Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:08:41 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
You know what? I'm gonna be flat out honest here. I want to get this off my mind...

Is Dream only interested in a profit first and foremost on his protos? Am I wrong? (again I don't intend for this to sound offensive)

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:21:53 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Guntz

You know what? I'm gonna be flat out honest here. I want to get this off my mind...

Is Dream only interested in a profit first and foremost on his protos? Am I wrong? (again I don't intend for this to sound offensive)

Oh here we go.....

This is what happens when I don't give away something for free. The "next" step is for said person to bring this up.

Again, buy the thing yourself. If I find it and spend 928398289$ on all my stuff and 29372832783 man hours to find stuff I am not giving it away because you think it is the right thing to do. I've already had 1298218918298 of my protos dumped, some free, some not free, and I can definitely say over 1,000 including disk have come from my hands...

You may not mean it to sound offensive but it's another one of those things turning me into being evil.

You have a car right? I would like the car. Give it to me. Why? Because I want it. This is not a communist country. You have a TON of people on this forum buying/selling and making money on production games/systems/sealed stuff and for some reason people that want protos bring this up with me.

I am not about profit first and foremost, but I know I have something no one has so it is my right if I want a ton of money for it. I've practically GIVEN tons of things away at my super low prices but don't ever bring up this garbage again just because it's a prototype. I am sick and tired of this double standard crap that keeps getting throw my way by uneducated and uninformed people.

Now I am sure you think I am an asshole. Welcome to the club. Many people do for some reason when they don't know me, but when time and time again a dead horse like this is beaten because continuously people don't do their research about what stuff has been dumped before and who has done it and who owns what and just automatically tries and bring their "moral" values up for this whole thing.

I mean what do you want? First I said I would never release it. Now I am open to selling it, now this is brought up? I mean, do you want the game or not or are you going to just randomly talk about it on a forum with no purpose?

Bottom line: I bended slightly, said I would sell it. This "good for the community thing" doesn't play well because all the people asking are angry ROM guys saying I am hoarding but won't pony up to buy it after I said I won't dump it.

It's not my decision to dump it. Let someone else buy it and make it, but no one has a right to think what I should and should not do with it.

Go yell at the VGA guys or the variant guys "profiting" off stuff for once.

I mean, if you are a philanthropist by all means you have a say but if you aren't giving away your possessions when people ask then you should not by any means be bringing up anything about profiting or what I pay for stuff or whatever. No one is bugging the guys with VGA plastic crazy prices on this forum but all of a sudden this is just another case of me shaking my head about how ridiculous people can be "assuming" stuff.

I mean the bottom line is there is only one of these. If you found an NWC on the floor or Stadium Events and you wanted to sell it, what would you do? You would want the most money for it, right? I am not even actively TRYING to sell this, in fact I was just POINTED TOWARDS this thread and asked to respond. I just know that you would have to be drunk and high to not want the most money for something you are selling and this is even rarer and again, not actively selling, but I am not giving it away either.

Not trying to be evil here, and I apologize if any of this sounds insulting but seriously, what is the issue? There is no difference here to me with these items and anything else production with people selling stuff but for some reason people who don't collect these feel they have a right to see where they do. If that is the case, BUY IT THEN PLEASE. = )

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Edited: 01/13/2012 at 08:33 PM by DreamTR

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:36:33 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Originally posted by: DreamTR

Originally posted by: Guntz

Oh here we go.....

This is what happens when I don't give away something for free. The "next" step is for said person to bring this up.

Again, buy the thing yourself. If I find it and spend 928398289$ on all my stuff and 29372832783 man hours to find stuff I am not giving it away because you think it is the right thing to do. I've already had 1298218918298 of my protos dumped, some free, some not free, and I can definitely say over 1,000 including disk have come from my hands...

You may not mean it to sound offensive but it's another one of those things turning me into being evil.

You have a car right? I would like the car. Give it to me. Why? Because I want it. This is not a communist country. You have a TON of people on this forum buying/selling and making money on production games/systems/sealed stuff and for some reason people that want protos bring this up with me.

I am not about profit first and foremost, but I know I have something no one has so it is my right if I want a ton of money for it. I've practically GIVEN tons of things away at my super low prices but don't ever bring up this garbage again just because it's a prototype. I am sick and tired of this double standard crap that keeps getting throw my way by uneducated and uninformed people.

Now I am sure you think I am an asshole. Welcome to the club. Many people do for some reason when they don't know me, but when time and time again a dead horse like this is beaten because continuously people don't do their research about what stuff has been dumped before and who has done it and who owns what and just automatically tries and bring their "moral" values up for this whole thing.

I mean what do you want? First I said I would never release it. Now I am open to selling it, now this is brought up? I mean, do you want the game or not or are you going to just randomly talk about it on a forum with no purpose?

Bottom line: I bended slightly, said I would sell it. This "good for the community thing" doesn't play well because all the people asking are angry ROM guys saying I am hoarding but won't pony up to buy it after I said I won't dump it.

