Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Obtained three kiosks over the past week story, photos, and interest check on one of the new kiosks and one of my old ones

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:45:46 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
So over the past week I have obtained three kiosks.  I received them from a fellow Michigander NAer whom I've dealt with in the past several times (notably he sold me one of my WoN display cases).  We have been in talks about this deal for several months as he is downsizing and transitioning over to arcade machines.  I was not ready to pull the trigger and/or didn't have enough cash to offer up for what I felt to be a fair offer.  Well, the stars aligned and he had an opportunity to pick up an arcade cab he had been wanting for a long time, and offered me the three kiosks at cost... I could not refuse.  Over the past week I picked up each kiosk one-by-one.

As the photos will show, I bought a SNES countertop kiosk, a Gamecube full-height, and a PS1 full-height.  

The SNES one came with a custom redbull cooler for a stand.  The other member wired in a power strip in the back of it to control the kiosk and/or other eletronics and whatnot.  He put custom lighting inside to match the red light in the actual kiosk; also the lighting is controlled with a switch.  He took out the coolant and whatnot (of course), and added a lock.  It still seals like a fridge, so it's a nice place to display some stuff.  It has the SNES banner on it which is also awesome... it's quite a nice height for a stand.  The actual kiosk is in overall great shape.  It is missing the original monitor (clearly) yet has everything else major and is stock.  There are a couple of blemishes:  One, a transformer inside is blown.  All this transformer controlled was the light and sound when it was attached to the original monitor.  Now the components are just seperately wired; the tv video works fine, as does the volume and the light.  This transformer can still be purchased nowadays for $40-50.  I know nothing about electrical, so this is lost on me, but this is info the previous owner gave to me and he knows what he is talking about.  Also, The topper light flickers; this is because one or more of the wiring is loose or something along those lines; when I was inside of it re-hooking up some stuff after transport I must have knocked a wire or some loose as it stayed solid before I picked it up.  Also when I went back inside of it, it would flicker slower/quicker when I moved the wires around.  It stays solid sometimes when I turn it on, sometimes it started flickering right away.  The light's end caps are kind of curving down (as shown in the photos).  The monitor is a bit too large so it's pressing up on the light (not enough to be damaging, but it's still pushing the light up a bit so the caps are curving down.  Also, the right cap has half of the topper on the end missing (not a big deal, hardly noticable).  Also comes with a tray (with original velcro..ohhhh) for the original monitor, as well as a galvanized box to cover the transformer that is burnt.  Both of the of these items are not installed; I just have them sitting in the fridge.

The PS1 one is in fantastic shape.  The speakers pound, and everything is present besides some of the original screws and the key.  I did not mount the player 1 controller back on because I actually plan on playing on this one often, so having the controller in a fixed position is not ideal.  The original manual for assembly that was given to the retail stores also came with the kiosk, which is quite cool.  The monitor is the original Trinitron used in the retail spot.

The Gamecube one is a monster, and was clearly the most heavy.  It has a few small blemishes; cracks and scuffs.  The reset button isn't wired, and the lock mechanism is not attached.  I have the lock mechanism if I ever want a project for the day, but for now I'm fine with the dome being unlocked.  Also, it is not the original monitor, though it is a Trinitron!  Another cool stock part it still has in it is the play counter.  It's not wired up, but at least it's still in there!  This thing is a straight up beast... I thought I would sell this one and keep my old one, yet once I reassembled it and looked at the shear size compared to the other one, I'm going to keep this one and sell my other.

Which brings me to my next point: the interest check.
I will defiantly be getting rid of my old GC kiosk (different style, yet still awesome).  It is missing the topper (I don't know for sure if it ever had the logo on top, yet I'm guessing it did as most/all do), as well as missing the controller mounts (yet the arms are present and in great shape).  Original monitor is included.  
Also, I am taking an interest check on the SNES one.  I am defiantly keeping the PS1 and GC ones, yet I'm not a SNES guy so I would rather have the space and cash.  I'm not for sure on selling it yet, but figure I would offer it up on NA first!  I am not looking to transport/meet with the GC one, yet I am fine with making a trip out of meeting halfway/dropping off the SNES one as it fits in my car.

I would gladly partial trade if you have some of the N64 carts I still need, nicer GC titles I still need (black label), and/or nier PS1 titles I still need (black label).

Anyways, here are the photos!  The photos after the group picture of the three new kiosks are several photos of the Gamecube kiosk that is defiantly up for sale, so check them out!

-------------------------
Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Edited: 06/26/2017 at 04:46 PM by 1337bcc1991

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:49:01 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I've been following this on IG, glad to see you share it here too. They look beautiful indeed!

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:50:27 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
Cool snes kiosk, dude.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:12:54 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: jonebone

I've been following this on IG, glad to see you share it here too. They look beautiful indeed!
Yessir!  I had to do one epic post over here with the finished products.  NA only deserves the best  

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:55:03 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I liked the picture of you with it in your truck bed haha! I would have been nervous as hell.

That SNES one looks absolutely sick.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:58:03 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Nice!

The different SNES controllers would bother the hell out of me though 

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:00:02 PM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
That playstation one has the wrong controller. I do like the full size one however (I have the tabletop one).

Edited: 06/26/2017 at 05:02 PM by Soera

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:11:15 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Soera

That playstation one has the wrong controller. I do like the full size one however (I have the tabletop one).
This is very true.  I completely forgot to mention: no demo system was included (I don't think PS1 kiosks usually had a designated "demo" console, but I could be wrong).

The previous owner put in a ps2 with the dualshock controllers.  Plus another issue: reset button does not work.  Two things that don't bother me at all, but I completely forgot to mention.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:16:05 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Jealous! I have that same snes kiosk on the way though but the diddy kong variant. Tabletop like yours.

I really want that ps1 kiosk though! Every time i find one its nowhere near me and they won't ship.

Excellent stuff man.

gamevaluenow

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:18:34 PM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Wow, super jealous of those. So far only two kiosks I have are a Gamecube kiosk very similar to yours without the TV, and a complete Genesis kiosk that I got for a very good price some months ago, but I hope to eventually have a collection of one kiosk per game console starting from the super nintendo all the way up to the Wii-U (And PS4/Xbox One when the kiosks for those start getting phased out.) Those look very nice, congrats!   (That SNES kiosk looks kind of funny next to the other two though, it looks so tiny xD)

Former NES Sharp TV Owner

Edited: 06/26/2017 at 06:21 PM by ZeldaFreak

Jun 26, 2017 at 6:28:01 PM
8bit_max (1)
(Max ) < Crack Trooper >
California
Very jealous of the Gamecube kiosk. Sick pickups, man.

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:56:53 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Jealous! I have that same snes kiosk on the way though but the diddy kong variant. Tabletop like yours.

I really want that ps1 kiosk though! Every time i find one its nowhere near me and they won't ship.

Excellent stuff man.
There was a fully complete PS kiosk listed locally last summer for $125. It was in really nice shape but I passed on it like a damn fool. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:07:44 AM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

This is very true.  I completely forgot to mention: no demo system was included (I don't think PS1 kiosks usually had a designated "demo" console, but I could be wrong).

It does indeed have a demo console. I took a pic of it.

Jun 28, 2017 at 5:11:42 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Looks great.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:17:44 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan

It does indeed have a demo console. I took a pic of it.

Ohhh now I'm going to need to find one of those.  Thanks  

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:03:53 PM
bergalon (20)

< Little Mac >
Illinois
These sound very cool but the picture links appear to be broken. Any chance you could update? Thanks!