Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Alright, let's discuss Stadium Events value

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:44:50 AM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: Laketown04

This conversation is always interesting. As much as people don't want to hear that it is valued around 10-13k at the time, it's happening. I know atleast 2 that have have sold in that range. Also, I traded my extra SE to guy for 13 in trade about year and a half ago In a private setting.
The problem with private sales is that they're private. We don't know what exactly happened. You say you heard they were going for 13k. Maybe there was one that sold for 18k that you never heard about. Does that mean they are worth 18k now? The next private sale goes for $7500 because of a favor. Are they now worth that?

Of course not.

They are worth whatever the seller and buyer agree upon. The open market sets the general negotiating setting. After that, it simply depends on how much one side wants it and how much the other side wants the cash.

In a private setting, you might as well say they're worth a unicorn and two Sasquatches.

Right, I understand why some people may prefer private sales, but you gotta take the pros AND the cons, cant have your cake and eat it too. 

-------------------------
Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:40:21 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I personally still hold onto this idea I will find one in the wild. I mean its largely just a fantasy. I have yet to find an NES game in the $100+ value range in the wild. I am always good for an off topic reply. 

Edited: 11/23/2017 at 02:01 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:07:54 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I'd call the value 8-12 or maybe 9-12 depending on the circumstances. 12,500 is aggressive. Not batshit crazy, but aggressive. I think it would sit for a while at that price.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:55:24 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I personally still hold onto this idea I will find one in the wild. I mean its largely just a fantasy. I have yet to find an NES game in the $100+ value range in the wild. I am always good for an off topic reply. 

I dont know why, but I"m still holding onto the same idea! lol 

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:15:26 PM
DFWRETROGAMER (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Texas
You're welcome for getting the debate started.  

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:19:07 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
I was involved in two SE sales this year and the selling prices were over $4,000 apart. It is too hard to gauge a price; it seems to fluctuate as much as the wind based on a dozen different variables.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:30:22 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Expensive items are volatile by nature. You have a $100 game +/- 10% and it could range from $90 to $110 based on condition. Well, take a $10,000 game and it's going to fluctuate from $9,000 to $11,000 just as normal variation that has nothing to do with market price. If someone needs to make a sale and buyers are patient then they'll get it on the low end. If buyers are desperate and sellers aren't that motivated to sell, it'll go on the high end.

As someone with no interest in owning one, I'd say it "feels like" a $10k cart to me. As a buyer I'd want to be under that and as a seller I'd want to be over that. And hence this exact thread... owners talking it up as $12k and buyers talking it up as $8 to $9k. The answer is somewhere in the middle of course.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:58:07 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: jonebone

...buyers talking it up as $8 to $9k.

Shiet, I'll only pay $4000. But I'm patient, and hopefully will do enough for the community that one day it shows up.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:08:05 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I think a lot of us do that can't justify spending close to 5 figures for a game. It happens, it's just really rare. I know that bear78 got one a couple years ago for a steal in my area... so it does happen. Gives us hope that maybe it'll happen to us someday   

Let's Go Penguins!

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:22:19 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Expensive items are volatile by nature. You have a $100 game +/- 10% and it could range from $90 to $110 based on condition. Well, take a $10,000 game and it's going to fluctuate from $9,000 to $11,000 just as normal variation that has nothing to do with market price. If someone needs to make a sale and buyers are patient then they'll get it on the low end. If buyers are desperate and sellers aren't that motivated to sell, it'll go on the high end.

As someone with no interest in owning one, I'd say it "feels like" a $10k cart to me. As a buyer I'd want to be under that and as a seller I'd want to be over that. And hence this exact thread... owners talking it up as $12k and buyers talking it up as $8 to $9k. The answer is somewhere in the middle of course.

Truth!! 

Nov 25, 2017 at 12:25:42 AM
Noobguy (26)

< Eggplant Wizard >
California
I've seen some people mention getting good deals at conventions. Are there certain conventions where you're more likely to find these big games at semi reasonable prices?

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:13:28 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Noobguy

I've seen some people mention getting good deals at conventions. Are there certain conventions where you're more likely to find these big games at semi reasonable prices?