It's not my decision to dump it. Let someone else buy it and make it, but no one has a right to think what I should and should not do with it.

Go yell at the VGA guys or the variant guys "profiting" off stuff for once.

I mean, if you are a philanthropist by all means you have a say but if you aren't giving away your possessions when people ask then you should not by any means be bringing up anything about profiting or what I pay for stuff or whatever. No one is bugging the guys with VGA plastic crazy prices on this forum but all of a sudden this is just another case of me shaking my head about how ridiculous people can be "assuming" stuff.

I mean the bottom line is there is only one of these. If you found an NWC on the floor or Stadium Events and you wanted to sell it, what would you do? You would want the most money for it, right? I am not even actively TRYING to sell this, in fact I was just POINTED TOWARDS this thread and asked to respond. I just know that you would have to be drunk and high to not want the most money for something you are selling and this is even rarer and again, not actively selling, but I am not giving it away either.

Okay, firstly I get the impression I hit a sensitive nerve, so I apologize. Now, I don't think you're an asshole, but I have never been able to understand you or how you do things... Now I do. Thanks for going to all the trouble of writing all that but now I'm thinking it wasn't such a good idea to post that. I don't want you to change your mind about selling the prototype because others would start hating me next.

In fact, if it makes you feel better, I don't know what all your contributions have been, so just based on that yes I'm being a dick and I apologize...

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:41:17 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Guntz: it's why I don't like dealing with protos, though...people expect them handed to them on a silver platter, that is why I bring up the car/released game analogy. If that is the case, why not just give me your games?

If I don't dump, I am evil, if I sell I am evil...so what's the point? Why collect the things when people have this mentality towards these items ALONE. Makes absolutely no sense.

As far as "understanding" me goes, what does it matter? I don't ever think about understanding someone unless I am dealing with them and we have a transaction that is not going smoothly or we are negotiating. I don't need to be able to understand why Katie Holmes is married to Tom Cruise, nor should it matter to me why braveheart collects variants all day. It's their business, not mine, lol

Edited: 01/13/2012 at 08:44 PM by DreamTR

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:41:42 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Double post

Edited: 01/13/2012 at 08:41 PM by DreamTR

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:56:38 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada

Guntz: it's why I don't like dealing with protos, though...people expect them handed to them on a silver platter, that is why I bring up the car/released game analogy. If that is the case, why not just give me your games?

If I don't dump, I am evil, if I sell I am evil...so what's the point? Why collect the things when people have this mentality towards these items ALONE. Makes absolutely no sense.

As far as "understanding" me goes, what does it matter? I don't ever think about understanding someone unless I am dealing with them and we have a transaction that is not going smoothly or we are negotiating. I don't need to be able to understand why Katie Holmes is married to Tom Cruise, nor should it matter to me why braveheart collects variants all day. It's their business, not mine, lol

Ah, well that's understandable. When you put it it like that, it's easy to see why you have this approach with prototypes...

In my years on the internet, you're one of the more interesting people I've seen. It seems like you have your fingers in almost every aspect of video game collecting...

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:03:47 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
I just like video games and respect their history and just like being involved in many aspects of them. I am much more into pinball/arcade stuff these days than console but haven't forgotten about it. My roots are in arcade and always will be.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:22:42 PM
turntablist1210 (0)
(Turntablist 1210) < Cherub >
United Kingdom

Originally posted by: turntablist1210

soz Guntz wasn't aim at you personally, just seen a few threads where people give these guys grief for not releasing (insert proto name here) for free when they have released so much!

Yeah you should see the You Tube comments...WHEREZ MA STUFF ? BURN ME DA ROMZ....seriously, it's amateur hour with everyone expecting people to just hand over stuff...

havn't had the honour of seeing your channel dream, sounds like a channel i need to subscribe to, any chance of a link?.
Thanks

EDIT: tried a search on YT but brought up other peoples vids mentioning you.

Edited: 01/13/2012 at 10:25 PM by turntablist1210

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:18:39 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
turntablist: I don't have an account or website...I don't really show off my stuff...my friend made a troll YouTube account for Socks because he thought it would be funny with the comments people would make and it didn't disappoint...

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:19:22 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Oh I will officially trade Socks the Cat and and a Mario Kart SNES prototype and a Harvest Moon SNES prototype and maybe a couple of others for a Medieval Madness Pinball machine.

Edited: 01/17/2012 at 12:53 PM by DreamTR

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:49:41 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Best pin ever!!! Cant tell you how many times we skipped school when i was in high school to head down to the bowling alley and play medieval madness!

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:30:59 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
At least there are plenty of Medieval Madnesses to go around. Rarity should not be an issue, lol

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:56:40 AM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
(Richard Smith) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
That's why the game was canned, because nobody could make the first jump.

What are you even supposed to do in that game?

