Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Why Do You Collect Games? Do You Like Them, or Do You Like Having Them?

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:46:21 PM
MalcolmXY (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: attakid101

Oh lord, I hate when people like you embrace their asshole-ness. Not because I hate assholes, but because all this is is a thinly veiled defense tactic. Your attitude keeps us all at armslength where we can't get a word in edgwise, and you yourself are beyond condemnation. Prosaic.

Hows about you keep reading until you get to the last post I made in the thread and then judge me, or poorly psychoanalyze me, or whatever it is you were doing to me, 'kay?

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:51:37 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: MalcolmXY

Oh lord, I hate when people like you embrace their asshole-ness. Not because I hate assholes, but because all this is is a thinly veiled defense tactic. Your attitude keeps us all at armslength where we can't get a word in edgwise, and you yourself are beyond condemnation. Prosaic.

Hows about you keep reading until you get to the last post I made in the thread and then judge me, or poorly psychoanalyze me, or whatever it is you were doing to me, 'kay?

Oh I read it all, but nothing else of it was as compelling as your lackadaisical "asshole pride." I'm almost bothered by the fact that this obvious troll thread made it past its first page.

Edited: 07/25/2013 at 07:51 PM by attakid101

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:55:09 PM
MalcolmXY (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

Oh I read it all, but nothing else of it was as compelling as your lackadaisical "asshole pride." I'm almost bothered by the fact that this obvious troll thread made it past its first page.

I thought it was rather enthusiastic myself, and if you're bothered by this thread, or even almost bothered, you need to get a thicker hide. 

This thread had a purpose, and I wasn't the one trolling it.  It was my thread.  The fact that others got all huffy, like you're doing now, isn't my problem, it's theirs...and yours.

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:56:18 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho

I thought it was rather enthusiastic myself, and if you're bothered by this thread, or even almost bothered, you need to get a thicker hide. 

This thread had a purpose, and I wasn't the one trolling it.  It was my thread.  The fact that others got all huffy, like you're doing now, isn't my problem, it's theirs...and yours.

Please. The point of this thread was to "get others all huffy" 

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:00:09 PM
MalcolmXY (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

No, it wasn't. 

Since you seem all eager to analyze me, let me share an observation about you and offer you a bit of advice - when you don't know something, instead of assuming you do, ask a person who you think may know this thing you don't to explain it to you.

It'll make your life infinitely simpler and more pleasurable, I promise you.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:03:28 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho

No, it wasn't. 

Since you seem all eager to analyze me, let me share an observation about you and offer you a bit of advice - when you don't know something, instead of assuming you do, ask a person who you think may know this thing you don't to explain it to you.

It'll make your life infinitely simpler and more pleasurable, I promise you.

Very evasive. I think we're done here.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:06:09 PM
MalcolmXY (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

I can see my advice fell upon deaf ears, since you did the exact same thing and didn't consider asking me what the actual purpose of the thread was.

I think we were done before we started. 

...and people think I'm the asshole.  Ain't that a B-I-itch?

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:11:20 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho

I can see my advice fell upon deaf ears, since you did the exact same thing and didn't consider asking me what the actual purpose of the thread was.

I think we were done before we started. 

...and people think I'm the asshole.  Ain't that a B-I-itch?

I'm sorry, there was no need to ask you what the purpose of this thread was. I read it through entirely. But I'm an open minded guy, please tell me in your own words, as concisely as you can, what was your point here?

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:17:02 PM
MalcolmXY (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

I'm sorry, there was no need to ask you what the purpose of this thread was. I read it through entirely. But I'm an open minded guy, please tell me in your own words, as concisely as you can, what was your point here?

It was research, and it was also to find some people who responded who WEREN'T assholes.

I wanted to better get to know the mind of the video game collector, and nothing brings out the true person someone is than when they are antagonized a bit.

Plenty of people were cool with the thread, took the time to listen to me if they were skeptical, or had fun with it and didn't get all huffy.

I look for those people in other threads now, and interact with them regularly, as well as PM them.

The research part was the most important reason I did it, but the meeting of the non-assholes was a nice perk, I will admit.

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:20:47 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho
And the condescension and patronizing? I suppose those were perks as well?

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:28:37 PM
attakid101 (19)
Idaho
You deliberately took a contrarian position--with an air of pretentiousness and feigned dispassion; then you dismiss it all as some exercise in dialectics. I call bullshit.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:01:57 AM
MalcolmXY (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

You deliberately took a contrarian position--with an air of pretentiousness and feigned dispassion; then you dismiss it all as some exercise in dialectics. I call bullshit.

I hope she answers and the two of you have a lovely time.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:02:15 AM
MalcolmXY (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

And the condescension and patronizing? I suppose those were perks as well?
Well, duh...