Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda Outlands and Foil Castlevania Boxes First orders of Outlands before being shipped. Thought it looked cool to see a big stack of these

LOCKED TOPIC

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:43:29 AM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Originally posted by: nesrepro

Originally posted by: Segertar

Any idea on next months CIB release?

Right now I'm thinking more than likely Sweet Home

I feel so giddy. Are you going to glaze the Sweet Home cart in a nice shiny red coat of paint? Like the red on Doom for the snes. That would make your copies stand out from the rest of the reproductions. 

I think that sounds like a great idea!

-------------------------
Get ready for Pascali :)

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:46:14 AM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: thefuzzypenguin

Originally posted by: thefuzzypenguin

These look awesome Spencer! Can't wait to be able to pick one up for myself

Awesome. I actually just made them available again. Was gonna wait until Wednesday but I have a better organizational system in place now so I'm comfortable taking orders again.

Excellent - you'll be hearing from me after I get paid next week  Now I have to figure out if I have a reason to drive up to Sandusky so I can check out your store or if I should just have it shipped.  I'm going up to Lakeside late September so I may just stop on the way then!

Would love to see you at the shop! Let me know when your coming. You might catch a vintage game tournament

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:47:17 AM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: MrClutch

Are these only available for purchase through your site, or can we do a Paypal transaction with you through NintendoAge?

I would prefer you use the site as the order system in it helps me to keep track of things. However if you want to set up a transaction here as well to use the feedback system feel free. You only have to pay once. The site has paypal built in as a shipping option.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:13:33 PM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Nebula

Could you please please consider doing both Final Fantasy 2 and 3.  I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it would be an instant buy especially with the high quality you are making them in.

Sweet Home is also an incredible title, but FF 2 and 3 are two titles a lot of us have been itching to get our hands on.  To be able to play them on my NES would be awesome.

Please consider it, and thanks for your hard work 

FF2 is a definite. I'm not sure about ff3. Honestly it's a real SOB to make and it would take a very long time to fulfill orders. If I can come up with a way to streamline the build on it I will consider it.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:15:59 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California

Originally posted by: Segertar

Any idea on next months CIB release?

Right now I'm thinking more than likely Sweet Home

I feel so giddy. Are you going to glaze the Sweet Home cart in a nice shiny red coat of paint? Like the red on Doom for the snes. That would make your copies stand out from the rest of the reproductions. 

I think that sounds like a great idea!

It's about time someone made a CIB for Sweet Home. I've wanted one for over a year. Final Fantasy 3 would be pretty rad too.

Edited: 07/22/2011 at 11:16 PM by SamSpade

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:02:35 AM
buttheadrulesagain (20)
(Jorge Juarez) < King Solomon >
Mexico
Your stuff is awesome man... I hope your business to flourish to infinity. I'm gonna throw an idea for you (knowing that you must already have a ton of them, but couldn't resist): Why not make special sexy boxes for sets of carts? for example, a wide box with slots for Megaman 1-6, or for the Capcom Disney set, the three castlevanias, doubledragons, turtles, KOEI strategy games... that would be very cool... either way, you're doing great, keep the good work!

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:02:55 AM
Shogun (53)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Hell yea! I cant wait for Sweet Home!

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:00:16 AM
Sam D. (2)
(Sam Davidson) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Unbelievable work, man. Everything looks so awesome...I especially like those mini custom N64 boxes you have available. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when they get they finally get their Zelda repros!

I definitely plan on buying something in the future. Keep up the good work!

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:03:09 AM
Rengozu (54)
(Jeff Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
I've got one of the NES Superstars signs that holds 5 game boxes hanging in one of my shops. I was just thinking these foil boxes would probably look really cool displayed in that. Haven't thought about which 5 so far would be best, but I need 5 NES staples that looked incredible foiled up. Castlevania would probably be a definite.

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:33:41 PM
Ctrl Alt Geek (7)
(Michael Kitchen) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
for some reason i thought zelda was $35

Total Sealed Game Gear Carts:1
Total Sealed NES Carts:0
Total SNES Sealed Carts:0
Final Fantasy Collection (CIB):0
Zelda Collection (CIB): 1
Metroid Collection (CIB) :0
Mario Collection (CIB): 6

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:44:25 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Ctrl Alt Geek

for some reason i thought zelda was $35

Your probably thinking about coinheavens cart only, which is 35.  nesrepro's is a full CIB copy.

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:31:41 PM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States

Originally posted by: Fantomex

haha I already asked him about that myself :-D I was trying to find the artwork for him but i couldn't find it anywhere

I got my cart from Joe so I'll see if he can provide that for us. 

