NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Cleaned and Tested" "Working" "No Refunds" "Rare!!11"

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:38:53 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: GsoFly

Seller refunded the cost and canceled the order today no questions asked once I opened the claim last night. it was only a $12 double dragon game so they probably didnt want to waste their time or anything. There was no possible way to get the corrosion without having to go that deep into the pins. It was that bad. Belt sander grit was at 800 level and for short, light bursts. Game was toast, I seriously doubt there was any way to get it fixed without transplanting the EPOMS into another board.

If you want it, ill ship it to you free of charge, maybe you can get that thing working again just for fun. Haha
If I can get it to work, I'll ship it back. PM on the way. 

-------------------------
Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:41:37 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
CZroe picked up at least a couple non-working games at a local game shop that claims to clean/test everything. Even some of the games on the shelf are obviously full of cobwebs and other debris right in the cartridge connector.

Pinbot did not work at all.

A copy of NES Play Action Football had Batman inside, but it wouldn't show any graphics because a previous owner removed most of the pins to the CHR chip. I bet someone tried to use pliars to pull the board out because they couldn't figure out why Batman was inside an "NES Play Action Football" cartridge. Without the right screwdriver to open it, someone might assume the board can be yanked-out like a tooth and then swapped.

Edited: 03/18/2016 at 05:42 PM by Ichinisan

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:41:50 PM
epicfamilydecals (39)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I confused...you said ("Cleaned and Tested" "Working" "No Refunds" "Rare!!11") and then you sounded surprised it was Double Dragon II. Was the auction for a random/label-less cart? If so, how could you trust the word "rare"?

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:44:50 PM
GsoFly (9)
(Greg ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: epicfamilydecals

I confused...you said ("Cleaned and Tested" "Working" "No Refunds" "Rare!!11") and then you sounded surprised it was Double Dragon II. Was the auction for a random/label-less cart? If so, how could you trust the word "rare"?

I am making fun of the eBay auction that I ended up buying the game from. I knew it was Double Dragon II, but the ad had all those common terms plastered on it. I know the game isnt rare, at all. Sellers seem to put RARE on almost anything retro, even Super Mario and Duck Hunt games.

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:47:48 PM
BadBoxArt (1)
< Little Mac >
I've seen horror stories like these but never actually dealt with one. My mother and father on the other hand have handled stories such as these but they were things such as Fitbits and Chemistry textbooks

Edited: 03/22/2016 at 02:49 PM by BadBoxArt

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:54:44 PM
terzdesign (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
I bought Carmageddon 64 about a month ago on Amazon. Price was a little on the high side but the seller told me that the condition was 'great'. They couldn't send me photos though since it was in a warehouse or something. They told me if I wasn't satisfied I could return it no questions asked. It arrived and had large gouges in the front label and the whole cart was dirty. Back label had a giant sticker over it.

Anywho... I wrote the dude and said that I was going to return it and didn't consider this great condition... I also gave him the choice to refund me a portion of the order instead ($15 back on a $35 purchase is what I figured was fair for a 'fair' condition game). He chose to refund me the portion. Game worked though and I was able to clean it up to perhaps 90% condition.

WE DON'T PRINT UGLY.
www.terzink.com 
Badass Retro and Vintage Tee Shirts
www.HomeTownRiot.com

Edited: 03/22/2016 at 07:57 PM by terzdesign

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:17:34 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Many years ago, I bought a NES game from a major reseller the frequented these forums, and the game literally had mud in the cart slot. Despite him having many items over the years that I would have enjoyed owning, I never bought from him again.

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:43:54 PM
rickrollcollector (133)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Originally posted by: Gutling

Originally posted by: AlexElectric

Just out of curiosity but when they put no refunds sold as/is in the body of their eBay post you can still always get a refund correct?

You can always get a refund no matter what they put in the description. The disclaimers are worthless

eBay favors buyers so much it is not even funny.
No, they are not worthless. Of course if item is damaged then seller is obligated to refund but if "oh crap, I mean to buy the other game", "shoot I forgot, I have sega instead of nintendo" - the disclaimer is for those kind of stories. I had many people telling me, "oh I was expecting it would include other stuff too" while there's nothing extra in the pictures and even stated in description. People are lazy to read, or just carelss when buy things. I decline any of those refunds/returns at all costs.

Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:57:50 AM
Warrax (0)

< Cherub >
Quebec
Originally posted by: rickrollcollector

No, they are not worthless. Of course if item is damaged then seller is obligated to refund but if "oh crap, I mean to buy the other game", "shoot I forgot, I have sega instead of nintendo" - the disclaimer is for those kind of stories. I had many people telling me, "oh I was expecting it would include other stuff too" while there's nothing extra in the pictures and even stated in description. People are lazy to read, or just carelss when buy things. I decline any of those refunds/returns at all costs.
I had someone expecting a manual even tho there was no mention at all and no manuals on pictures. I also had someone accusing me of selling a Zelda on the NES with a bad battery when in fact it was working perfectly, the guy used a third party AC adaptor that was messing up the battery. I use disclaimers since then.

Edit: Damn, sorry for necro...didn't check date before posting...I ended up in this thread via search.

Edited: 06/28/2017 at 09:59 AM by Warrax

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:16:38 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I use a disclaimer when I am selling something that I cannot test necessarily. For example, I have a box of atari 5200 games I cant test because I don't have the console to test it on. However, I put a different disclaimer mentioning that all games are untested and refunds are not accepted unless the item was damaged during shipping or is the wrong item.

But as for the topic at hand. I have two stories, both with n64 consoles. One of my friends had bought 28 nintendo 64s for 20 dollars seeing that they were just missing jumper packs. One of them, had spider nests in them, we had opened it to check it, and a metric shitton of little spiders came scurrying out. In the same bundle of 64s, we had one that looked like it sat in dirty water for a week. Everything was corroded and rusted inside and I wished I still had a picture of that because it was horrible. Personally I never got a cart like that, mostly being that I generally just get my carts locally.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 06/28/2017 at 10:40 AM by SNESNESCUBE64

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:33:33 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

I use a disclaimer when I am selling something that I cannot test necessarily. For example, I have a box of atari 5200 games I cant test because I don't have the console to test it on. However, I put a different disclaimer mentioning that all games are tested and refunds are not excepted unless the item was damaged during shipping or is the wrong item.

But as for the topic at hand. I have two stories, both with n64 consoles. One of my friends had bought 28 nintendo 64s for 20 dollars seeing that they were just missing jumper packs. One of them, had spider nests in them, we had opened it to check it, and a metric shitton of little spiders came scurrying out. In the same bundle of 64s, we had one that looked like it sat in dirty water for a week. Everything was corroded and rusted inside and I wished I still had a picture of that because it was horrible. Personally I never got a cart like that, mostly being that I generally just get my carts locally.
Wait. You claim that all games are tested even when they are not? That's not how disclaimers are supposed to work!   Eh, I'm sure that isn't what you meant to say.  

That said, I do have a copy of Ms. Pac-Man on Atari 5200 that doesn't work. Oh, and I thought I'd point out that excepted and accepted are different things in case you really do have that in your disclaimer (might want to fix that, since the definition is particularly important in a legal claim/disclaim). 

Edited: 06/28/2017 at 10:43 AM by CZroe

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:39:18 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: CZroe

Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

I use a disclaimer when I am selling something that I cannot test necessarily. For example, I have a box of atari 5200 games I cant test because I don't have the console to test it on. However, I put a different disclaimer mentioning that all games are tested and refunds are not excepted unless the item was damaged during shipping or is the wrong item.

Wait. You claim that all games are tested even when they are not? That's not how disclaimers are supposed to work!  Eh, I'm sure that isn't what you meant to say.  

That said, I do have a copy of Ms. Pac-Man on Atari 5200 that doesn't work. Oh, and I thought I'd point out that excepted and accepted are different things in case you really do have that in your disclaimer (might want to fix that, since the definition is particularly important in a legal claim/disclaim). 

thanks for pointing that out, it seems I forgot the "un" in there. Also the expected thing was meant to be accepted. Shows that I really need to do a better job proofreading

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:14:09 AM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I thought this was a new post and wondered how i had the first reply.

Necro bump  

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:55:24 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
lol...well on that topic...

The rare times I can be arsed enough to get off my ass and sell something, I usually clean and test all my games I'm going to sell before I list them. I also don't take refunds because I hate buyers on eBay so damn much. I don't trust them...to many horror stories of scumbags doing stupid shit to get their money back...from both here and from my mom since she used to sell on eBay. She sold stuff online for about as long as I've been alive and she's had some real assholes.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)