Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New-in-box Conker's Bad Fur Day PAL / EUR Seriously? Must be rare.

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:03:35 PM
Dark Highlander (0)
(The Dark Highlander) < Little Mac >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Ok64ismine

They go for much higher in Sweden, as stated in previous comments .

If you say so then.

I still think you are dreaming though if you think you can get that for $450 based on the first guess on this thread though especially from a guy who stated he wasn't that certain in the first place. But it's your game and you can put it up for sale whatever price you like nobody is stopping you. Who knows you may even get lucky as i've seen a few nutters out there on Ebay before, ones who pay £10,000 for a sealed copy of Secret of Mana..... 

The guy has made a good point about actually checking inside to see if indeed you have the right game inside the box and even test to see if it is working, and i would do that now before waiting later when you sell it before the guy that originally sold it to you forgets about the sale. Even more so if what you are saying is true that the carts alone go for as much as £60.
Just some friendly advice mate.

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:52:58 PM
Cabanon (53)
(Louis Duquet) < Lolo Lord >
Quebec

also Sweden is not worldwide. remember you can purchase whatever the hell you want from anywhere in this world. so if your copy is 450$ while the other one is France is 65$, the who the hell will buy it. not because its rare as hell in Sweden that its rare as hell elsewhere. its just a PAL game CIB like the rest of Europe had.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:17:00 PM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Just FYI - the box does look like it has been opened. I see a white crease line along the left side in back, where it was opened.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:18:58 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: rarebucky

Just FYI - the box does look like it has been opened. I see a white crease line along the left side in back, where it was opened.

I thought that too but I think it's the light reflecting off the black?

-------------------------
Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:05:50 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

(Karl Olsson) < Little Mac >
Sweden
Originally posted by: Cabanon

also Sweden is not worldwide. remember you can purchase whatever the hell you want from anywhere in this world. so if your copy is 450$ while the other one is France is 65$, the who the hell will buy it. not because its rare as hell in Sweden that its rare as hell elsewhere. its just a PAL game CIB like the rest of Europe had.

Well, it's a fact that they go for higher in Sweden, what more can I say? Well, if it really is new-in-box there's a fair chance that the game is being worth much more than an opened copy, but since you guys won't trust that it's never been open we can count that out of the equation. I've said it'll probably sell for around $170 in Sweden, no doubts about it. Often people count away Ebay as an option and buy inside the country.

And if someway this did sound very rude, it was not intended. It's just that the swedish market is very different from the Ebay market, and as I said people count it out of the equation .

And I thank you all for helping me out when it comes to consider it as new, or not. 

I'm 12, what is this?

Edited: 03/08/2012 at 07:04 AM by Ok64ismine

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:00:01 AM
Dark Highlander (0)
(The Dark Highlander) < Little Mac >
United Kingdom
It's not that we don't trust you, you just seem a little naive in thinking that there is absolutely no chance the game has already been opened up.
I still strongly suggest that you check to see if it's the right game inside and that it indeed works before it's too late. Who knows, maybe even your seller friend got conned into buying this himself and was also told "this game is brand new, don't open it"....

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:37:50 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Yeah, I will consider that the day I'll sell it . I do actually thank you for pointing some of the flaws our since it's always good to have another collectors opinion! Yeah, that's a possibility aswell!

Anyways: Marking it down for the value that's in Sweden today. When it's sold it will be sold in Sweden, so that's the price that will apply to it!

I'm 12, what is this?

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:50:36 PM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Been goofing around alot since this was up last time. Haven't seen a single sealed PAL-version of Conker's, and I'm telling you: I have been looking everywere.

The reason I'm taking this up again is that the middle-man (my friend) got another stated brand-new Conker's from the same seller. The guy whom he bought it from got it from a local store that went out of business a couple of years ago, and they've just been sitting on a shelf until he picked them up, and finally sold the second copy he had.

I'm 12, what is this?