I did manage to find some art for that and started playing with it a bit. It's not very clean though. I might have to recreate it in illustrator

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:36:49 PM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
I'd really like a foil label and box for Dark myth. I don't think anyone has made one and the Famicom boxart looks like it was made for foil.
http://www.japangamestock.com/vid...

and FF3 is a bit easy to screw up I have one made with a full pin mario 2 but I can't figure out where to put the battery so it doesn't constantly discharge. so mine lost it's save in about a week.

If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.

Edited: 07/24/2011 at 11:54 PM by rokubungi

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:26:31 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Dang I like those castlevania boxes ^_^ good stuff!

sending you a pm nespro>

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:45:26 AM
ekh4065 (25)
(Daniel Maxwell) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Nebula

Could you please please consider doing both Final Fantasy 2 and 3.  I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it would be an instant buy especially with the high quality you are making them in.

Sweet Home is also an incredible title, but FF 2 and 3 are two titles a lot of us have been itching to get our hands on.  To be able to play them on my NES would be awesome.

Please consider it, and thanks for your hard work 

What's wrong with Uncle Tusks FF2 and FF3 boxes? Or do you want them in foil?

I would hate to see duplication of effort.

Edited: 07/25/2011 at 05:47 AM by ekh4065

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:18:49 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
I really like the idea of set boxes. Make two versions: One that acts as sleeves for official boxes, and one that just holds multiple carts.

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:48:21 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: dmaxwell

Just saw this now.  While I think Uncle Tusks FF2 and FF3 boxes are great, personaly I would like to see a full package with the manuals and maps like nesrepro did with Outlands. I still feel like something is missing with just a box and cart, especially with an RPG.

Jul 29, 2011 at 5:45:32 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
So how much is it for the CIB outlands...

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:31:46 AM
galvatryne (119)
(david desgagne) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: LifeGame

So how much is it for the CIB outlands...

67$ with shipping . It came in a cardboard box and the game is in wrapping bubble .

Aug 14, 2011 at 8:25:02 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: B.A.

Just saw this now.  While I think Uncle Tusks FF2 and FF3 boxes are great, personaly I would like to see a full package with the manuals and maps like nesrepro did with Outlands. I still feel like something is missing with just a box and cart, especially with an RPG.

As a hardcore repro collector, I personally love seeing the variations on games.  I know that even though I may have three different copies of the same repro (due to variations) I will STILL hunt down any other variations that pop up.  I think that timewalkgames.com brings a new, different, approach to the repro world.  NOONE is doing the foil boxes/games right now and he is making the conscious effort to bring something new to gamers, not take away from anyone else.

I personally have every variation of UncleTusk's stuff and will continue to buy his to support him.  I also pick up the special stuff Joe at thenesdump.com comes out with.

All nesrepro is trying to do is bring a new approach to some of our favorite repros.  If you check his video on the CIB Sweet Home, he used ALL the profits from the Outlands project to help get better equipment to make his custom repros nicer.

All I see is a video game collector and store owner who wants to bring something new to the video game collecting world.  There aren't many repro guys out there and we can use as many as we can get.

Thanks for the hard work, I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:43:42 PM
HocusPocus (19)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: gwyndion

Originally posted by: B.A.

As a hardcore repro collector, I personally love seeing the variations on games.  I know that even though I may have three different copies of the same repro (due to variations) I will STILL hunt down any other variations that pop up.  I think that timewalkgames.com brings a new, different, approach to the repro world.  NOONE is doing the foil boxes/games right now and he is making the conscious effort to bring something new to gamers, not take away from anyone else.

I personally have every variation of UncleTusk's stuff and will continue to buy his to support him.  I also pick up the special stuff Joe at thenesdump.com comes out with.

All nesrepro is trying to do is bring a new approach to some of our favorite repros.  If you check his video on the CIB Sweet Home, he used ALL the profits from the Outlands project to help get better equipment to make his custom repros nicer.

All I see is a video game collector and store owner who wants to bring something new to the video game collecting world.  There aren't many repro guys out there and we can use as many as we can get.

Thanks for the hard work, I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks for the compliments. I consider doing this more a hobby than anything else. I started just making these for myself and I'm really happy people are enjoying them.

I think the NES repro community is very well served. I have spoken a little bit with UncleTusk via PM and he seems like a really goody guy. He also has a really solid printing background so I'm sure his boxes are particularly top notch. I particularly like his smb/duckhunt box. I wish I had come up with that lol. I think the idea here is for all of us to bring something special in are products and I know there is lots of great stuff for all of us to work on.

Joe has such an awesome selection and is willing to make games that are frankly, a pain in ass to make (FF3 comes to mind)

And bunny boy is just so pro it's ridiculous. Love his stuff. Not to mention his great NES programing posts. Either way, I think it's great to be able to offer stuff with these guys and we all bring a different flavor to whats going on.

Thanks again guys!

-Spencer