SHowing up with cash in hand can cause people to sell things more impulsively.

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:21:01 AM
Noobguy (26)

< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

SHowing up with cash in hand can cause people to sell things more impulsively.

What are some of the bigger conventions for NES games?  The couple I've been to were kind of small and disappointing. 

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:47:15 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
PGRE, RC, MGE

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:04:47 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

...buyers talking it up as $8 to $9k.

Shiet, I'll only pay $4000. But I'm patient, and hopefully will do enough for the community that one day it shows up.

by the time you find someone willing to sell at a deep discount the value will have moved up and you'll be looking at paying today's value after the discount anyways.    Its your money and decision of course.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:15:15 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Which price are we talking about?

Price - If you are a buyer and want one right now.
Price - If you are a buyer have cash in hand ready to go and can wait 1-2 years for the perfect buy.
Price - If you are the seller and have to sell it right now.
Price - If you are the seller and can wait 1-2 for the perfect sale.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:18:08 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I was told at PRGE that my cash offers were a no go because they knew of several private sales that were 10k+.

Your patience will pay off eventually.  There will be somebody that just wants a quick easy sale to a trusted buyer at current market value. 

(but not at 4 grand)

Honestly, that headless copy should be 4k but that seller will keep it forever. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:18:16 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Buyatari

Price - If you are a buyer have cash in hand ready to go and can wait 1-2 years for the perfect buy.

all of em, list em off  

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I was told at PRGE that my cash offers were a no go because they knew of several private sales that were 10k+.

Your patience will pay off eventually.  There will be somebody that just wants a quick easy sale to a trusted buyer at current market value. 

(but not at 4 grand)

Honestly, that headless copy should be 4k but that seller will keep it forever. 

No way man, that cart has history! At least 6k worth of history!

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 12:20 PM by Bort License Plate

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:20:49 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Bert

all of em, list em off  

10k-12k
8-10k
7-8k
​12-15k

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:22:47 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Forgot the *

* Headless copies are approx half of these values.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:23:00 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
You would think people with all these "high" dollar private sales would want to make them public to drive the value up.

Thats one of the reasons I think the whole "private" sale thing is bullshit.

But unless I win the lotto, you wouldn't catch me dead paying 10k + for an SE. So my opinion does not matter  

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:28:18 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
Seriously though. What do you guys think the headless one is worth? Anybody know what it sold for the last time it changed hands?

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:29:28 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
Ontario
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

You would think people with all these "high" dollar private sales would want to make them public to drive the value up.

Thats one of the reasons I think the whole "private" sale thing is bullshit.

But unless I win the lotto, you wouldn't catch me dead paying 10k + for an SE. So my opinion does not matter  

it's an easy way to drive up the price without the sales actually existing  

But seriously, I don't doubt for one minute that private sales do happen. People have large collections and would rather keep their privacy, that's fine. But that sale shouldn't mean fuck all for the market. It's not a documented sale. Hence the "private sale." Like I said before, it's either one or the other. Can't have both

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:31:55 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I still think the headless one should be a "communal" Stadium Events. Everyone with a -SE set can throw an equal stake into a pot to pay for it, the game is kept in a safe deposit box somewhere, but everyone who owns a stake can claim it for their collection. If someone new wants in, they pay everyone else a bit to even the stake. Eventually everyone can be in for a penny.  

(Joking, of course.)

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:44:40 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas

Forgot the *

* Headless copies are approx half of these values.

So this is the one I offered to buy, thinking that with as bad as the copy is, I could afford it. I was told no less than $10, private sales helping account for this price, and I think he had it out for $12,000? I said I'd do $4000 in cash, right there, and he said $10. I certainly felt there was no wiggle room, and then the two private sales I was unaware of was brought into the conversation, etc. I gave up.

Look, I see that seller a couple times a year. Nice guy. But I felt I was making a real offer and would be close to what it was actually worth. I may have gone a tad higher just to get this shit over with. At this point, it seems like it's more of an attention getter and I believe it will be for sale at their booth for quite some time into the future.

Again, super nice seller, always smiling, but I differ with them on this guy's worth.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 12:45 PM by Ferris Bueller