Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Nintendo Aftermarket Price Guide Homebrews/Repros/Translations/Ports/Unreleased Games. Prices taken from the internet and listed inside.

May 22, 2013 at 8:17:44 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
"Da Newly Renamed Homebrew/Repro/Translation/Unreleased Games that are Either Discontinued or Limited Edition Price Guide"

Hello there, traveller from the future! Welcome to my completely imperfect price guide!

Like the 3/5 screw rarity list, I feel that the Homebrew games need a consistant price guide. A lot of homebrews, mostly the discontinued and Limited Edition titles, are continuing to come up for auction with increasing prices. For those of you who are just finding out about homebrews and repros aftermarket games, knowing how to price an item can be tough. Luckily, there are some nerds out there, like me, who for some reason find enjoyment in watching what these games sell for.

Therefore, I will be doing my best to keep track of prices on this thread, continually updating the main post. In the end, it should look something like Price Charting, but for Homebrew Aftermarket titles, with links to the auctions I got the prices from. If I do a good enough job, maybe this shit'll get stickied. We'll see.

To start, I will be using a combination of two posts: udisi's thread of homebrew prices and beaglepuss' price check on a massive lot of repros/homeb... I also stole a bunch of information from udisi's post on the homebrew forums, as well as nesguy's ongoing thread keeping track or the rare homebrew's homes, Dr. Robbie's Guide, and nesworld's massive list of all games ever.

That, coupled with all the homebrews aftermarket games I've bought in the past couple years, should give the newbie a decent idea of what these things might be worth in this retro crazed market!

If the game is still available, I have added hyperlinks so you can buy it at retail price. No reason people should buy Battle Kid or Assimilate for double the price when they could just go to the source. Genius idea. Also, I will try and find sources for where these all came from, whether it was a thread, website, etc. I'm always searching for answers. Would be nice to have a guide that does it for me.

If you're looking for Repros, why don't you check out Gwyndion's ongoing list or reliable repros makers here before buying off ebay. Or if you're looking for Homebrews, why don't you check out SoleGoose's ongoing list of titles that are currently available here before making an overpriced deal not in your favor. You might save yourself a few simoleons...

DISCLAIMER: Prices are what last known copy sold for or an average of the last few sales.

Soon to be a website!

Originally posted by: Buyatari

Homebrews and after market releases should never be collectable.

Originally posted by: buyatari2

I can't imagine that many outside of NA care this much about them and would think that the prices/demand would eventually crash under the weight of an ever increasing number of self made titles.

Originally posted by: Private Joker

I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir!

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 05/26/2019 at 09:35 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 22, 2013 at 8:21:45 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Ya spelled Grimalkin wrong buddy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grimalkin...
Also it sold for $106. There's only one you have to find yourself concerned with on this front. It'd be cool if you added publishers to your chart too

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

May 22, 2013 at 8:27:41 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Great ideas! I'm very open to comments and will make changes. I would also love any help in case I miss something.

Glad that was the first thing you noticed, rhough. Shoot, I just thought of a couple titles I need to add after seeing you here!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 05/22/2013 at 08:35 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 22, 2013 at 8:35:49 PM
rusticmeadows (5)

(BGK ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
I would suggest adding production numbers if they are readily known. Some of these titles are extremely volatile and somewhat dependent on whether it is a collector selling or a buyer trying to pry one out of a collection. You are awesome for taking on this challenge!

May 22, 2013 at 8:41:36 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I believe Airwalk Games currently sells Assimilate for $37.

Playas Guide Logo

May 22, 2013 at 8:49:52 PM
Phins (68)
Utah
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
Here's a list of all my titles so you don't have to scrounge.

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
This, is Outer Heaven.

May 22, 2013 at 9:14:22 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
What about limited repro run stuff? Like the "Pie in yo face" edition of DK and the version of New Ghostbusters II that Dream released?

May 22, 2013 at 9:17:01 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

What about limited repro run stuff? Like the "Pie in yo face" edition of DK and the version of New Ghostbusters II that Dream released?
You read my mind Dave. I came in just to ask about that. Others I would like to see are Splatterhouse, Super Maruo and Goonies by Johnnyphantom.

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

May 22, 2013 at 10:41:00 PM
NESHomebrew (21)
(Brad Bateman - Strange Brew Games) < King Solomon >
Saskatchewan
I could have sworn that this already exists.

May 22, 2013 at 10:46:05 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Mind if I merge this into my NES list?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

May 22, 2013 at 11:13:38 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Great list!

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

May 22, 2013 at 11:16:49 PM
Phins (68)
Utah
I have to admit, I like seeing my name on things. Call me vain buuuut

This, is Outer Heaven.

May 22, 2013 at 11:21:11 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Super Bat Puncher always gets forgotten.

Also, no way that Smb 2j from retrozone can be had for 45

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

May 22, 2013 at 11:38:10 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
You might want to consider dropping the 1/1 games off, since you're only getting a 'value' whenever somebody decides to let one go.

I realize that's how everything works, but there's some stuff people are just never gonna let go of.

Edited: 05/22/2013 at 11:39 PM by captmorgandrinker

May 22, 2013 at 11:48:46 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: WhatULive4

I could have sworn that this already exists.

I wanted one with all the numbered or discontinued titles.

Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Mind if I merge this into my NES list?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

Do it.

Originally posted by: JD

Super Bat Puncher always gets forgotten.

