New Forum Name POLL

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 11 at 3:05:32 PM
Kid Dracula (92)
(AP ) < Lolo Lord >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Originally posted by: Kid Dracula

I like cartsandconsoles the best out of those options but think we can do better. I can't think of much myself.

BossRush.com
BatteriesNotIncluded.com
Oooh I like that one

I like how it references the first Nintendo commercial when they talk about R.O.B. and quickly mention *batteries not included*

Oct 11 at 3:09:45 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Originally posted by: Boosted52405

I like cartsandconsoles the best out of those options but think we can do better. I can't think of much myself.

BossRush.com
BatteriesNotIncluded.com
Oooh I like that one

I like how it references the first Nintendo commercial when they talk about R.O.B. and quickly mention *batteries not included*

Looks like someone owns it, though.

Plus it references an obscure 80s sci-fi movie.

Oct 11 at 3:10:59 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
TheGoldenCart.com

It checks everything off: it's a reference to Zelda which had purple ganon, it's a reference to video games being great retirement investments, and it shortens cartridges to carts so it will those piss people off. It's perfect.

Oct 11 at 3:18:46 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
You laugh now. But watch Purple Ganon win.

-------------------------
"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Oct 11 at 3:20:21 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: ZBomber

and it shortens cartridges to carts so it will those piss people off. It's perfect.

That's perfect. Is there some way we can add a reference to game tapes in there though.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Oct 11 at 3:21:43 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: ZBomber

TheGoldenCart.com

It checks everything off: it's a reference to Zelda which had purple ganon, it's a reference to video games being great retirement investments, and it shortens cartridges to carts so it will those piss people off. It's perfect.

What about disc based games bruh?

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Oct 11 at 3:22:45 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: punch-out!!84
  Come up with a less generic name sure

Well then let's hear it
I agree that this part is a challenge.  I've seen a lot of comments such as "I don't like those, but I can't think of anything" and that's where a lot of people are.  

Trust me when I say, that many of us working on this entire concept, have spent a lot of time working on this, including much debate and brainstorming regarding a name and identity.  The list above does not mean these are the ONLY options.  We will definitely take the feedback here, and really try to work on something that we feel the community can rally behind, hopefully without the divisiveness or potential ire from something like purpleganon.

Personally, I don't like purpleganon at all.  I also think that many of the aforementioned choices are in fact quite bland and uninspiring.  We are processing everything and will continue to work to find something good.  

I can guarantee you all, that there is a good group of people putting a lot of time into this, and we are very committed to creating something great for the community.

If anyone has what they believe are great, interesting suggestions (aside from purpleganon), that are more creative and interesting than the list shared in this thread, please share them!  Try not to bash other options without coming up with a legitimate suggestion.

At the end of the day, we will definitely find something that works, and we hope to foster a community that takes the positives from NA, while addressing some issues and creating an even better community.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 11 at 3:25:25 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
GameSpace.com

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 11 at 3:35:59 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
No matter what gets picked, there will be a chunk of people that won't like it.

Picking a good name is lightning in a bottle. It will probably come out of the blue, if at all, and if it doesn't, it probably won't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Oct 11 at 3:46:36 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Picking a good name is lightning in a bottle. It will probably come out of the blue, if at all, and if it doesn't, it probably won't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

More of a reason that this process shouldn't have been made public. Whoever is floating the bill, at least for now, should have the power. 

Also,     

Oct 11 at 3:50:41 PM
3rdstrongestmole (19)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
I'm thinking something like...

PowerGlovePunchOut

ZapperReloaded

And if not these exactly then something more inclusive to gaming in general. I also agree with getting away from generic, resale-sounding names. I like the bulletbill one and deadmarios. Just something iconic to gaming.

Oct 11 at 3:51:54 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
This is all kind of like the no Homer's club from the Simpsons.

Also bender "I'll just make my own forum with blackjack and hookers"

Which I'm all for. This place isn't entertaining anymore. But oh yeah I'm supposed to make a name suggestion.....

