Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

We need serious help for the e-zine to continue! This is Serious Business

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:55:45 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Hmmm don't know if this was brought up before but how about as a filler for the mag.
Like a monthly comic strip?

Could be done as a group with a couple of writers/artists to make a story arc.
If theirs some guys who like to do some type of comic project - I would def like to draw it to life hehe

-------------------------

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:14:55 PM
chaneya7683 (69)
(Averil Chaney) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
I've been reading a lot of great ideas for articles but what about some fiction. I would enjoy reading some sort of serial from the viewpoint of certain characters within the gaming community (King Hippo, Mega Man, Yoshi, etc...) Not sure if it would infringe on any copyright laws or anything but if there's any interest I'd give it a stab..

I once told one of my fifth graders that I collected original Nintendos. He replied, "Oh yeah! I've played that, Nintendo 64."  Shaking my head, I laughed. "No, that one has 64 bits. The one I collect is earlier. It has only eight." "Eight! he said. "Eight bits?! That's just wrong!"

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:30:20 AM
VenusSatanas (0)
(Venus Satanas) < Crack Trooper >
Florida
a page for high scores with screenshots would be awesome! kinda like how they did with the old NP mags

"Kyu...Kyu.."

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:53:09 AM
EvilEyeball (24)
(Liam Turner) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
I would be glad to be the subject of a member spotlight, I know I don't have the hugest collection on NA nor do I have anything super rare but still if someone wanted to interview me I'd be glad to be down.

I would also be interested in making/seeing an article with some "Twisted Challenges" like NP used to have where people could challenge things such as "Beat the Super mario bros 1-1 with no controllers plugged into the console *Fun fact it is possible and I've done it, all you need is a piece of wire to touch various pins in the controller port*

-- Currently Collecting --
Canadian Loose 24/64
First Party NES Accessories: Need only Hands Free Controller

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:51:12 AM
VenusSatanas (0)
Florida
back in the day NP made an issue with a special article on how they make NP magazine

"Kyu...Kyu.."

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:40:05 AM
bigjt_2 (17)
(Yeah, I'm a fat bastard.) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Hey do you guys still need anyone to write the homebrew promotional article? Forgive me if I missed it, I kind of had to skim this thread since I'm at work. If you do need someone, I'm game so long as I get to call it "bigjt_2's Homebrew Horhouse." You know, since I'd be whoring other people's games on the collector masses. Seriously, I think that's awsome title.

And no, I WILL NOT be using such an article to whore my OWN game. My game is basically done with its release and has been well-whored. Since I've been done, I've been trying to think of ways I can give back to the nesdev community. This would allow me to give back to the nesdev community by helping other homebrewers promote their games and would also allow me to give back to NA by contributing to the ezine. Right now my pal Derek is getting ready to release Nomolos and 3Gen is right in the middle of his boom release. And though it certainly has plenty of presense already, Sivak has his Battle Kid 2 on the horizon soon.  And I believe Bat Puncher is on the way in a couple of months.  So there's lots to talk about in such an article and I could work my contacts with my homebrew peeps to dig up some stories. If there are no releases around for a certain month (there are some bad dry spells) then I could write about cool demos and stuff being done on nesdev.

Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

"Tell him you'll break his A button pusher."
                                                  --Otto Hanson
"Unlike the Sega Genesis, which will give you cancer."
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 09:41 AM by bigjt_2

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:06:00 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Don't forget the HBWC JOHN!!!!!

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:41:55 AM
bigjt_2 (17)
(Yeah, I'm a fat bastard.) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Paul

Don't forget the HBWC JOHN!!!!!

Yep, yet another thing that needs whored.  See?  There's an abundance of material for such a regular article!  If they let me do this, Paul, HBWC will be first up along with Nomolos and Boom.

Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

"Tell him you'll break his A button pusher."
                                                  --Otto Hanson
"Unlike the Sega Genesis, which will give you cancer."
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:19:52 PM
vladictivo (112)
(Vladi ) < Lolo Lord >
Mexico
I could write something about the "Club Nintendo" magazine from Mexico.

