(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Daria

Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Nice standalone JSRF and Syberia II

Syberia 2 is another good one. I like adventure games. Did it come in a bundle pack?

Not as far as I know. I've only seen both by themselves, but I see the second far less than the first. 

Oh... I see, it was just the way you followed up after standalone JSRF. Nevermind.

Ah, you're right, my bad.

-------------------------

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:34:27 PM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois

My favorite games are: Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, Call of Cthulhu, Jade Empire, KOTOR2, Fable, Sudeki, Bards Tale, Baldur's Gate DA2, Still Life, and Pirates!

Nice!
My top favorites in the library are probably --
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Beyond Good & Evil, Capcom Classics Collection vol. 2, Dreamfall, Gunvalkyrie, GTA Vice City, Midway Arcade Treasures 2, Murakumo, Otogi 2, Outrun 2006 Coast-to-Coast, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Psychonauts, Sonic Heroes, Spikeout: Battle Street, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Stubbs the Zombie, Sudeki, Taito Legends, Taito Legends 2, Urbz: Sims in the City, Xyanide, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Dawn of Destiny. 

The Baldur's Gate DA engine is just awesome and can be found in other cool games too like the sequel DA2, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 03:38 PM by NickTLG

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:40:44 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: cirellio

The Baldur's Gate DA engine is just awesome and can be found in other cool games too like the sequel DA2, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Don't forget the Norrath games on PS2! And play Bards Tale if you haven't. Same engine, but hilarious. It's a parody game. 

... Dreamfall was on the xbox? How did I miss that?! Psychonauts and the two GTA games were a lot of fun too. I also really liked the first Splinter Cell. It was like Zelda with drug lords. 

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:45:39 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

Don't forget the Norrath games on PS2! And play Bards Tale if you haven't. Same engine, but hilarious. It's a parody game. 

... Dreamfall was on the xbox? How did I miss that?! Psychonauts and the two GTA games were a lot of fun too. I also really liked the first Splinter Cell. It was like Zelda with drug lords. 

Of course! I've got both Norrath games on PS2 and I've played all the way through them, lots of fun, especially since I used to play EverQuest religiously.
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is definitely on XBox and it's great!
I rented Bard's Tale for PS2 many years ago and I remember it being really funny. I totally didn't know it was on the Dark Alliance engine, will definitely have to pick that up.
lol about Splinter Cell. Never played that but sounds hilarious.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:48:35 PM
Daria (29)
Florida

Ok that might have been a tad hyperbolic on my part. It's your standard stealth shooter. But the game generally progresses by using the correct gadget in the right situation. The puzzle solving reminded me a lot of Zelda - the series started focusing heavily on action after the first game though. 

edit: I've owned played Dreamfall on PC but I want the console version now!

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 03:49 PM by Daria

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:52:40 PM
NintenDarr (11)
(Ryan ) < El Ripper >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

So tonight I picked up the rest of the collection this guy had.  If you haven't seen my FK thread, I recently scored a huge GC, PS1, DS, etc. lot from this guy, and today was my third and final trek to his place (hour or so away) to pick up the rest of his collection (PS2, XBOX, strategy guides, 3ds, and extras).  I organzied and priced all the PS2 and 3ds stuff, and just got done with the XBOX games.. I obtained around 70 XBOX games, and there were literally only three titles over $20 (and not by much, either).
- Shenmue II
- Stubbs the Zombie (awesome, odd title that I never heard of... I figured it was going to be semi-rare before looking it up, and it ended up being the priciest game of the lot)
- KOTOR 2

Everything else was basically $5 or under (only several $10-15 games... under 10 titles I'd say) and there was only a few sport/ racing titles.

I know there has been a thread or two in the past few months about XBOX being kinda shit in value... but for real.. WTF?!?! What is the explanation?  It's not like there is a shortage of tried-and-true action game titles, M-rated titles, XBOX-exclusive titles, etc.; I know there's not TOO many RPGs on the system.  I just don't understand how a system well over 10 years old doesn't have more valuable titles.  Even the couple of sealed titles in the lot I bought were going for $5 or under on ebay.

.. meh.  Organization is done, time for FO4 and one last beer.
ahh dude Stubbs is such a fun game. Its funny to play if you are a Halo fan, as it runs on the Combat Evolved engine. You can really see it at the profile select screen and while jumping in game. 

Got hangtab black boxes in nice condition? PM me!

https://www.twitch.tv/grind_y0ur_...
Come watch and follow the channel! Much appreciated!

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:39:16 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
I find it funny that people are complaining about how cheap OGX games are, I dont remember people complaining about NES games being cheap. lol.

