Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Lufia 2 strategy guide Lufia 2 strategy guide

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:43:17 PM
2zappers (0)

< Cherub >
Ok, just picked this up in a big lot of strategy guides and haven't had any luck finding info on it. Was told this is where the people who know are. Looking for a current value so I know where to price when selling.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:53:49 PM
2zappers (0)

< Cherub >
Here's a few more pics

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:10:14 AM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
It's in pretty solid shape.

If you want a quick sell, $30 and it'd go pretty quick.

Could go as high as $50-$55 in my opinion, but I don't really collect strategy guides.

-------------------------

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:18:43 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Commander Santa

It's in pretty solid shape.

If you want a quick sell, $30 and it'd go pretty quick.

Could go as high as $50-$55 in my opinion, but I don't really collect strategy guides.

Your way off on this. $175-$300 being how nice this looks $300. 

My Wanted to Buy/Trade Thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

My Ebay Listings
http://www.ebay.com/sch/daillest/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&a...

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:19:43 AM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
I'm sorry to say Santa, but you're a little off.

This guide has sales of around $300 consistently. It's in pretty good shape, so maybe $350-$400 depending on how much the buyer wants it.

Please see the new goodness:   www.videogamesage.com

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:27:18 AM
Commander Santa (178)
New York
Originally posted by: acidjaguar

I'm sorry to say Santa, but you're a little off.

This guide has sales of around $300 consistently. It's in pretty good shape, so maybe $350-$400 depending on how much the buyer wants it.

HOLY COW!!!

I didn't realize how much guides go for.
I was basing this on what I'd myself pay if I were looking for a companion for a game I had.

I've picked up a few guides over the years, but I've never paid more than $50.

Doesn't the game itself only go for around $80?

You guys have taught me something new today for sure!

bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:33:15 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
that one looks pretty nice. I remember having one in a little worse shape that took forever to sell for 400$. I didn't even get more than 100$ offered for over a year before someone randomly bought it for asking price. If your patient, it may take several months at 400$. For a quick sale, anything under 300$ should sell within a month. Guide values have held up along with demand pretty well over the years and there are buyers. Lufia 2 is arguably the hardest snes guide to find, but I beg to differ. I'd put it in the top 5, not the top 3 IMO. They show up about 1-2 times a year.

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 12:36 AM by SNESfinder-

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:40:23 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: SNESfinder-

that one looks pretty nice. I remember having one in a little worse shape that took forever to sell for 400$. I didn't even get more than 100$ offered for over a year before someone randomly bought it for asking price. If your patient, it may take several months at 400$. For a quick sale, anything under 300$ should sell within a month. Guide values have held up along with demand pretty well over the years and there are buyers. Lufia 2 is arguably the hardest snes guide to find, but I beg to differ. I'd put it in the top 5, not the top 3 IMO. They show up about 1-2 times a year.
Which SNES guides would you consider harder to find then this? Tecmo Seceret of the Stars comes to mind.  Some crazy ones only Acidjaguar has

My Ebay Listings

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:42:02 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Also OP you are about 3 days too late. I was in the market for one of these but have one on the way now.

My Ebay Listings

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:43:02 AM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana
Originally posted by: daillest

Which SNES guides would you consider harder to find then this? Tecmo Seceret of the Stars comes to mind.  Some crazy ones only Acidjaguar has

My best guess would be these ..... 

1. How to Win at Zelda 3
2. AD&D Eye of teh Beholder
3. Tecmo Secret of teh Stars
4. Lufia 2 
5. Virtual Bart 

ETA: If anyone is after a list ... 
http://nintendoage.com/auth/forum...

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 12:44 AM by acidjaguar

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:44:20 AM
Commander Santa (178)
New York

I see guides for sale for cheap all the time.
Which ones would you guys suggest keeping an eye out for (besides Lufia II)?

Had no idea they could command such a premium.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:47:20 AM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States

that one looks pretty nice. I remember having one in a little worse shape that took forever to sell for 400$. I didn't even get more than 100$ offered for over a year before someone randomly bought it for asking price. If your patient, it may take several months at 400$. For a quick sale, anything under 300$ should sell within a month. Guide values have held up demand pretty well over the years and there are buyers. Lufia 2 is arugably the hardest snes guide to find, but I beg to differ. I'd put it in the top 5, not the top 3 IMO. They show up about 1-2 times a year.

This is the second Lufia II I've seen this week and I know there were more than 5 different copies listed in the last year on ebay too. lol

The How to Win at Playing Zelda III Guide I traded/sold recently for around $250-$300? is harder to find as far as that goes  

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

That list Acidjaguar just posted is pretty good, but he could have mixed any of the Vidiot Boy guides in there too and I probably wouldn't argue

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:50:36 AM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

that one looks pretty nice. I remember having one in a little worse shape that took forever to sell for 400$. I didn't even get more than 100$ offered for over a year before someone randomly bought it for asking price. If your patient, it may take several months at 400$. For a quick sale, anything under 300$ should sell within a month. Guide values have held up demand pretty well over the years and there are buyers. Lufia 2 is arugably the hardest snes guide to find, but I beg to differ. I'd put it in the top 5, not the top 3 IMO. They show up about 1-2 times a year.