Banhammergaming.com

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Oct 11 at 3:59:09 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: barrels

More of a reason that this process shouldn't have been made public. Whoever is floating the bill, at least for now, should have the power. 

Also,     

We're really just trying to get good suggestions. We'll definitely be taking executive decision making power here, but suggestions are nice to get the ball rolling. 

Oct 11 at 4:00:34 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Edit: triple post, damn this site!

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 10/11/2019 at 04:01 PM by Brock Landers

Oct 11 at 4:00:41 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >

Also,     

To be frank, I suggested to gloves that he cut everyone out and maybe just try to get consultation from a team of 1-2 people with marketing backgrounds

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Oct 11 at 4:00:52 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Dp

Edited: 10/11/2019 at 04:01 PM by Brock Landers

Oct 11 at 4:03:04 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Also,     

To be frank, I suggested to gloves that he cut everyone out and maybe just try to get consultation from a team of 1-2 people with marketing backgrounds

I would take those suggestions if anyone feels they fit the bill.

Oct 11 at 4:07:53 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Also,     

That makes sense to I assume most of the rational people out there.  Marketing is a multi-billion dollar industry, and leaving it to the professionals is likely best.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 10/11/2019 at 04:08 PM by MrMark0673

Oct 11 at 4:09:41 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
That is probably the best thing to do.

Oct 11 at 4:10:46 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Also,     

That makes sense to I assume most of the rational people out there.  Marketing is a multi-billion dollar industry, and leaving it to the professionals is likely best.

As I say, if you know someone toss em my way!

Oct 11 at 4:11:41 PM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Splain

Are we trying to pretend that Purple Ganon doesn't mean anything? No, its meaning is exactly why it has legs. I'm fine if it gets picked, but we mostly agree that if the definition were readily available, it would turn people away. That means we're purposefully planning to be secretive about the name, so that when new people join and say "haha, why Purple Ganon?" we can all say "idk lol" and then give each other high-fives and purple ganons while we giggle about our inside joke. Cool community.

If we're forthcoming about the joke, it will 100% find its way back to UD.

I dunno where you're getting this image from of everyone being secretive about it and not giving a proper answer when someone asked, I'm just saying that by the time someone would come to the forum and ask, they probably wouldn't care much about what it actually meant, and that's if we're assuming that they WOULD care before they joined the site. I mean don't get me wrong it almost certainly won't be picked by this point, but I never at any point said we'd have to be super secretive about it when anyone asks and giggle to ourselves that we're the only ones who know it, that's just massively over exaggerating it.

Former NES Sharp TV Owner

Oct 11 at 4:13:16 PM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Also,     

Yeah, if we can find a few people that fit the bill I think that probably would be for the best, since we've already agreed upon names that are at least better than some of the other ones in the running, and maybe these hypothetical people would be way better at coming up with a decent name than us. Perhaps if they decided on a name, or maybe shortened it to 2 or 3, we could have one more community poll to decide if everyone likes the name they land on, or so we can decide which of the 2 or 3 names everyone likes best, since by that point it would be final.

Former NES Sharp TV Owner

Edited: 10/11/2019 at 04:14 PM by ZeldaFreak

Oct 11 at 4:21:57 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Why doesn't someone just make a new forum and we go to it. If you want a successful forum you need to bring in new people. This place is dead. The way it's being done now is as if the idea is to shift users from here to the new one, but not to create growth. Whatever the forum is called, it should be for all games and systems, divided up into sections for each on. No separate forum for PlayStation and Atari and Nintendo. All in one.

Oct 11 at 4:26:21 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Why doesn't someone just make a new forum and we go to it. If you want a successful forum you need to bring in new people. This place is dead. The way it's being done now is as if the idea is to shift users from here to the new one, but not to create growth. Whatever the forum is called, it should be for all games and systems, divided up into sections for each on. No separate forum for PlayStation and Atari and Nintendo. All in one.
Uh, that's always been the plan. Have you not read the two other threads about this?

Oct 11 at 4:37:24 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
What do y'all think of GlovesOffGames.com? >_>