We sit here and complain that NES games arent cheap like they were in 2000, but we do about OGX games? lol. I keep adding to my collection when I find them cheap. When NES games were cheap I only kept the ones that I knew I wouild play, now I'm paying big money to complete my collection. I'd rather pay $.50 per game now, than $10-$15 in 15 years.

Just my two cents. Look at PS2, there are still a ton of dirt cheap games for it, and I think the only reason that GCN games stayed as high as they are is because of the "It's Nintendo" phenomenon. add that the the fact that alot of people were buying GCN games to play in thier Wii's just because they had a hard time finding good GCN games. Once the 360/wii/ps3 generation came out local stores here were up to their ears in Xbox/PS2 stuff, while the GCN stuff just got harder and harder to find.

It took Genesis years to get a collector base big enough to raise prices and there are a ton of great games for the system.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:57:00 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
For anyone interested: I posted pictures of the XBOX lot, as well as other stuff I bought in the same haul in my FKs thread. Silent said a few of you may be interested.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:06:33 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
^ i am totally psyched about xbox prices. There are so many games i have yet to play, i have to research more but off the top of my head these are must plays for me. To be able to pick these up for so cheap compared to everything else i collect.

Psychonauts
Oddworld
Jade empire
Soul calibur 2 ( Spawn is exponentially more badass than Link, sorry)
Phantom Dust

But you are right lol People complain about prices being too high, and now complaining about prices being too low. Well not complaing but you know what i mean.

I think it's crazy how expensive some gamecube games are, but hey......it's Nintendo.

gamevaluenow

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:35:46 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Granted, I'm not reading into this whole thread, but I think the price on some of those titles you mentioned are factored higher for one major reason: Backwards compatibility to the the 360.

The 360 is still being sold in places like GameStop, and since you can still play some original XBOX games on the 360 (if you have a HDD), then those games will be more desirable than the ones that can not play on the system.

Also, Shenmue II blew up not just because of the factor I just mention, but because of the recent announcement of Shenmue III.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:40:49 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I'll just echo everyone who's outlining how flawed the BC on 360 is. I know my friends and I have had serious problems with Halo 2 multiplayer on the 360, and thus, we've been playing on my bud's original for like 10 years.

I recently acquired the OG Xbox, after having never had one, and I'm stoked to spend more time collecting for it, largely because the prices are reasonable, and the competition at local shops around here is way less fierce. I look in the SNES and 64 sections these days, and the owners tell me I miss out on stuff all the time; they can't keep it on the shelves for longer than a day, practically, if it's anything decent. Color me glad we're in the sweet spot right now for this system.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:40:04 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Too bad all the original Xbox consoles will red ring in the next ten yes lol

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:42:34 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois
Originally posted by: ALTQQ

Too bad all the original Xbox consoles will red ring in the next ten yes lol

Fortunately mentalities like this are why collecting for OG XBox is so awesome right now ^_^

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:51:50 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Granted, I'm not reading into this whole thread, but I think the price on some of those titles you mentioned are factored higher for one major reason: Backwards compatibility to the the 360.

The 360 is still being sold in places like GameStop, and since you can still play some original XBOX games on the 360 (if you have a HDD), then those games will be more desirable than the ones that can not play on the system.

Also, Shenmue II blew up not just because of the factor I just mention, but because of the recent announcement of Shenmue III.

I got lucky and replaced my Shenmue II(Stolen soon after I bought it back in the day) the day before they made the announcement. I think I paid $7.99. It was the first copy I'd seen locally in ages. And as luck would have it I found two more copies a week later for $1 at a pawnshop... Flipped the second 2 for extra cash to add afew games to my NES collection.

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:11:52 PM
Nostalgizoid! (25)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Well the biggest point that hasn't been mentioned is that PS2 dominated Xbox in that era. Xbox is never going to be collectible like Nintendo, it is the Sega Genesis of that generation, even though there are some dedicated Xbox fans (like myself).

Add in the fact that there is plenty of overlap between the two libraries, set collecting just won't be that popular. I don't care if it is 5, 10, or 20 years, the system will be lucky if it has a handful of titles that ever crack the $100+ mark as a CIB.

Like usual Jone is right on about this. Xbox never had any heat in its generation, there aren't going to be many people with childhood memories that collect for the system. I assume its going to follow a similar path to the Dreamcast and PS1/2 in that you'll have some standout titles that will increase in value due to genre collectors. If I was a betting man I'd hold on to good survival horror titles like Fatal Frame 1 and 2 and the critically lauded poor sellers like Stubbs / Conker. I wouldn't expect much price appreciation, but then again the PS2 did surprise me, I never expected Rule of Rose to go for hundreds and most RPGs to decrease in value. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:43:00 PM
Daria (29)
Florida

Of course! I've got both Norrath games on PS2 and I've played all the way through them, lots of fun, especially since I used to play EverQuest religiously.
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is definitely on XBox and it's great!
I rented Bard's Tale for PS2 many years ago and I remember it being really funny. I totally didn't know it was on the Dark Alliance engine, will definitely have to pick that up.