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:02:27 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: Dark Highlander

CIB UK released version usually go between £40-£100 depending on condition.

I've got many SNES games that are in mint condition and even some that are extremely rare. With a decent amount of care i can actually take the games out without so much as bending or stressing any part of the packaging.
So you will have a hard time convincing folk this hasn't been opened without the cellophane or any other kind of seal regardless if it originally came with one or not.
This.  People will try and convince themselves that it is possible to prove a non-sealed game hasn't been opened.  It's not possible.

You won't see a (legit) sealed copy of this game because they don't exist.

Edited: 01/30/2013 at 07:03 PM by pegboy

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:20:57 PM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
So consoles that never came with a seal can't be proven new either? Not trying to provoke, but the chain that follows this copy is:

Distributor -> Store -> Collector / seller -> Middle-man / my friend / seller -> Me

When having a closer look at the old discussion I almost have to agree with you and since I've got almost no authority here on NA it'll be impossible for me to convince you guys. I think I must be damaged by the swedish collectors when it comes to NIB games. As stated above: we never got any of our NES-games sealed from the factory as you guys did, and I guess there's no way of proving they're new in box, but collectors take the word of other collectors.

And I'm sure I messed up my grammar a bunch, but you'll probably understand what I mean.

I'm 12, what is this?

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:49:12 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
First of all, I'm not saying that it hasn't been opened, I'm saying that it's impossible to know one way or the other. It's part of the reason I would never pay a premium for stuff that is supposedly new but was never sealed. I treat them just like any other mint condition CIB game.

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:53:19 AM
sammyboy (12)

(sam T) < Meka Chicken >
United Kingdom
Hi there,
There's a forum called sealed game haven,
I'm pretty sure there'd be able to tell you if that game ever came sealed or not.
Cheers Sam.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:44:00 AM
bblancobrnx (1)

(Benjamin Bruinsma) < Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
Would VGA be comfortable making a determination whether or not the game had ever been opened if they graded it?

bblancobrnx

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:49:51 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: bblancobrnx

Would VGA be comfortable making a determination whether or not the game had ever been opened if they graded it?

Yes they will provide that service, you should post these pics in the VGA thread under the collectors forum.  If they deem it's been opened they may grade it "qualified". You should post these pics in the VGA thread under collectors corner.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:17:38 AM
Holy-SNES (47)
(Almost there :D) < Meka Chicken >
Victoria
Originally posted by: pegboy

First of all, I'm not saying that it hasn't been opened, I'm saying that it's impossible to know one way or the other. It's part of the reason I would never pay a premium for stuff that is supposedly new but was never sealed. I treat them just like any other mint condition CIB game.

Old topic which I think I'll have a post in

Firstly, a PAL Conker's sealed has yet to be discovered, and more then likely never actually came sealed.
Like what was posted before, if it is sealed then it's either a distributor seal (highly unlikely), a store seal (not legit) or a re-seal, until proven otherwise

Secondly, it IS possible to tell whether a game box HAS been opened before, and if it has, whether the game cart itself HAS been used.
It's very hard to see as the angle you have taken the pic from is direct birds eye, but from what I can see in picture 6, it looks as though that box has been opened.
You can tell this by the faint crease line you can see running down the edge of the box, at the bottom down the side flap.
When a box is opened, the paint down the side actually ever so slightly cracks.
This is caused by the pressure put against the paint when you bend the flap down to remove the insert.
This causes what is called a 'crease line' that runs down the boxes edge.
Have a look at all your CIB's and every 'opened' game will have this.

To tell if the cart is used, simply look at the pins!
You can tell a fresh brand new cart a mile away... The feel, the look, the smell... Oh how I love the smell of new retro stuff
But if these factors are not a dead giveaway, the pins will tell you everything.
Insert that game into a SNES even once and it will leave the slightest indentations from the SNES connector.

An example of a non-sealed unopened box...

An example of a non sealed opened box with brand new contents...
(I had to use this game for the example )