Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2015-2016 Season Degenerate smack talk with a side of civil discussion.

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:07:54 AM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
I started last year's thread on July 20th. Today it's August 1st, time to rock and roll.

Looking back at my predictions for last year I was totally off. Watch out for the 49ers? Falcons win it all? Sankey rookie of the year? How the hell did I do so well in fantasy with thoughts like that?

Thoughts: Watch out for the Packers, they have all the pieces. Denver doesn't win it in Manning's last season. 

Predictions: Packers, Colts or Seahawks win it all. Miami could be a sneaky pick.

Worries: The Bills might actually be good.

Rookie of the year: Melvin Gordon on SD, or Kevin White for CHI

Won't live up to expectations: Jameis Winston is mediocre. DeMarco Murray is slowed in a crowded backfield. Forte slides a bit. ODB can't be that good.

"Go Patriots..." Let's see what an angry Brady does.

So, NA, what do you think about the upcoming season?

Edited: 08/01/2015 at 01:31 PM by TENGEN

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:24:30 AM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I'm a Browns die-hard fan so I'm excited to see what the revamped Defense can do to finally stop the run. The offense still looks subpar but in the past McCown has done well with good offensive line play. I don't see us making the playoffs until we stabilize the offense skill positions but they're definitely on the up swing

-------------------------
WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Edited: 08/01/2015 at 10:33 AM by LutherDestroysTheGond

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:48:33 AM
Quigley Rocks! (3)
(Eric ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
I am a Vikings fan, and I am curious as to how they will fare this year with AP back and the improved defense. I think we will fare better than last year, maybe even make the playoffs, but the Packers will win the North and be a favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Games currently being played: NES - The Incident; Little Samson

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:54:38 AM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

I'm a Browns die-hard fan so I'm excited to see what the revamped Defense can do to finally stop the run. The offense still looks subpar but in the past McCown has done well with good offensive line play. I don't see us making the playoffs until we stabilize the offense skill positions but they're definitely on the up swing

As a Miami Hurricane, all I can say is go Duke Johnson go!

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:03:51 PM
Michigan
Originally posted by: TENGEN

Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

As a Miami Hurricane, all I can say is go Duke Johnson go!

I'm pretty excited to see what he can do! If he's as good as he's being hyped, West may be the odd man out in the backfield and Johnson and Crowell could be a dynamic duo behind the O-line.

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:58:10 PM
DarTHBalLs305 (4)
(Sean M) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
I'm a Dolphins fan and idk if Im as optimistic on my team as a lot of other people seem to be. The Suh signing was good for the team, but we still have a lot of holes throughout the roster and Im not crazy about our 1st round pick (Im sure Im in the minority on that). But like every season, just gotta hope for the best.

I definitely think the Colts take it all this year. They added some great former Canes and the more Canes the better chances to do well in the playoffs

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:11:21 PM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: DarTHBalLs305

I'm a Dolphins fan and idk if Im as optimistic on my team as a lot of other people seem to be. The Suh signing was good for the team, but we still have a lot of holes throughout the roster and Im not crazy about our 1st round pick (Im sure Im in the minority on that). But like every season, just gotta hope for the best.

I definitely think the Colts take it all this year. They added some great former Canes and the more Canes the better chances to do well in the playoffs

As a Miami fan I'd love to hear your thoughts on their RB situation. Lamar Miller all the way, or is he going to be overtaken?

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:24:19 PM
DarTHBalLs305 (4)
(Sean M) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: TENGEN

Originally posted by: DarTHBalLs305

As a Miami fan I'd love to hear your thoughts on their RB situation. Lamar Miller all the way, or is he going to be overtaken?

I've thought Lamar has been overrated since he was at UM (the guy runs the slowest 4.4 Ive ever seen lol). I dont think he'll get overtaken by anyone, but I also dont think hes gonna get anymore playing time than he got last year. I am really excited about the future with Damien Williams and Jay Ajayi though. I heard some Demarco Murray comparisons on Williams last year, and some Marshawn comparisons on Ajayi this year

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:29:43 PM
Twentemarina (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
I'm not sold on Andrew Luck taking the Colts all the way to the Superbowl and winning it. The colts definitely have a very good chance just because it's almost a guarantee they make playoffs with the strength of their division being so low.

This year though, I like the Colts, Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, I'm a fool to kind of count out the Patriots (right?).

Two teams I think flying under the radar are the Ravens and the Steelers out of the AFC N. I feel whoever ends up winning that division could make a big wave in the post season. The main reason those teams can do so well is simple, they have good quarterbacks. Albeit, Flacco is more a post season stud than a regular season. It will be interesting to see with the strength of the AFC N schedule this year.

I would love to see Tennessee just be amazing this year along with the raiders, however, that chance is very small.

Aug 1, 2015 at 4:24:27 PM
Quinten (16)
(Quinten Tallman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Go Pack Go!!!! I expect Rodgers and company to perform at a high level!

