Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can All SNES Repro Chips Fit in All Cart Shells?

Jul 25 at 2:01:05 PM
ElliotNES (1)
(Stacked Up!!!) < Little Mac >
Illinois
You know those snap closure SNES carts? I know they’re not official... never had one. But I’m wondering if the chips inside can fit into a real plastic cartridge.

Anyone know?

I’m about to buy a snap closure SNES repro but don’t like the sound of those cheap looking plastic shells. And I also don’t like how they’re missing logos on the back and such. So I wanted to take the chip and label off, then place it in a donor shell for my personal collection. I know a lot of people have their own methods to make repros. So I have no idea as I’m sure all chip sizes may vary especially if they’re not donor chips. But if anyone is very familiar I’m sure you can tell me based on your vast experience on SNES repro chips. Actually I’m trying to put the repro in a nice transparent shell I have somewhere... I know I have it though!

Sample Snap Case & Chip:

-------------------------

For every mystery, there is someone, somewhere, who knows the truth. Perhaps that someone is watching.

Perhaps... it's you.

Edited: 07/25/2019 at 02:03 PM by ElliotNES

Jul 26 at 3:39:32 PM
Gorillazero (53)
(Well That's Just Prime) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Yes they will.

Also it's not a chip lol

-------------------------
Bounty: Neo Geo Pocket and Color Games PAL/UK. Dive Alert, Pocket Reversi, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters

Edited: 07/26/2019 at 03:40 PM by Gorillazero