I need the following Xbox games CIB preferred, pm me and I'll throw money at you!
Stubbs the Zombie, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Psychonauts, Sniperelite, Conker Live and Reloaded, Madden '09, Barbie Horse Adventures

Edited: 01/18/2012 at 10:06 AM by SlowJamzMixtape

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:22:47 AM
Starwander (144)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(William Hoskinson) < Meka Chicken >
Colorado

Yeah you should see the You Tube comments...WHEREZ MA STUFF ? BURN ME DA ROMZ....seriously, it's amateur hour with everyone expecting people to just hand over stuff...
Everyone nowadays seems to want everything for free, sad times we live in indeed.

Always buying copies of Crystal Mine. Carts, manuals, boxes, CIB and sealed I want them all.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:31:56 AM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
Tennessee
Man, it would be really funny if someone would post the Youtube messages they have received from those people

I need the following Xbox games CIB preferred, pm me and I'll throw money at you!
Stubbs the Zombie, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Psychonauts, Sniperelite, Conker Live and Reloaded, Madden '09, Barbie Horse Adventures

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:44:59 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee

Originally posted by: Starwander

Everyone nowadays seems to want everything for free, sad times we live in indeed.

Seems to happen more with protos...you could give away everything else but for some reason it is just what is "expected" and you're made out to look bad passive aggressively on forums if you don't do it....I feel bad for anyone who has protos that are unreleased because this is bound to happen if someone finds out about a proto he or she owns....

They won't do it to programmers, though. I'd love to see people respond the way they do to the Police Academy guy. That would be real classy.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:48:00 AM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
Tennessee
I have a Street Fighter 1 proto for Xbox 360 I will release for the low low sum of $15 and half a corned beef sandwich, pm if interested NO FREEBIES

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:05:58 PM
BuckNutty (6)
(Brutus ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Crazy titles like this are why I love learning about the history of games. Some of the craziest stuff and I was to young to know about it since I was only 3 when the SNES came out.

But very nice piece of history there Dream!!

Lets go Bucks!!!

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:29:21 AM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
I like that we've been having the same back and forth argument on forums about this stuff for...well, I can personally vouch for 12 years, were you having these arguments earlier than that Jason?

Is anyone offering money on this thing yet?

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:32:08 PM
introless (24)
(random guy) < Eggplant Wizard >
California

I'm assuming no offer any simple forum dweller makes will be satisfying enough for this game. That unfortunately puts a bad light on everyone interested in seeing proto roms dumped, which I hate to see happen all the time but it's inevitable. I can see the same thing happening for that current Resident Evil for GBC prototype, unless someone comes in and pays off a huge portion of it. Since Socks I know wouldn't be let go unless a lot of money was offered, the best route would be another community type thing where people pay it off so someone gets the cart and dumps it, but there's just too many of those things going on at the moment(specifically originating at Assembler). Adding yet another to the list looks bad since the others can't meet their goal even in a time span of a few months.

Just more proof that prototypes are pretty niche interest, regardless of their historical significance in gaming. And of course, wanting to play them. That's what gaming's all about after all =p This topic has only just been put up so I hope the fact no offers are coming in yet isn't going to give reason to just point out how "selfish" everyone is, since really in the end ones comments only represents themselves, not the whole "community" or whatever you want to call it.

A game like this isn't going to get a satisfying offer from any regular proto enthusiast I think. Nope, they're gonna need to be a die hard fan of Socks himself or something Can't imagine who else will have lots of money and be willing to spend it on this game, since I don't think there's so many people dying to play it as there are just people fascinated with the fact it's unreleased.

Edited: 01/20/2012 at 07:33 PM by introless

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:23:29 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
No, there are offers. It is just a chunk of change to come up with at once....there are three parties interested so far but it's not an overnight thing.

My old Resident Evil GBC proto up for grabs as well...busy busy...but you see, someone bought it from me, and they are doing as they decided with it....

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:25:24 AM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Also, just to clarify, I added trade stuff I wanted for this, so if someone has a Stadium Events box/manual I will glady trade for it.

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:20:03 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
So far nothing has panned out yet, some interested parties but still here waiting

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:15:37 PM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
Tennessee
haha look at the comments section on the Youtube video!

"I'm not here to change your? mind, just state an opposite philosophy. Realistically this software is worthless -- unreleased software with an out-of-date character on an obsolete platform. It's only value is rarity self-imposed by collectors. And any time I've come into possession of something similar, I've always distributed it, free of charge, as fully and completely as I can. There's nothing fun about owning something that no one else can enjoy."

Edited: 02/01/2012 at 01:15 PM by SlowJamzMixtape

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:37:41 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: SlowJamzMixtape

haha look at the comments section on the Youtube video!

"I'm not here to change your? mind, just state an opposite philosophy. Realistically this software is worthless -- unreleased software with an out-of-date character on an obsolete platform. It's only value is rarity self-imposed by collectors. And any time I've come into possession of something similar, I've always distributed it, free of charge, as fully and completely as I can. There's nothing fun about owning something that no one else can enjoy."

I'd love to know the numerous "similar" things the individual has been in possession of...

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...