This is the second Lufia II I've seen this week and I know there were more than 5 different copies listed in the last year on ebay too. lol

The How to Win at Playing Zelda III Guide I traded/sold recently for around $250-$300? is harder to find as far as that goes  

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

That list Acidjaguar just posted is pretty good, but he could have mixed any of the Vidiot Boy guides in there too and I probably wouldn't argue

Yeah those Vidiot Boy guides are in the very upper echelon for sure too.  I'd almost replace 3 spots with them

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:52:52 AM
daillest (225)
(Joe ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Is there a snes specific Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder guide? I have a guide but it seems geared to PC version

My Ebay Listings

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:56:38 AM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana

Is there a snes specific Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder guide? I have a guide but it seems geared to PC version

Check out the first one on the list in the guide thread I included in a few posts back.  I can confirm a few copies out there.... 

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:56:59 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan

yes i have it. Theres a thread somewhere on here.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:57:15 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
Massachusetts
Shit, you must have added that Zelda 3 recently. I don't recall seeing it when I was more active in the guide scene a year or 2 ago. I was gonna give AD+D the top spot, definitely vidiot boy Zelda, tecmo secret of the stars, and virtual Bart in the top tier. I figured I would never find AD+D, you really think Z3 is harder to find? How many AD/D have surfaced recentley?

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:00:54 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

I think this is rarer personally but hey thats just me

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 01:01 AM by VGD

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:12:37 AM

United States

Shit, you must have added that Zelda 3 recently. I don't recall seeing it when I was more active in the guide scene a year or 2 ago. I was gonna give AD+D the top spot, definitely vidiot boy Zelda, tecmo secret of the stars, and virtual Bart in the top tier. I figured I would never find AD+D, you really think Z3 is harder to find? How many AD/D have surfaced recentley?

I had Zelda 3 listed on ebay for a few weeks looking for a good offer or trade and someone here talked me out of it. I was kind of hoping you would reach out because you always have stuff I want and can't afford. lol

That AD & D Guide will probably end up with less known copies as time goes on, but those Vidiot Boy guides and Secret of the Stars seem pretty uncommon too

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:14:38 AM
acidjaguar (668)
Montana

I'm basing a lot of that ranking of how many are known to me personally.  

I know of 

1 copy of vidiot passcodes
1, maybe 2, copies of vidiot adventurer's
2 copies of the Zelda III book
3 copies of the AD&D guide
4 copies of vidiot zelda
5-7 copies of tecmo secret of the stars
7-9 copies of lufia II
10 (probably more) copies of virtual bart 

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 01:15 AM by acidjaguar

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:31:03 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
Massachusetts

I had Zelda 3 listed on ebay for a few weeks looking for a good offer or trade and someone here talked me out of it. I was kind of hoping you would reach out because you always have stuff I want and can't afford. lol

That AD & D Guide will probably end up with less known copies as time goes on, but those Vidiot Boy guides and Secret of the Stars seem pretty uncommon too

Ugh, for Petes sake should have sent a PM! Im not in here as often as I'd like and don't catch everything. I didn't see it on eBay either ?

Since all the guidesmen are present already..

For either Z3 or AD+D, I'd be willing to trade 1 of the only 2 autographed virtual Bart guides known. They are mint, uncirculated author copies. I bought both of them directly from Steve Schwartz and have emails between him and I corresponding that info. 

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 01:32 AM by SNESfinder-

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:35:12 AM

United States
Originally posted by: acidjaguar

I'm basing a lot of that ranking of how many are known to me personally.  

I know of 

1 copy of vidiot passcodes
1, maybe 2, copies of vidiot adventurer's
2 copies of the Zelda III book
3 copies of the AD&D guide
4 copies of vidiot zelda
5-7 copies of tecmo secret of the stars
7-9 copies of lufia II
10 (probably more) copies of virtual bart 

I've seen a lot more copies of Lufia II than that, probably at least 15-20 and I lost an auction for that Vidiot Adventurer's Guide a few years ago before you got yours on the relist
It's really strange that Virtual Bart even gets mentioned becuase it should have been mass produced being a Prima guide, but it has always been hard to find. lol

Did you ever get an Aikman Playbook for a good price?
I've seen it once or twice on ebay since I found that one and there's always been like 3 or 4 copies on amazon for $400+

http://www.amazon.com/Aikman-Foot...

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:36:49 AM

United States

Ugh, for Petes sake should have sent a PM! Im not in here as often as I'd like and don't catch everything. I didn't see it on eBay either ?

Since all the guidesmen are present already..

For either Z3 or AD+D, I'd be willing to trade 1 of the only 2 autographed virtual Bart guides known. They are mint, uncirculated author copies. I bought both of them directly from Steve Schwartz and have emails between him and I corresponding that info. 

lol. I have a Lord of the Rings and Battletoads autographed copy from him
Did you pick up those ones too?

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:38:49 AM
SNESfinder- (87)
Massachusetts
I got Battletoads for sure, but I don't recall lord of the rings. He had over 10 Battletoads at the time all autographed for like 40$, but he made it a point to mention that he was only given a handful of VB author copies and only signed " a couple " of them. So I'm assuming production was super low on that one. 

Edited: 04/13/2016 at 01:41 AM by SNESfinder-

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:44:00 AM

United States

I got Battletoads for sure, but I don't recall lord of the rings. He had over 10 Battletoads at the time all autographed for like 40$

Looks like he still has 9 and I know I turned a few people on to them for less than $40, but he sent me one for free because he packed the last copy of Lord of the Rings like crap in a paper mailer and it got folded in half down the middle
He even said he would sign more copies of his books if I sent them to him. lol