Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zero Feedback Ebay Buyers? Do you stay away?

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:05:27 AM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Hey NA,

I have come across my first 0 feedback buyer(just an offer so far). Pretty crazy considering i have over 600 feedback.

With all the horror stories i hear from Ebay sellers i am a bit hesitant to accept their offer as this is a $700 item. Is this something i should stay away from completely? Are their ways i can safeguard myself? Or is it pretty much just a crapshoot thanks to Ebays policies? 

I could definitely use the money, but would be pretty bummed if i got scammed or something out of my money, or sent back a damaged item.

Thanks for your advice!

-------------------------
gamevaluenow

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:09:54 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I mean, to be fair, there are ways in which ebay protects you if you accept the offer and they don't pay. Otherwise it is a total crapshoot. Personally, I take extensive care to document everything that I sell so that way if they try to pull something I have proof. I've gotten out of stuff that way. But other than that, everyone has to start somewhere. Like you said, they only sent an offer, if you are not comfortable, do not take the risk and just decline the offer.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:16:49 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I've had more issues with people that have 100-200 feedback on ebay than zero feedbackers.

It's likely somebody that was googling to buy what you have, and they either made an account to buy it or reactivated a dormant one.

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:26:53 AM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I've had more issues with people that have 100-200 feedback on ebay than zero feedbackers.

It's likely somebody that was googling to buy what you have, and they either made an account to buy it or reactivated a dormant one.
Yeah this is what i figured, and this is what they responded with when i explained to them why i was concerned about accepting their offer. They said they understood my concerns, that they were 19 and now that they were making money wanted to treat themself to my item.(Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes)

gamevaluenow

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:45:37 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I will message the seller first and create a dialogue. I have seen signs pop up and they go to ebay after they find out its worth 1 Million dollars.

Edited: 06/11/2018 at 09:45 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:10:27 AM
RetroRewired (41)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Zero feedback buyers can be the best because as someone else said, they may have joined just to buy your item (sometimes the BIN) and just want it delivered and won't ever come back. I haven't ever had an issue I don't think with zero feedback buyers.

I'm always on the hunt for broken disc-based consoles, PM me.
My eBay store: http://ebay.com/usr/nullmods

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:16:41 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I always look at the join date too. I feel much better if the 0-feedback account wasn't created on the same day. Then, check for confirmed address on the paypal address for sure.

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:22:41 AM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
I always message them first and ask "did you just sign up for this item" or "is there a reason you have no feedback?" If they dont respond, I usually dont send. I have found that sometimes it is just someone new looking for something and they have never bought on eBay. A couple months ago I had a girlfriend who wanted a Master System for her boyfriend, she had zero feedback and even asked me to write a Happy Birthday note in the box. Lol. So ya never know.

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:25:56 AM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

I always look at the join date too. I feel much better if the 0-feedback account wasn't created on the same day. Then, check for confirmed address on the paypal address for sure.
They signed up the same day they sent me the offer. 

gamevaluenow

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:28:39 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
It makes sense it would be the same day if they signed up to buy your item. Plus, if it was an auction, you wouldn't even have this choice...I don't know if that helps, but as long as you take the regular seller precautions and ship smart, you're probably fine and just worried because this is a big ticket item.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:34:34 AM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

It makes sense it would be the same day if they signed up to buy your item. Plus, if it was an auction, you wouldn't even have this choice...I don't know if that helps, but as long as you take the regular seller precautions and ship smart, you're probably fine and just worried because this is a big ticket item.
Yeah that is basically how i feel. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a 0 feedback buyer if it was like a $100 or less item. But $700 is a lot of money. I am probably just being paranoid as i am sure there are way more transactions that go perfectly fine with 0 feedback buyers than ones that don't. But the scam stories i hear always scare me away these days because it seems so easy to rip someone off if you really wanted to.

Any tips on things i can do to protect myself as best as possible? It is a bit of a complicated item to list because it 7 DVD box sets spanning 42 disks. I'll take pictures of all 42 disks if i have to lol unfortunately you can't list that many pictures. 

gamevaluenow

Edited: 06/11/2018 at 10:47 AM by xMaGuSx

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:37:56 AM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
I have it set to not accept any buyers without a certain amount of positive feedback within the past 6 months or so.

Jun 11, 2018 at 11:52:20 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Yeah that is basically how i feel. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a 0 feedback buyer if it was like a $100 or less item. But $700 is a lot of money. I am probably just being paranoid as i am sure there are way more transactions that go perfectly fine with 0 feedback buyers than ones that don't. But the scam stories i hear always scare me away these days because it seems so easy to rip someone off if you really wanted to.

Any tips on things i can do to protect myself as best as possible? It is a bit of a complicated item to list because it 7 DVD box sets spanning 42 disks. I'll take pictures of all 42 disks if i have to lol unfortunately you can't list that many pictures. 
That is an awesome set!

If you know a little HTML, I think you can stick the photos all in the description part. Or, I could combine all images into one for you. If you need any help with that, hit me up in a PM.  

