldn't buy a game that likely had its data integrity challenged due to not covering the EPROMs. Especially not at this price.

Oct 14 at 4:08:16 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Yeah I honestly don't care anymore so I'm just going to drop it. I think he's gonna post new pics tonight but I clean my hands of this. If you're interested just buy it on Ebay.

Oct 14 at 7:33:38 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
I'll be making a new FS post with updated photos