Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Big Nose & the Witchdoctor continued from the homepage

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:07:49 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I just want to be the first person to publicly thank Basil. This is very cool of you man. You could have easily sold it and made a killing, but you took the hit and released it. The community owes you a big thanks and some mad repsect. Very cool, thanks a bunch.

I am going to give it a play right now.
~~NGD

-------------------------
Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:27:51 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
I will second that NGD,and this just made my Powerpack that much better.That is super cool of you to put the nes commuinty before your pocket book,we need more people like you in this world.Thanks again-NOFRIENDO

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:27:13 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Thanks guys. It's not the best demo in the world (what with only one playable level) but it does have an interesting title screen and an attract mode that never made it into the final version of the game. The cool thing is that the game is actually listed under this title in some older buy/sell price lists in magazine ads and whatnot, so finding this cart means one more mystery solved.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:27:37 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I didn't even know this existed. Very cool.

What do you have to do, just collect the bones to finish the level?

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:27:52 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have been playing this on and off all day. Found a few glitches like this one were you get stuck in the wall and can't get out.
~~NGD
http://i184.photobucket.com/al...lGameDepot/Bignose.jpg

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:06:51 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
BNFO was my first "find" of anything remotely scarce in the wild, and it remains one of my favorite games for the system. It pushes the hardware (it's an 8-bit Sonic clone, cmon guys!) and has a great theme.

So needless to say, I must change my shorts now.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:32:24 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: burnambill333

I didn't even know this existed. Very cool.

What do you have to do, just collect the bones to finish the level?

I've found 25 bones in total, but no way of exiting the level or moving on. If you can find a 26th bone or a way to move on to a different level, you'll be forging a new path on your own.

And if anyone here has the requisite skills, dig into that ROM file and let me know what you find.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:43:40 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I found 22 before I got stuck into a wall. I will try again later.
~~NGD

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:00:37 PM
BootGod (16)
(Mark Lacey) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Awesome Morbius! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you!

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:48:07 PM
Bratwurst (79)
(Meat Meister) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Basil is a super swell guy, waaay back on another Nintendo forum he gave me an NES cart just for hosting his avatar icon for him, which I wasn't expecting anything in return for.

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:30:19 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
You've done us a great service, Basil. Thanks .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:26:07 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Yeah, well, I still remain one of only 2 people who have played the actual cart (well, 3 if bunnyboy played it). Seriously though Basil, I'm glad you finally got it dumped. Now where can I find the ROM man?

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:28:28 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Err, nevermind, just went to the front page (I link directly to the forum most times).

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:37:08 AM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
Holy crap, released the same day I post a Big Nose article over at NES WORLD, what a coincidence? :-)

http://www.nesworld.com/bignose_exposed.htm

Thanks!

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Edited: 08/11/2007 at 05:37 AM by nesworld

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:26:10 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Wicked read there Martin, although I'm pretty sure Basil found the Big Nose and the Witch Doctor proto much earlier than 2003...

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:04:22 PM
Widar (22)
(Mattias Widar) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
Very, very cool. Thanks! Downloaded the rom and gave it a try. are there no sound?

Need help getting that awesome Euro stuff from Tradera.com? Just ask!

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:35:50 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Nope. They hadn't programmed it yet. The proto was from VERY early in development.

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:14:02 AM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Woah freakin sweet, im gonna have to give this a run as well. Very cool Basil Thanks!

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:39:20 AM
ShadowHacker (3)
(Jordin Johanson) < Crack Trooper >
Alberta
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Yeah, well, I still remain one of only 2 people who have played the actual cart (well, 3 if bunnyboy played it). Seriously though Basil, I'm glad you finally got it dumped. Now where can I find the ROM man?

What about the people who bought it before hand? Or the crew at codemasters?

Chatroom Quotes:
Nesboy43: bwild22 just to let you know i peed on your post when i opened it up on my computer

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:00:39 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
What, you mean the guy that bought a bunch of crap at Liquidation World to sell at the flea market? I doubt he bothered to play it. If he had, he might not have sold it for $5 As for the development team, I didn't think about that. Anyway, you know what I meant shithead

Aug 21, 2007 at 10:29:01 PM
ShadowHacker (3)
(Jordin Johanson) < Crack Trooper >
Alberta
You wanna know something, your words: They hurt.

Chatroom Quotes:
Nesboy43: bwild22 just to let you know i peed on your post when i opened it up on my computer

Edited: 08/21/2007 at 10:31 PM by ShadowHacker

Aug 21, 2007 at 10:40:49 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Jordan a ghostbuster has to be prepared for shit to come at his head, hehe. shithead
~~NGD