Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:06:10 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Was there a gray version of this game made or was it only made in gold?

*edit: Im only referring to the NTSC version.

-------------------------
"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Edited: 06/09/2008 at 04:07 PM by projectingstars

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:07:26 PM
Mr. Gimmick (50)
(Gimmick, Mr.) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Pretty sure there was a grey version, but not positive

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:11:17 PM
collectinisgame (40)
(troy wages) < Lolo Lord >
South Carolina
yeah i'm sure there was a grey version. but i've been only able to find the 3D gold version.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:13:48 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Yeah, I agree that there should be a gray one, but I just went through about 300 completed MM auctions and they were all gold.

Does anyone know for a fact if it was released in a gray version?

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:16:34 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
If you're looking at what I'm looking at (on eBay, active listings)...you might see that it could be.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:19:12 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: mb7241

If you're looking at what I'm looking at (on eBay, active listings)...you might see that it could be.

Are the gray versions rarer?

-David Lynch

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:21:50 PM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
I'm pretty sure it was, Nick would probably know for sure.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:38:24 PM
Jumpman Jr. (47)
(Will Bowins) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
I was always under the impression that there was never a gray one.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:54:23 PM
Retrogamer72 (114)
(Pat ) < El Ripper >
United States
Theres a gray NFR Majora

As for a regular release I'm not sure. I thought the only 2 differences were the holographic/standard labels.

If I'm looking at the same auction on ebay as you guys are I'd say that gray game looks very suspicious. Even if it was released in gray I don't think it should have the collector's edition holographic label on it.

PM me if you have the following Gamecube Case: Kiosk demo #17!

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:57:17 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Ok, I saw the auction before I even made this topic, but I didn't know how rare it is. After looking at the auction over and over, I don't know what to think. It almost looks like the label was taken off a gold cart and reapplied to a gray cart.

And, I knew about the gray NFR MM. One just recently ended at $140 which is damn low. Had I known about it I would have been all over it.

-David Lynch

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:05:42 PM
nukie (31)
(Nathan Anderson) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
There was never a release of the gray version.  The NFR carts were gray, but the sales weren't high enough to actually warrant a gray release. 

I don't play WoW, but I make chainmail for cats. - Montana Baker

The next time someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football.

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:08:39 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Well, I'm going to post the original auction I found. I'm also thinking this is BS, because the seller claims to have two of them. When I first saw the tiny pic of this in the list of auctions, I thought it was the NFR gray cart and it was just mislabeled....I about shit myself!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....

So...what do we all think? Every single one of the ended MM auctions were ALL gold.

-David Lynch

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:12:28 PM
nukie (31)
(Nathan Anderson) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
He probably just pulled the label from the gold and put it on a gray cart.  That would be my guess.

I don't play WoW, but I make chainmail for cats. - Montana Baker

The next time someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football.

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:21:06 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Yup, that's the auction I was looking at. I messaged him, asking him about if both carts were gray or if one was gray and one was gold. It does seem a bit suspect.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:24:47 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
His feedback is stellar either...

mb7241: let me know if the seller messages you back

-David Lynch

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:34:43 PM
OCDsteeldor (36)
(D S) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
He has a neutral feedback for a broken MM. Most likely it got returned and he manually fixed the problem. Still tempting to hit the BIN button...

/ dear sir, dear lady, this carnival is dead and gone //

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:20:35 AM
TheHarvestDude (2)
(Cristiano Kolling) < Little Mac >
Brazil
Here in Brazil we had a Majora´s Mask release that was with a big box and the expansion pak was included.

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm...

I have one, but unfortunately, the brazilian mail company (Correios) damaged my box (as they always do).

TheHarvestDude

Jun 10, 2008 at 8:45:19 AM
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < King Solomon >
Netherlands
i've never seen a gray one in holland.. i got 3 copies, all golden

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:10:14 PM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
Only grey was NFR cart, the difference with the regular is the holographic label

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:57:53 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: TheHarvestDude

Here in Brazil we had a Majora´s Mask release that was with a big box and the expansion pak was included.

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/item?site=MLB&id=74800...

I have one, but unfortunately, the brazilian mail company (Correios) damaged my box (as they always do).

TheHarvestDude

Wow, never seen that before! Very cool. How much did you pay for yours?

-David Lynch

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:56:36 AM
Sparky1821 (18)
(Mr. Anderson) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
Hello people, I emailed the guy yesterday, he told me he had a MM with a broken corner, so he removed the sticker and guts, and put it back together inside a grey cart from an old sports game he had, hope this helps!!, so in other words, game is not original

All I need is an F'n Myriad and an F'n NWC!!!!! 

SNES-VB-N64 software libraries complete

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:10:35 AM
TheHarvestDude (2)
(Cristiano Kolling) < Little Mac >
Brazil
Originally posted by: projectingstars

Originally posted by: TheHarvestDude

http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/item?site=MLB&id=74800...

TheHarvestDude

Wow, never seen that before! Very cool. How much did you pay for yours?

I´ve bought mine about 4 years ago, brand new then. Paid 30 dollars for it. How much do you guys think its worth now?

The brazilian Big Boxed Majora´s Mask not only came with an expansion pak and removing key, they also included a small Game Guide that teaches you how to get the Ocarina from Skullkid, get back to your original young Link form, get the Deku mask and beat the first dungeon. 

TheHarvestDude

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:37:44 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Sparky1821

Hello people, I emailed the guy yesterday, he told me he had a MM with a broken corner, so he removed the sticker and guts, and put it back together inside a grey cart from an old sports game he had, hope this helps!!, so in other words, game is not original

Mystery solved! thanks,

-David Lynch

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:38:57 PM
Skipper_Lucky11 (11)
(Mike Christopher) < Meka Chicken >
United States
projectingstars. I know I haven't been on in forever but how do you not ask I the Zelda master? lol Majora's Mask is the game I know least about at the moment. However I am pretty sure it only came in gold. The Collectors edition one was gold but had a holographic sticker.

"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time" - Tyler Durden

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:52:45 PM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Skipper_Lucky11

projectingstars. I know I haven't been on in forever but how do you not ask I the Zelda master? lol Majora's Mask is the game I know least about at the moment. However I am pretty sure it only came in gold. The Collectors edition one was gold but had a holographic sticker.

Hey, you could have responded at any time! You should be on NA everyday!

How's the collection coming along?

-David Lynch