Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can I voice an unpopular opinion? - I don't particular believe that SM3 got it right

LOCKED TOPIC

Jul 02 at 11:57:49 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
I don't think it is overrated, but my main gripe with the game (and why I think other games got it right, such as the original Super Mario Bros) was that it was NOT an overall fun game to play. The original SMB was challenging, but not overly difficult to just be difficult. Of course, it was challenging at points but it was always a fun game with great music that made you want to play it.

When nintendo got to super mario 3, it tried to "mask" the eviliness of that game with "Just what I needed," blah blah blah. But you have a million enemies trying to kill you. It was not a fun game anymore. Compare that to say Yoshi's world, which I think WAS fun. And Super Mario Land 2: 6 golden coins, to me, at least hit the mark in every way. The game was so fun to figure out the lowkey puzzle aspect. I would almost say that 6 Golden Coins might me be the best mario game around. It was way ahead of its time, you didn't feel like there were cheap deaths or that you had to execute a mozart-esque move to get through a section perfectly like in Super Mario 3.

Bottom line, I think SM3 failed at being what a mario game should be, which is fun. Period. 

Edited: 07/03/2019 at 12:00 AM by 14u2ponder

Jul 03 at 12:04:13 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
*spraying flame retardant over computer screen*

Jul 03 at 12:07:54 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
There's a thread for this, please post there: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

-------------------------