Keeping it custom: vladictivo.deviantart.com

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:21:47 AM
VenusSatanas (0)
Florida
Is there any need for illustrations? I am an artist and I'd love to work with you guys on developing a few illustrations for the 'zine.
Shoot me an email and I will show you my portfolio.

"Kyu...Kyu.."

Edited: 04/11/2012 at 08:24 AM by VenusSatanas

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:33:52 PM
Johnny (155)
(Johnny Iucci) < El Ripper >
California
You are more than welcome to use any of the content from my blog.
http://gameover-johnny.blogspot.c...

~Listen to the Collector's Quest Podcast~
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
   https://soundcloud.com/collectors... 

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:05:25 PM
Infinite Treasures (8)
(Internet Name) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Ideas for articles:

- A Day Hunting With ______ (Member)
Set a max amount a member who volunteers could spend.
Follow a generic set of questions for each member.
Must not post in the finders keeps thread until ezine is out.

- Gamer Recipes?
Special recipes for food that you can eat with one hand and game with the other?

-Monthly score contest?
Pick a game and any member in NA can participate.
Member who wins can give out their tricks and tips on how they got that score.
Usually somebody that good has past experiences playing so they can share that.

I buy low so I can sell low. Come SAVE!
WTB: All variant system boxes for NES,SNES, and N64.

Edited: 04/12/2012 at 11:08 PM by Infinite Treasures

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:40:52 PM
themidnightsee (81)
(Dave W) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
After reading through the various suggestions, the ones that I found most interesting were connected with homebrew games or some other kind of NES mod type thing. Also, the idea of writing an article about the Mexican NES magazine sounded interesting.... it made me think about NES/Famicom stuff from all over the globe. Would be cool to get a native Russian's comments on the "Dendy" or info from someone living in an area of Asia were Famicom/Pirate games are still being produced. I apologize in advance if these have already been covered in previous issues.. I am slowly working my way through them

Here is my current NES collection!
http://my.puregaming.org/?u=92111716

My list on NA is NOT up to date.

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:01:35 PM
Dastari (1)
(Nathan Laws) < Little Mac >
Wisconsin
Oh goody! I actually would love to contribute to the e-zine again. My first article for the zine was published in issue 11 of 2009 and it was the one with my own method of switching out the batteries on NES carts.

I would love to contribute and now that my life is getting more sane I would be able to do this on a regular basis (definitely if the zine was quarterly or bimonthly but I may not be able to do 12 a year if its monthly). The article that I would love to do which would hinge with one of my lifetime goals is:

1.) Play every NES game (I could alternate official releases and homebrews) and every issue I would review a new game. This could be done in tandem with other members playing all the games from the other Nintendo systems

Other things that I could do:

2.) The history of Nintendo. I've been researching the history of console video games for the last few years and could definitely produce some articles on this topic.

3.) Growing up with the NES - a players' perspective. I could see a bunch of us doing this kind of article and having a new member of the forum's article showcased each week.

4.) NES media - A review of the various shows for NES characters from the 80's - Super Mario Bros Super Show, Legend of Zelda, Captain N, Super Mario Bros 3, etc and review those series.

I'd love to see more on programming and modding systems and games because its something that I'd like to learn myself as at this point I only swap out the batteries. I'd also like to say that even though its good that we're trying to base the zine around regular monthly articles, some space should be left open for content that might be unique to an issue or would only run a few issues because some articles and some topics don't really need to have a whole lot said about them but they ought to be covered anyway.

Please let me know if you're interested in any of my topics or would like to suggest other topics that you need someone to cover.

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:40:06 PM
12ianma (6)

(Ian Maize) < Crack Trooper >
United States
This new USB gameboy cart is coming out soon. Is drag and drop and has no battery for save. I could write up a small maybe 500 words on it and it's origins. Email me to let me know of its interesting enough. 12ianma(at)gmail.com

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:41:39 PM
12ianma (6)

(Ian Maize) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Opps her e is link to thread
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/...
Here is link to website

http://mafipulation.org/...