Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

**NintendoAge Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2016** Who's a Bad Enough Dude to Compete?

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:11:17 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Originally posted by: mbd39

I am just a bit sad that there is no way I will be getting an action/platformer icon this year.
I'd rather kiss a man than play Mario 3, I hate Star Tropics and I am completely terrible at Contra, even though I find it fun to play. Alas.  

I've never played Star Tropics. I thought it was an RPG so it's weird to see it appear as a contest game.

I'm okay at Contra. I beat it without the 30 man code for the first time not too long ago. It's still incredibly fun. I don't own it, but I should get the cart. It's Super C that I'm terrible at.

By the time I reach the second world in SMB3 I've had enough. I like the original Super Mario Bros the best. But the weekly contest might give me the incentive to get good at it.

I could play as Peach on SMB2 and was a really, REALLY happy lass, and there were no cute goombas I had to step on.
Then comes SMB3 and removes my ability to play as Peach and bring back cute goombas and force me to stomp them. :'(
And finally comes SMW that did everything so much better than SMB3 and replaced cute goombas with some monstruosity I don't care stomping.  
So, no, I ain't touching SMB3 no matter what.

As for Contra, I could beat it with the original alotment of lives, but I could never no-death it since I am a pretty terrible player, and definitely never tried to play it for points. Don't think I can.
So no chance for a shiny platformer badge for me this year. Alas.  

At least there's another billiards game this year. I guess Lunar Pool was so popular that they had to give us another one, haha.

-------------------------
Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:15:15 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil

At least there's another billiards game this year. I guess Lunar Pool was so popular that they had to give us another one, haha.

Side pocket has a lot more factors in it's engine and in it's physic's calculations, so it won't be as easy to break as Lunar Pool.
Not that will stop me, of course. I have beaten the SNES version last year and might just as well get pen, paper and my handy calculator to break it open on the NES.  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:17:07 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Side pocket has a lot more factors in it's engine and in it's physic's calculations, so it won't be as easy to break as Lunar Pool.
Not that will stop me, of course. I have beaten the SNES version last year and might just as well get pen, paper and my handy calculator to break it open on the NES.  

I got my Lunar Pool score from hours of trial and error, but it was exhausting. I don't know if I'll try as hard with Side Pocket.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:20:40 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

I got my Lunar Pool score from hours of trial and error, but it was exhausting. I don't know if I'll try as hard with Side Pocket.

Since there are absolutely no games I care to play during August, I will just use the month to break Side Pocket open, bend it to my will then post a max possible score on day one for it and possible the formulas if people care to work their physics and math skills.
Or this will be a good time for them to reconsider having Side Pocket there and replace it with another game.  

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 02:21 PM by Bea_Iank

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:42:39 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
I am aiming to have more top 8 finishes than last year.
I'm not going to miss a single week even when I take my vacation in July. I might have to find someone else's house to break into but most of all I'll be looking to break in my avs!

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:10:07 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Richardhead

I'm gonna watch The Wizard tonight tongwt pumped about SMB 3!
im winning that this year.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:12:31 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Fuck, we're playing bad Street brawler? That game is so bad, but I can get fairly far in it.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:15:15 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
twin cobra is mine. ive only played the other shoot em ups five minutes tops.

guardian legend is NOT a shoot em up. its like a fucked up wanabe crystalis. i dont even know how to get out of the first "action?" stage.

star force plays pretty nice.

no idea what def 2 is.

life force....

im still taking the belt again this year. true back to back shoot em up champ. your favorite player.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:22:00 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Waaah, Palamedes isn't a shooter.  Guardian Legend isn't a shooter.  I don't even know what a Dofonder 2 is

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:26:38 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I might buy some of the cheaper games for the contests.

No way am I paying the big bucks for Felix the Cat and Battletoads/Double Dragon though... no matter how much I love the original Battletoads.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:28:28 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Toxie sold me his copy so he can't beat me this time. Probably.

Stupid Richard probably will though.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:35:24 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
So mbd... how much would you be willing to pay for BTDD?  

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:36:30 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
thanks for running the show guys  

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:38:17 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I am not keen on Battletoads/Double Dragon. It is not a good Battletoads nor a good Double Dragon game.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:40:17 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Waaah, Palamedes isn't a shooter.  Guardian Legend isn't a shooter.  I don't even know what a Dofonder 2 is

hey sandafloor try to get a win in a real title this year   

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:56:27 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
I've been practicing Target Renegade. I'd never played it before. It's a hoot in a cheesy sort of way. It is a very basic beat em up. Fight the same enemies over and over with a limited set of punches and kicks. Picking up items and health is needlessly difficult. You have to press down plus punch at just the right spot, ugh. Why not just press punch? Why is there a separate move for reaching down and picking up stuff??

I made it to the third boss but I couldn't even damage him. I looked it up and turns out you have to use punches as if that makes sense. Damn.

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 06:05 PM by mbd39

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:56:31 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: 42 foot tapewoRm

Puzzles?

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 05:59 PM by Brock Landers

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:01:49 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

I am not keen on Battletoads/Double Dragon. It is not a good Battletoads nor a good Double Dragon game.

I've never played it so I don't know how bad it is. From what I've seen it looks more like the Battletoads game that most people would have wanted, with more focus on the beat em up aspect. But I'm glad that we got the original Battletoads that we got.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:23:02 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Puzzles?
lame! 

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:16:00 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

guardian legend is NOT a shoot em up. its like a fucked up wanabe crystalis. i dont even know how to get out of the first "action?" stage.

You're talking out of your ass here skinny, you gotta do your homework  

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:20:28 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

Toxie sold me his copy so he can't beat me this time. Probably.

Stupid Richard probably will though.
I might !

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:23:55 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Thank again for running this guys.  This will give me an excuse to play games I've never gotten around to trying before (Guardian Legend, Life Force, Kickle Cubicle, etc), stuff I've criminally only played a time or two (Double Dragon II, Contra), and a reason to pick up stuff I never got around to buying

Our pleasure my good Brock!

Some of the games you mention here are absolute NES classics. You should feel embarrassed about it, I'm glad the contest will fix that for you!

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:27:35 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Well, initial tests were done and I am sorry to say guys... The 1st place on Side Pocket is already settled.
This game will be just a wee bit more difficult to break than Lunar Pool.
But fret not! I will post some of the vector mathematics so you lads can figure the rest out! <3

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:47:53 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
I'm probably gonna make a run tomorrow to a local game store and get some of the games on this list, but Im probably gonna suck at most of these.

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 07:48 PM by NESking80

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:38:17 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: guillavoie

You're talking out of your ass here skinny, you gotta do your homework  

its ironic, i just gave this game another try begining of the week (sold a copy here on na).

the first time i played this game i beat the first shoot em stage. when it got to the next part of the game, a bunch of text something sbout activating self desrtuct keys, reactor wtf idk.  zelda type over head exploring wtf am i playing? i just could do it. 

so, like i said, i give it another shot. this time good attitude , this gane is gonna be good, yada yada. nope. same thing, i get as far as buying some upgrade weapons in the (activate self destruct stage) and couldnt take it.

ill definatley be playing the crap put of it in order to defend my title but it aint no twin cobra