Also, no way that Smb 2j from retrozone can be had for 45
I don't know if I have seen one sell since it was discontinued. I spent all night just updating the list and rounding it out with the makers and run numbers. I have about 25 ebay sales from the past month or so that will update the sale prices on a bunch of these games, it might be one of them. But yes, I agree, that stuff will probably increase soon.

Edited: 05/22/2013 at 11:49 PM by Ferris Bueller

May 23, 2013 at 12:06:11 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Yeah, I agree with Ferris, some people like to leave stuff off. I prefer a complete list, allthough, I've seen others before also.

I'll see what I can dig up on SMB 2j

In the mean time, add Super Bat Puncher for $200 and 20 were produced.

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

May 23, 2013 at 12:13:22 AM
Phins (68)
Utah
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
You forgot Project PAL NTSC.

This, is Outer Heaven.

May 23, 2013 at 8:35:49 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
Texas
I almost think that the only games that should be on here are ones that are limited in number. Certain reports can be had for cheaper then you have them listed, however it would be a different maker. For example Gradius 2, Gimmick or SMB2J can still be purchased.

www.hagensalley.com

May 23, 2013 at 8:40:16 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
Texas
Also you need to add the Escape from Atlantis CIB prototype reproduction. There were only 25 made and you had to supply your own color dreams donor cart to get it! One thread estimated $100-$150 but I'm not sure on that value.

www.hagensalley.com

May 23, 2013 at 8:52:35 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

I almost think that the only games that should be on here are ones that are limited in number. Certain reports can be had for cheaper then you have them listed, however it would be a different maker. For example Gradius 2, Gimmick or SMB2J can still be purchased.

That's why I included the publisher.

I know where this is going, so I guess I'll explain my reasoning now on why Retrozone is getting special treatment. First, they make great product. Their clear cases and new hardware make them stand out in the crowd. Second, we know that half their product has been discontinued. Like you're pointing out, others are still making repros, but Retrozone's repros are easy enough to pick out on an ebay listing. Third, we know the cost of the original product. With other repros, the prices varies by the maker. Want a Mr. Gimmick repro? Find someone who can make it and pay their price. Retrozone's game, though, were the same price every purchase. And now the only way to get them is to buy a copy from someone else.

Say another big time repro publisher quit making a certain game. Well, as long as the rom is available, and the sticker, someone else can make that game at any given time. It just doesn't stand out to me like a Retrozone game does.

I suppose someone could argue against my reasoning, but I know I'm right. So there you go.  

Originally posted by: thesubcon3

Also you need to add the Escape from Atlantis CIB prototype reproduction. There were only 25 made and you had to supply your own color dreams donor cart to get it! One thread estimated $100-$150 but I'm not sure on that value.
Is this for certain? I thought you could still send in donor carts and get these made? Which is why I didn't include.

Edited: 05/23/2013 at 08:54 AM by Ferris Bueller

May 23, 2013 at 9:27:34 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Round One... Price!

Suduko   Don Doko Don #14   Happy Camper #123/250
60.99   51   69

PowerPak   8 Bit XMas 2011   Grimalkin Ice Hockey #1/1
142.5   50.99   106

Battle Kid   Vs. Super Mario Bros.   Don Doko Don #?
51.99   61   112.5

8-Bit Xmas 2012   Ultimate Frogger   Buzz & Waldog
83.63   71.09   66.99

Mike Ditka's Big Play Football   Splatterhouse   BAN Bust-A-Nut 1st Edition #28
99.99   71   110.28

Assimilate   Sneak 'N Peek Homebrew #88/100   8-Bit Xmas 2012
102.5   91   143.5

8 Bit XMas 2011   Hoppin' Mad   8-Bit Xmas 2011
39.99, didn't sell   106.5   151

Dragon Feet NintendoAge Edition   Homebrew World Championships 2012 #21   8-Bit Xmas 2010
139.99   162.61   161.38

Edited: 05/23/2013 at 09:34 AM by Ferris Bueller

May 23, 2013 at 10:06:13 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Round One... Price!

Homebrew World Championships 2012 #21

Didn't realize one of these had already been resold

May 23, 2013 at 11:34:16 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Paul

Yeah, but if you follow the links to the auctions, almost all of those were from one person. I don't think he said anything on here, but it looked like he sold the collection. It was a ton of homebrews, repros, and A-list games. Auctions were a little close together (most were one minute apart), but dude banked. Seems like when someone does that, it's usually because of life. You know?

I also think that having that many rares listed at one time brought him higher sales. Comparing what his stuff sold for to say, that random Don Doki Don cart that sold a week or so later, he got double on most of his items. If there is anything to be learned, do it all it once. Wish I had been paying attention and knew a little bit more when Etler sold his collection...

May 23, 2013 at 12:17:55 PM
rusticmeadows (5)

(BGK ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: Paul

Yeah, but if you follow the links to the auctions, almost all of those were from one person. I don't think he said anything on here, but it looked like he sold the collection. It was a ton of homebrews, repros, and A-list games. Auctions were a little close together (most were one minute apart), but dude banked. Seems like when someone does that, it's usually because of life. You know?

I also think that having that many rares listed at one time brought him higher sales. Comparing what his stuff sold for to say, that random Don Doki Don cart that sold a week or so later, he got double on most of his items. If there is anything to be learned, do it all it once. Wish I had been paying attention and knew a little bit more when Etler sold his collection...

For reference:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

Most of them went to another NA member.  I believe he sold the repos and some of his duplicates to fund the pursuit of a complete set.

Edited: 05/23/2013 at 12:18 PM by rusticmeadows

May 23, 2013 at 12:26:18 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Thanks for the link, makes me smile that a NA member got it.