Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Classic WoW..... Who's playing? Alliance or Horde?

Jul 30 at 8:14:34 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
There's been a lot of chatter about Classic WoW on the NA Discord, and I wanted to get an idea of who's going to be playing when Classic is released in the next few weeks. Depending on how many plan on playing, I wonder if we could get a NA guild going! 

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!! 

-------------------------
My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Jul 30 at 8:17:02 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Not me. I play good MMOs.

Jul 30 at 8:23:52 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Gloves

I see you with your fancy Final Fantasy MMO! I see you, DOUGLAS!

​

Jul 30 at 8:24:54 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: BazookaJoe

Originally posted by: Gloves

I see you with your fancy Final Fantasy MMO! I see you, DOUGLAS!

I live in the present, not the past!

Jul 30 at 9:15:52 PM
Gex (42)
(Ryley Rolls ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Is this kind of like Oldschool Runescape?

<<< Buying TurboGrafx 16 

Jul 30 at 9:16:33 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Tauren Warrior here. Not surprised Joe would play a dainty lil fairy in game, gotta stick to what he knows best.

And as for Douglas. Living in the present my arse, you collect 30 year old video games.

Thats what you call a 2 for 1.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Jul 30 at 9:18:10 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!! 

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

Jul 31 at 9:46:13 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I've been playing on Elysium and having a good time.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jul 31 at 10:05:54 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
I'm gonna be a blood elf!

Jul 31 at 10:33:25 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

There's been a lot of chatter about Classic WoW on the NA Discord, and I wanted to get an idea of who's going to be playing when Classic is released in the next few weeks. Depending on how many plan on playing, I wonder if we could get a NA guild going! 

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!! 

A lot of chatter on other games you have yet to play with us.

Good luck with your dumb guild. Starcraft is better.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jul 31 at 11:18:43 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I'll probably play at least for a bit. Horde for life!

Jul 31 at 11:39:26 AM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Murray

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!! 

I thought we were pals, MORRAY!   

​

Jul 31 at 12:20:14 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
You know I'm playin and don't let Douglas fool you.

His haircut his from like fuckin 14 BCE, livin in the present my arse.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 07/31/2019 at 12:20 PM by Uncle Meat

Jul 31 at 12:55:26 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
I'm gonna have to roll horde   What realm is everyone on? That's the only problem.  

​

Jul 31 at 1:02:27 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
For the Alliance all the way.

Played WoW for years, deep down miss it a little but it's a hypnotizing game that eats years of life.

What is this "play Classic" chatter to ask?

Jul 31 at 1:20:53 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Played WoW for years, deep down miss it a little but it's a hypnotizing game that eats years of life.

They are re-releasing Vanilla WoW as a fresh start for everyone who wants to experience that for the first time again.

Free to play with any subscription, no need to buy a new copy of the game or anything.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jul 31 at 1:38:49 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Megamanfanfan

Originally posted by: Boosted52405

They are re-releasing Vanilla WoW as a fresh start for everyone who wants to experience that for the first time again.

Free to play with any subscription, no need to buy a new copy of the game or anything.

Ah very cool!

Jul 31 at 3:20:30 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Been waiting a long time for this. I'll be playing Horde.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Jul 31 at 4:49:50 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
This, to me, sounds like a BIG money power-move where Blizzard is like "well, we just sucked up $20,000,000,000 for 15 years up from 1/10th of the population. Instead of innovating a fresh experience, let's just reset and restart the servers and see if we can strike gold again!" They won't make as much as they did the first time, but I'm quite amazed at the bold laziness. I have a hunch that even if 1/50th of the people playing are new subs, it will still be worth the endeavor.

I remember when WoW was exploding. It always sounded interesting, but even after a newly employed, single nerd I refused to touch this or any MMO. I knew it would become a blackhole of life and I'd never get married or something. Not sure if that would have been true, but I'm sure I would have sank thousands upon thousands of hours into it.

EDIT

Ok, my recollection is a bit off.  This came out in 2006 according to the video but I was married in 2005.  Regardless, I there was some MMO game that caught my attention circa-2004 and I projected those feelings onto this game as well.  Regardless, sounds cool.  If only I could bring myself to casually play a game like this 1-2 hours a week, I'd consider giving it a try.  But... I lack that type of self control and I'd prefer to dedicate my gaming hours in the evening to stuff I can start and finish, even if it takes a couple of months.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Edited: 07/31/2019 at 04:54 PM by rlh

Jul 31 at 5:01:58 PM
rickrollcollector (133)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I played since launch hardcore, raiding and all that crap with 8/9 Naxx Shaman tier and never played any other classes. If my memory serves me right i have like 2.5+ years of hours played (many of those hours are fish botting, BG botting of course but still) on my account and I quit for good in mid of WOTLK during Ulduar clear. Then came back again in the end of LK clear then quit was back in Cata. I then quit again and was back for a couple of months to whatever was after Pandaria stuff and quit forever after. Classic was magical because people never played anything like it. The whole aspect of first time exploring, dungeons in group, getting purples, then 60+ MC raid. Nostalgia is nostalgia but that whole concept of magic will never be recreated again. I won't be back for Classic that's for sure. The game killed many years of potential in me, I could've been already deep down in IT by this time with some insane experience in networking but that's how life works sometimes. I will be playing WC3 Reforged that's for sure because I don't have to grind anything there.

Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.

Edited: 07/31/2019 at 05:03 PM by rickrollcollector

Jul 31 at 5:09:02 PM
rickrollcollector (133)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: rlh

This, to me, sounds like a BIG money power-move where Blizzard is like "well, we just sucked up $20,000,000,000 for 15 years up from 1/10th of the population. Instead of innovating a fresh experience, let's just reset and restart the servers and see if we can strike gold again!" They won't make as much as they did the first time, but I'm quite amazed at the bold laziness. I have a hunch that even if 1/50th of the people playing are new subs, it will still be worth the endeavor.

I remember when WoW was exploding. It always sounded interesting, but even after a newly employed, single nerd I refused to touch this or any MMO. I knew it would become a blackhole of life and I'd never get married or something. Not sure if that would have been true, but I'm sure I would have sank thousands upon thousands of hours into it.

EDIT

Ok, my recollection is a bit off.  This came out in 2006 according to the video but I was married in 2005.  Regardless, I there was some MMO game that caught my attention circa-2004 and I projected those feelings onto this game as well.  Regardless, sounds cool.  If only I could bring myself to casually play a game like this 1-2 hours a week, I'd consider giving it a try.  But... I lack that type of self control and I'd prefer to dedicate my gaming hours in the evening to stuff I can start and finish, even if it takes a couple of months.

There's is command that you can type in the game chat like "/played" and it shows game time player spen on the particular charachter and I remember my Shaman the only class I ever played had something like 2.5+ years of hours...

Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.

Edited: 07/31/2019 at 05:11 PM by rickrollcollector

Jul 31 at 5:16:37 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: rickrollcollector

Originally posted by: rlh

EDIT

There's is command that you can type in the game chat like "/played" and it shows game time player spen on the particular charachter and I remember my Shaman the only class I ever played had something like 2.5+ years of hours...

I feel like in my entire life I've not even spent that much time playing games.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Aug 29 at 2:02:20 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
What servers are people on?

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 29 at 7:55:51 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I'm on Kromkrush... rolled a fire mage. I'm loving it so far.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Sep 03 at 10:55:59 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Joes not that's for sure.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!