Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Tips for a successful WTB/WTT thread Read meh!

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:20:19 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
As this forum has gotten busier lately I thought it may be a good idea to make some helpful suggestions so everyone gets the best results here. If you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to PM me and I will consider adding them.

Thanks,

VGD

TIPS for buying/trading stuff with NA members:

1. Post a fair bounty. People want to know what you are looking to pay or offering to trade. If you are not getting response to your thread its because people don't know what you are offering (or its uber rare).

2. Show and Describe your wants. If your looking to buy an obscure item write a detailed description or post a picture of what you are looking for. I've seen a few threads where I wasn't even sure what the person was looking to buy.
  • Be specific. Do you want cart only, manual only, CIB (complete) or some other combination.
  • Are you condition sensitive or just want player copies?

3. Be Clear. If you are offering cash or only trading state that clearly in the thread. I have responded to a few threads where I thought they were buying and I got referred to their trade list. I have nothing against trading but personally most of the time Id rather do a quick sale.

4. Remember this is a collector site. Trying to get an Earthbound for $50 orĀ  trying to trade a Silent Service cart for a Mega Man 5 is just a waste of everyones time. Be fair in both buying and trading. In many cases you may get stuff for less than EBAY prices but people are not going to give their stuff away.

5. Dont be a time waster. If you are looking to buy or trade follow through on it. Putting up a thread and then stringing a bunch of potential sellers along is just bad news. Plus it will probably get you a quick trip into the now famous Nintendoage Hall of Fame!

6. Format is important! If you have a 18 sentence run on paragraph most people are gonna skip over it. Try making a nice looking well formatted thread for best results.
  • Keep your List up to date. If you buy or sell something remove it or cross it out and update the thread. Remove any old pictures.
7. Offer a Finders Fee for really rare/pricey items. Maybe someone knows someone who knows someone who has that highly sought item you are looking to buy.

Any suggestions? PM me.

VGD

Edited: 06/02/2016 at 09:44 AM by NintendoAge Moderator