Aug 1, 2015 at 4:25:05 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Excited to see how Lions do with the loss of Suh (pro's and con's about this) and getting our new head coach. Lions winning the NFC North ... wouldn't that be a surprise?

Haves     |     Wants

Aug 1, 2015 at 4:57:59 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
Another 8-8 or 9-7 season for my Bengals. They got slammed with the second toughest schedule this year, and I think the back half of the schedule will be too brutal for them. I think they'll squeak into the playoffs again and get bounced pretty quickly, but I'm always hoping they go all the way.

As long as the Pats don't win, I'm happy.

Aug 1, 2015 at 5:21:42 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I'm just glad Wilson finally got his contract taken care of. Now he can focus on taking care of the Seahawks again for another four years.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Aug 1, 2015 at 6:23:15 PM
Michigan
Duke Johnson leaves practice with a hamstring injury.

Why does this happen? I'm a nice person....

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:26:44 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
In honor of NFL.com's top 5 QB/WR tandems. How would you rank your Top 5 choices?

I'm liking quite a few.

I actually like:

Romo/Dez
Brown/Ben
Gronk/Brady

(you can put all 3 of those tandems and it's all great)

These are a bit more iffy and you could swap.
4.Thomas/Peyton
5.Calvin/Stafford (I give Calvin low on this, because I think Stafford is a weak link)

I also put Thomas/Peyton so low because I think Peyton's a bit weak and their adjustments to Kubiaks offence.

I really think Romo/Dez and Brown/Ben could be the best 2. If Brady drops off at all, it could be a big toss up for 3,4 and 5.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:47:46 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Also, come on, give it up for bruiser backs.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:39:21 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Steelers just made a trade with the Eagles.

CB Brandon Boykin in exchange for a conditional 5th-Rd pick in the 2016 Draft.

Interesting move.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:45:05 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Twentemarina

In honor of NFL.com's top 5 QB/WR tandems. How would you rank your Top 5 choices?

I'm liking quite a few.

I actually like:

Romo/Dez
Brown/Ben
Gronk/Brady

4.Thomas/Peyton
5.Calvin/Stafford (I give Calvin low on this, because I think Stafford is a weak link)

I also put Thomas/Peyton so low because I think Peyton's a bit weak and their adjustments to Kubiaks offence.

I really think Romo/Dez and Brown/Ben could be the best 2. If Brady drops off at all, it could be a big toss up for 3,4 and 5.

Dont forget Eli to Beckham Jr

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:49:30 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

Originally posted by: Twentemarina

I'm liking quite a few.

I actually like:

Romo/Dez
Brown/Ben
Gronk/Brady

4.Thomas/Peyton

Dont forget Eli to Beckham Jr

OBJ too soon and Eli is constantly a "?".

Aug 2, 2015 at 12:06:02 AM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Pats are gonna be angry this year! If the suspension gets overturned, watch out!

Aug 2, 2015 at 12:29:30 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
Real excited to see what Dallas does this year. Improved everywhere except for RB. But with that O-line, I think they will be fine with RBC. Looks like they should actually be able to put some pressure on the opposing QB this year which will only help their adequate at best CBs. Sean Lee will help out the LBs if he can stay on field...and that's a big IF! I'm really interested to see what happens with the Eagles. Either Chip Kelly knows something that nobody else does or he's completely screwing the team and will be fired at the end of this year and leave that team in shambles. I'm hoping for the latter.

Aug 2, 2015 at 4:42:21 AM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: Prime2099

Pats are gonna be angry this year! If the suspension gets overturned, watch out!

Sorry but that suspension will not be overturned. I'd be very surprised if anything was even done to the NFL.

Brady is also easily guilty, you don't need 100% proof to show that. Any simple reasoning and the way this all unfolded shows how easy that is to conclude. 

Aug 2, 2015 at 4:46:57 AM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
To add, nobody who has such huge accusations that they are a cheat and likely a multiple time cheat would let anyone run their name through the mud. They would not take them to court with the way the trial was ran. He'd be doing everything to prove he was not a cheat.

Clearly the dude just wants to get back in the season as soon as possible to give his team the best chance to win. That's all Brady has ever cared about. He's the guy who will push every edge to win that he feels he can get away with. If he could get away with something bigger and not get caught, this guy would. He's certainly one of the best of all-time but the dude is definitely guilty of these claims.

Aug 2, 2015 at 2:43:09 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Excited to see how the Vikings do, they have one of the most talented rosters in the league, but the biggest question mark is how Teddy develops in his second year. Hoping for a playoff berth at least.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Aug 2, 2015 at 2:57:50 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: doner24

Excited to see how the Vikings do, they have one of the most talented rosters in the league, but the biggest question mark is how Teddy develops in his second year. Hoping for a playoff berth at least.

I like te vikings roster, I just kind of wish they got a ridiculous offer for Peterson. He's not the right age to build a team around at this point in my eyes. I just feel if they could of got a bit near his value for him, they should of done it. Oh well, if they surprise the shit out of the world they will get the last laugh.