Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Curating My Childhood One Game at a Time Nintendo 64

Sep 27 at 12:31:53 PM
Miketodd23 (0)

< Cherub >
North Carolina
Hello Friends! I think about it often, years ago out mowing lawns to save up enough money for my very first Nintendo 64. Over the years I've moved many times, but the original 64 I bought in Summer of 1996 has always come with me, and STILL WORKS. I even still have the box with the KBToys price tag on it. 

I started the journey a few years back after college, to do what I like to refer to as "curating my childhood". My goal is to complete and perserve every game Nintendo released for the 64, as well as CIB consoles/acsessories for the system.

I collect mainly loose, with some exceptions. However, I love the varients. My goal will be every loose NA cartridge, CIB JPN unique to that region, NFRs, Grey Carts, Versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 for those that apply (looking at you zelda), player's choice, KA vs E (ESRB rating updates), and the small unique variants like NA Yoshi story is Pink vs the PAL Austrailia is Green.

This has been one fun journey, so i'll pose a question. CIB games aside, what do you all consider complete?

My N64 Loose CartsMy N64 Consoles/Accessories

Sep 27 at 12:37:11 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
How far would along would you say are at this time?

-------------------------
KDDK Player  

Sep 27 at 12:54:11 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Neat stack!

Completeness? You can never really achieve it unless you accept your limits and boundaries. Personally, I adopt the mainstream definition - complete in box (with manual) set of licensed games.

Sep 27 at 1:02:53 PM
Miketodd23 (0)

< Cherub >
North Carolina
I'd say close to 80%

I'm less than 10 carts shy of the NA loose, but the variants and JPN CIB I don't have a solid count. I'd guess at around 40 CIB boxes/accsessiores away. I know the total is 388 not including variants.

Sep 27 at 4:09:32 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
That's a pretty lofty but I feel obtainable oak, best of luck buddy!

May the force be with you.

Sep 27 at 4:28:53 PM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
nice collection. N64 was a good era imo. but nes/snes is where it was at for me, more my childhood  

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Sep 27 at 5:40:39 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Love it. That's how I ended up deciding to collect a fullset (albeit loose) for Game Boy. I thought about re-getting all the games I used to have as a kid, then getting the games my friends had, then I remembered all the games I wished I could have, then rumored games that I had never actually seen... then I looked both ways and just went for a fullset. Childhood complete! I hadn't experienced that (borrowing, trading with friends, discussing rumored games, trading store lists) with any other console as much as I had with GB, so that's the system that best defines my childhood. Of course, while putting that set together, I became interested in lots of off-shoot sets, and I keep thinking "ok, once these few sets are filled in, my collection will be complete!" and of course I keep adding things to that list.

Sep 27 at 10:44:41 PM
Miketodd23 (0)

< Cherub >
North Carolina
I just can't stop lol, I keep finding things I didn't know about, different variants. Plus some of the artwork on the CIB boxes is too beautiful to pass up. Really happy y'all enjoy the photos and appreciate the collection as much as I do. Can't wait to expand to shelf further and make the "Nintendo Wall"

Sep 28 at 2:50:45 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Miketodd23
I'm totes less than 10 carts shy of the NA loose

Final 10 eh?  Which ones are you missing?  That's really close unless its all the usual suspects I guess

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Sep 28 at 5:08:25 PM
Miketodd23 (0)

< Cherub >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Krunch

Originally posted by: Miketodd23
I'm totes less than 10 carts shy of the NA loose

Final 10 eh?  Which ones are you missing?  That's really close unless its all the usual suspects I guess

looks like 11 to be more accurate
All-Star Tennis '99
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Charlie Blast's Territory
Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck
Flying Dragon
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
International Superstar Soccer 2000
NFL Blitz Special Edition
Rat Attack!
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry

Sep 28 at 8:59:26 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Complete is having every game ever released on a system. No matter how rare. Stadium events is needed for a complete NES set.

Sep 29 at 12:59:00 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Always good to see another fan of the N64 around.

Complete for me is getting all the NA games. I'm not huge on imports, I'd like to get into them at some point but until I actually go to Japan...it's not happening. I'm waiting on that because it's cheaper to get them in Japan, shove them into my bags and then come back home...then it is to buy them off of eBay sellers. Plus since I'm not going there just for games...I really only have to take into consideration the price of games not the price of travel.

I've never been one for variations but maybe the N64 is one I'd try it on. At least when it comes to obvious variations like cart colors/versions.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Sep 29 at 7:28:27 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Welcome.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Sep 29 at 2:02:30 PM
Miketodd23 (0)

< Cherub >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Always good to see another fan of the N64 around.

Complete for me is getting all the NA games. I'm not huge on imports, I'd like to get into them at some point but until I actually go to Japan...it's not happening. I'm waiting on that because it's cheaper to get them in Japan, shove them into my bags and then come back home...then it is to buy them off of eBay sellers. Plus since I'm not going there just for games...I really only have to take into consideration the price of games not the price of travel.

I've never been one for variations but maybe the N64 is one I'd try it on. At least when it comes to obvious variations like cart colors/versions.
I’ve always wanted to goto Japan. It’s definitely on the bucket list of things to do for me.

Sep 30 at 3:13:54 PM
NESnostalgia (23)

(Mike ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Welcome. Nice collection! I'm in the same boat in that I'm down to needing 11 more for the complete loose na cart collection. Also have all the heavy hitters. Good luck!

Sep 30 at 4:25:40 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Nice looking collection there! Looks awesome.

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.