Hey, I totally forgot about this game but while shopping for xbox titles (heh just bought D&D Heroes) I spotted Pirates of the Caribbean. Despite the Disney license it's actually an RPG published by Bethesda. It was originally going to be Sea Dogs 2 but they reskinned it for a cash grab at the last minute.  

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:01:29 PM
Richard (19)
(Richard ) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Aside from a few games, I really don't see the Xbox being collectible. People are just assuming that they will rise but Microsoft isn't Nintendo. I'm curious to see if the PS2 will ever become hot and the PS2 is certainly more collectible than the Xbox.

Also, consider the fact that collectible systems have been the sprite based ones and the very early 3D consoles (they still had plenty of 2D games). You can say that those are simply the "older" systems, however I really will argue that those systems have a special feel to them. 8 bit=start of the gaming becoming huge (home market consoles), 16 bit= near perfection of sprite based gaming, PS1/N64=the beginning of the 3D and filled with classics, as well as some great 2D titles. PS2/Xbox is really a transitional stage. Many of the best games on those systems have simply been remastered.

You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness.

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:23:34 PM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois
For something not collectible, I sure am collecting it.
Fortunately the stuff that people don't think will be collectible and ignore are usually the things that end up being collectible. Take NES carts for instance.

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:24:29 AM
Daria (29)
Florida
Originally posted by: Richard

Aside from a few games, I really don't see the Xbox being collectible. People are just assuming that they will rise but Microsoft isn't Nintendo. I'm curious to see if the PS2 will ever become hot and the PS2 is certainly more collectible than the Xbox.

Also, consider the fact that collectible systems have been the sprite based ones and the very early 3D consoles (they still had plenty of 2D games). You can say that those are simply the "older" systems, however I really will argue that those systems have a special feel to them. 8 bit=start of the gaming becoming huge (home market consoles), 16 bit= near perfection of sprite based gaming, PS1/N64=the beginning of the 3D and filled with classics, as well as some great 2D titles. PS2/Xbox is really a transitional stage. Many of the best games on those systems have simply been remastered.

You're right, it's absolutely not collectable. I hope the speculators all share your opinion.

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:36:48 AM
Richard (19)
(Richard ) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States

Originally posted by: Richard

You're right, it's absolutely not collectable. I hope the speculators all share your opinion.

Personally, I could care less if it's collectibe or not. I don't care about the original Xbox and it has nothing to do with the future value of the games or present. Just expressing my opinions on it.

You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness.

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:55:25 AM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
There are few things a shooter (fps) fan can get akin to start up the XBlock and hear the Halo chant. I'd say its parallel to Mario 3 or Mario World in that regard. The Xbox is going to be legendary. The library is fill w wonky, under the radar games. Even the big ones like Outrun C2C live up to their hype. Xbox is the new Sega and is single handedly responsible for bring a PC gaming experience to the home console.

Halo go so many of my friends off CS it was disturbing. I'll never forget my friends bitching about "if they only had a key board and mouse.." How much better they would be. Viva La Xblock!

VideoGameSage.com

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:11:20 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Here's what I have for an Xbox collection:

Now is a great time to collect for the system. I may not have a ton of games for it, I just pick up what I find locally that looks interesting. I'm fairly certain I haven't paid over $3 for a single game on the shelf.

Edited: 11/18/2015 at 12:06 PM by NintendoTwizer

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:23:59 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
Florida
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Here's what I have for an Xbox collection:

Now is a great time to collect for the system. I may not have a ton of games for it, I just pick up what I find locally that looks interesting. I'm fairly certain I haven't paid over $3 for a single on my shelf.
Sweet! You do what I do when it comes to platnium hits: keep them as their own separate entity.

For fun, I tend to like to try and collect any and all games that are on the backwards compatibility list-- having a complete set of those seems fun.

In all, I guess it's also good for any entry-level collector, there are some great games out there, and are pretty cheap no matter how you collect. 

Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:24:05 AM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
Florida
Edit, double post. 

Edited: 11/18/2015 at 01:24 AM by BouncekDeLemos

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:07:43 AM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California

May favorite games are: Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, Call of Cthulhu, Jade Empire, KOTOR2, Fable, Sudeki, Bards Tale, Baldur's Gate DA2, Still Life, and Pirates!

I haven't heard of Still Life. I'll look into that. Do you need a gun to play House of the Dead 3?