What ever you do, I would say good luck. $700 is a big shipment. I would get it insured, probably have it be signed on delivery, and possibly record an uninterrupted video with a gopro or something packing everything and shipping it to the PO as evidence that's it's been shipped out.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:03:06 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Everyone starts off at zero, but the fact that it's a $700 item makes it suspicious. Why would someone who never used eBay be so trusting with $700? I'd personally refuse the offer and let them buy a $20 item first, then move on up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:04:33 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
My wife has created a side account before to buy high dollar items without me knowing (for a gift). So, there is always that possibility.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:19:59 PM
Davec13 (0)
(Dave W) < Crack Trooper >
New York

Excuse my ignorance, but why is that worth $700? I had all the vhs tapes and started replacng those with dvd's years ago. I finally just bought all the bluray in a bundle on amazon for under $200 and dropped the vhs/dvd at goodwill. Maybe I should have saved them.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:23:22 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Davec13

Excuse my ignorance, but why is that worth $700? I had all the vhs tapes and started replacng those with dvd's years ago. I finally just bought all the bluray in a bundle on amazon for under $200 and dropped the vhs/dvd at goodwill. Maybe I should have saved them.
They are a limited print set called the Dragon Boxes. They are the only way to watch DBZ uncropped in 4:3 and not cropped and cut for 16:9. The quality of them also keeps all the grain and look of the show. Also has the original japanese soundtrack with english dub. 

The orange boxes were garbage. The blurays were a step up, but where it is still cropped a lot of people don't like them. So this set is the only way to watch it in its original format. They go between $500-$1000 on ebay depending on the market and condition because they are hard to find.

gamevaluenow

Edited: 06/11/2018 at 02:26 PM by xMaGuSx

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:43:19 PM
Davec13 (0)
(Dave W) < Crack Trooper >
New York

They are a limited print set called the Dragon Boxes. They are the only way to watch DBZ uncropped in 4:3 and not cropped and cut for 16:9. The quality of them also keeps all the grain and look of the show. Also has the original japanese soundtrack with english dub. 

The orange boxes were garbage. The blurays were a step up, but where it is still cropped a lot of people don't like them. So this set is the only way to watch it in its original format. They go between $500-$1000 on ebay depending on the market and condition because they are hard to find.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not that much of an anime purist that it would bother me enough to find a limited set.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:46:05 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not that much of an anime purist that it would bother me enough to find a limited set.
Yeah you are not alone. A lot of people don't mind the blurays, and they did a much better job. Instead of just cropping dead center like they did on the orange bricks. On the blurays they went through each scene and selectively cropped them so the important is in as much of the frame as possible.

Where it is my favorite anime, and Toriyama one of my favorite artists, i treated myself to this one. Don't even want to sell them   

gamevaluenow

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:50:16 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Yeah, I was fine with the orange sets myself. I mostly put them on when I was younger and went about my business doing other stuff. Like cleaning. So, yeah, never paid much attention to what was on screen.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:18:33 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

orange boxes were garbage?

I dont think people who want to just watch the show give a crap about cropping etc. The orange boxes had the option for the english faulconer music which is probably what alot of people who want to watch the show want anyway. Its dragonball z for godsake lol. Its not that serious.

I understand there are better qualities of the show released. But garbage? pretty hyperbole.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/11/2018 at 04:20 PM by quest4nes

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:36:48 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Be sure to get signature confirmation.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:40:55 PM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Asking in here as well, I'm having a problem with a 0 buyer on ebay. He bought some ps2/ps3 game cases with the manuals but he was expecting the games to be with these cases but I stated in bold that there are no games with this listing and I showed in the pictures and now he wants a refund. Can ebay force me to refund him when I've done no wrong here?

Games I'm Trying To Complete

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:38:08 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: quest4nes

orange boxes were garbage?

I dont think people who want to just watch the show give a crap about cropping etc. The orange boxes had the option for the english faulconer music which is probably what alot of people who want to watch the show want anyway. Its dragonball z for godsake lol. Its not that serious.

I understand there are better qualities of the show released. But garbage? pretty hyperbole.
Whatever you say Quest lol You never can understand that someone may have a different opinion than you for some reason. Just cause i think it is garbage doesn't mean it is, you might think it is great. I think they suck, the colors are overblown and it is cropped horribly. We go through this a lot it seems because my opinions seem to anger you. If you think i am exaggerating that is fine, but to me the issues are legit. 

For some of us, cropping a giant portion of the image off IS a big deal. For some scenes krillin and gohan can be completely cut out because of their height. Totally cool if you don't mind it. Just means you can get a cheaper set and enjoy it. It is one of my favorite series, so for this one i treated myself to getting in the best quality i could. For other shows i don't care as much.

But i am also the guy that has a PVM and goes through great lengths to play in RGB and get the best looking image i can, when others are totally fine with S-video or even playing on a flat screen. To each their own dude.

gamevaluenow

Edited: 06/11/2018 at 05:43 PM by xMaGuSx

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:39:27 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Scrooge McDuck

Asking in here as well, I'm having a problem with a 0 buyer on ebay. He bought some ps2/ps3 game cases with the manuals but he was expecting the games to be with these cases but I stated in bold that there are no games with this listing and I showed in the pictures and now he wants a refund. Can ebay force me to refund him when I've done no wrong here?
No you should be good, if you said in the listing it had no games, that is their problem. Unless you have returns enabled. 

gamevaluenow