NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

eZine Caption Contest! for July 2011 issue

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:00:16 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York

Rules: 

email [email protected] with 'caption contest' as the subject line. Include your username and your caption(s) in quotes.

You can swear, but this is more about using a scalpel of wit than a club of curse-words. No limit on captions, but put your best foot forward (try to be as creative as possible).

You will get a canned response confirming receipt of yr email (as of 6/2/11)

This will close june 15th to give us time to select and the editor time to arrange!

These may change as we fine-tune the contest, so please read them before submitting!

The best captions will be shown in this month's eZine! Have fun!

-------------------------

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Edited: 06/02/2011 at 03:13 PM by zi

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:13:50 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Caption for what?

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:21:51 PM
zi (73)
New York
it's a caption contest for the zine. prob will be a page of some of the best ones. pats will run it in this month's zine!!!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:23:44 PM
Hallucard (10)
(Kevin Larson) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
He meant caption what exactly. There no links or pics for us to caption

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1134-5121
Nintndo Network ID (WiiU):  Hallucard

My eBay Profile: (My Auctions on eBay)

http://myworld.ebay.com/hallucard

My For Sale / WTB Thread

My Zelda collection

WTB:
BOXES:

JPN: Link to the Past/Four Swords.
Zelda No For Resale Carts. OoT N64, Phantom Hourglass, MM Grey (i know, i can dream though), Skyward Sword.
OTHER:
Zelda Barcode Battler II: Card Set (Japanese Item)

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:25:44 PM
zi (73)
New York
mmm. i thought that's what he meant, so i had a dude log in and check the link- the pic's there. at least it is for safari (mac) users and pc (firefox). right? i'm guessing ie still doesn't support "img" tags?! lololol. - lemme double check what's going on

edit: poops. looks fine to me. mmmmm. errrrr 

double edit: better???

Edited: 06/01/2011 at 03:36 PM by zi

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:40:50 PM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
"Really?"

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:54:53 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Better. I see it now but didn't before.

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:03:46 PM
zi (73)
New York
Originally posted by: LucasWeatherby

"Really?"

yep. there ya go. i'd prefer u email em. as i will only check back (once i know everyone can see the image!) on close. OMG = original post updated- there's a "close" date!!

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:22:26 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas

All I see is the Ninja Gadien Castle:

"Man, the things I do for a piece of ass."
"Go Go Rocket Boots"
"Fuck this.  It's Miller time."

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:41:35 PM
ViceProjectDoom (70)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
United States
"Did i remember to turn off the stove.....?"

can we just post here for the contest? it's kinda funny to read other people's captions.

Plus, it's probably easier just to read this thread for you guys rather than sort through a bunch of email.

Last thing: Can we enter more than one caption?

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:50:11 PM
zi (73)
New York
i'd prefer the email (thanks to those who have!!!!) as this way it'll be a surprise and something to read in the zine. you can enter as many captions as u want.

also, you don't want people biting yr caption or improving on it, as I'm working on securing a prize for the best one. shhhhhhhh

edit: also, gmail allows labeling, which takes away the sorting. wuhahahahaaaaaa - technology!

Edited: 06/01/2011 at 06:50 PM by zi

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:11:40 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: zi

Rules: 

email [email protected] with your username and caption (in quotes).

I love contests like these, should be interesting to see the replies.  Question, are our submissions supposed in the subject line with a plain text body? 

Example:

Subject: Jonebone - "This is my Caption"

I'm asking because then you'd need to email multiple times for multiple submissions if one per subject line.  Or would you rather have a subject line of: Jonebone - eZine Caption Contest and then list our captions in the text of the email?

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:42:57 PM
shipwrekd (192)
(charlie brown) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
sent one in ...

Don't worry about my grammer I have a redneck waiver...
I never find nuttin'

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:19:09 PM
zi (73)
New York
good question, jbone- ty! updated original post!

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:31:17 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Submitted a few myself, GL to all!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:45:58 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Thanks zi

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:28:02 PM
zi (73)
New York
have some great ones so far. 9 days left!

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:58:19 AM
zi (73)
New York
last week! ends on the 15th!

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:31:05 PM
Miss Clawful (19)
(Megan Roberts) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina

Okay, I get it.

Figured this would be a fun way to waste a few minutes before heading out to work. Sent 3 captions in one email if this is okay.

Edited: 06/11/2011 at 12:53 PM by Miss Clawful

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:01:18 PM
zi (73)
New York
got em! ty!!!!

Jun 11, 2011 at 3:25:51 PM
qtoyoda (36)
(SMAAASH! ) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
submitted

Currently playing: Massive Final Fantasy Marathon - FF2 (4) just broke into the Tower of Babil
Recently Completed: Windwaker HD, Child of Light
Favorite Games of All Time: Earthbound, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger

Looking for Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Season (Box, Manual and Inserts!) & Zelda Collectors Edition

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:59:33 AM
zi (73)
New York
two more days!!!!!!

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:56:48 AM
zi (73)
New York
praise be, we have some great entries, but there's still time for more! 1 day left!!!

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:16:13 PM
zi (73)
New York
ZOMFG! 12 hours left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:31:40 AM
zi (73)
New York
TY to all who've submitted! see you in the zine!!!