Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Low G Man, love it or hate it?

Aug 13 at 5:03:00 PM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona

I feel like this is one of those games that you either love or hate. There is no middle ground. It has this weird mixture of being kinda bad but also kinda good. It struggles and the frame rate is pretty choppy but I feel like there is a good game here. It was developed by KID who would go on to create the G.I. Joe games, Kickmaster, and Summer Carnival '92 which ironically is one of the fastest/smoothest running and most impressive games on the system. Curious to hear everyone's opinion about it.

-------------------------

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 13 at 7:36:47 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
I've got a hate - HATE relationship with this game. One of those childhood get-one-game-every-six-months-and-picked-this-tripe kinda relationship.
Given my track record for also picking Metal Gear and Hydlide it's a wonder I kept playing the system.

Aug 13 at 8:47:57 PM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Also Hate. Having to grab power ups before they hit the ground, coupled with the high probability of power downs makes it an unnecessarily frustrating experience. I found the controls to also be slow, floaty and sloppy. I do think there is a good core idea here, but it was terribly fumbled in the execution.

"I will beat you like a drum."

Aug 14 at 12:33:43 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I think there's plenty of middle ground room for this one. That's where I stand with it anyway. Not an amazing game, but not bad either. Pretty fun when you learn the level layouts and get the hang of the mechanics. The biggest hurdle for me was getting the hang of the fact you have to freeze most things before attacking them, and the framerate. But after that I had a good time with it.

It does increase in difficulty on subsequent loops as well (I think up to the third loop?). It's really tough on that last loop, so it definitely has some replay value from that angle.

| gameplay and talk |

Edited: 08/14/2019 at 12:35 AM by Austin

Aug 14 at 10:30:00 AM
Strikezone1 (1)
(Steve ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Love Low G Man. To me it is an underrated gem. It's got a good variety of fun & engaging boss battles, a fun and unique weapon & power up scheme, hidden bonus rooms with powerups, good music, multiple (3) difficulty loops, and a rewarding challenge.

The mechanics take some getting to used to (it's nothing like Mario, Megaman, Ninja Gaiden, etc), which I think turns some casuals off. But I think more people would enjoy it if they gave it a fair chance.

Aug 14 at 10:37:19 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Decent game. Love the music.

Aug 15 at 1:56:31 PM
ruudos (1)
(Rad Gravity) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands
I love it.

Great music, many fun boss fights (many of them are huge) and cool vehicles to use.

Edited: 08/15/2019 at 01:58 PM by ruudos